open/close all folders
- One Calvin And Hobbes strip has Hobbes check his watch, despite usually not wearing anything at all, being a stuffed tiger.
- Harry Potter somehow got his hands on a wristwatch after he left the Dursleys. It is ruined in the Triwizard Tournament and the Weasleys give him a pocket watch that used to belong to Molly's brother for Harry's 17th birthday.
- Averted in Jim Butcher's Ghost Story. Dresden glances at his wrist, despite not actually wearing a watch (Harry's Walking Tech Bane status prevents him from wearing one). Another character calls him out on this.
- On an episode of the Batman TV series, it is revealed that Robin wears a wristwatch under his glove.
- Parodied in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
Billy: Look at my wrist! I have to go!
- Marsupilami sports a watch in the Raw Toonage short, "Jungle Fever", when he is checking Maurice's blood pressure.
- Patrick does this twice in SpongeBob SquarePants.
- In "Pretty Patties", the watch is quite clearly drawn on his wrist (he draws a new battery for it).
- In "Student Starfish", he hangs a lampshade by asking, "When did I start wearing a watch?"
- Mr. Bogus briefly wears one in the third act of the episode "Bogus Private Eye" when checking what time it is while waiting for the thief to come back.
- Bugs Bunny will actually pull back the fur on his forearm like a sleeve to display the watch on his naked skin.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
- Rainbow Dash wants to make a hasty exit, so she says something along the lines of, "Oh, just look at the time!" and draws a wristwatch on her front leg with a marker.
- She also does this in "Too Many Pinkie Pies". When all of the Pinkies are challenged to seeing who can watch paint dry the longest without moving or talking, it turns out to drag on a bit longer than expected, and during one of the time skips, Rainbow looks at an actual wrist(?) watch she never had up until that point, and is never seen again from then on.
- The Simpsons is guilty of this a lot. The DVD commentary likes to point it out each time it happens.
- In "D.W.'s Name Game", Walter does this in a Fantasy Sequence when D.W. sobs and blows her nose for an extended period of time, then gives the audience an Aside Glance. Walter is a deer, and not a deer-person like the other anthropomorphic animals on the show, though in D.W.'s fantasy, he can talk.
- Arthur wears a watch in "The Perfect Brother" and "I'm a Poet" as well. And D.W. wears a watch once in "My Fair Tommy".
- Rocko the Kangaroo does it 5 times in the following episodes of Rocko's Modern Life During the claw game in Carnival Knowledge episode, The claw grabs Rocko's watch and Heffer the Cow remarks "It's got your watch!" In "Rocko's Happy Sack", Rocko only has 15 minutes to get grocery before the deadline. In Popcorn Podium, He does not have for get to the movies. In "Commuted Sentence", Rocko goes into the traffic jam and has 20 minutes until 9 to get to his job. In the Christmas special "Rocko's Modern Christmas", He checks his watch for time before Christmas Eve.