Western Animation: Phantom Investigators
Kids' WB! network in 2002. The show was known for mixing stop-motion animation, traditional 2-D hand-drawn animation, as well as live-action puppetry.The show featured a team of four junior-high aged paranormal investigators who would solve supernatural mysteries around their hometown of San Francisco. The cast was comprised of the team leader, Daemona, a telekinetic, Jericho, a telepath, Kira, and a shapeshifter, Casey.If the designs and animation style look familiar, that's because it was done by the same studio that did the Life With Loopy shorts on Kablam.Needs more love.
- Dead All Along: One episode saw the team try to help an amnesiac girl named Jenny, who was plagued by supernatural dreams. It turned out she was a ghost who was placed back in the human world in an accident, and the dreams were her family trying to explain.
- Non-Powered Costumed Hero: Daemona wore a mask and uniform while on the job, while the rest of the team dressed casually.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: They transform every night (at least every night seen in the episode) and some of them can turn dogs into weredogs, which are basically just dogs with a tendency to go berserk under the light of the moon.
- Team Pet: Wad, a chewing gum sprite.
- Shapeshifter Mode Lock: In the episode featuring a dog groomer who had been turned into a werewolf because he had given a true werewolf a bad haircut, the groomer bites Casey when Casey is in the form of a dog, forcing him to stay in that form until they manage to cure the groomer.
- World Building: Surprisingly, the show actually had a specific hierarchy of ghosts and monsters to follow, instead of just making it up as each episode went. At one point, the fact that a monster didn't seem to fit into any category was a plot point.