Former troper from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
, now returned from the dead to haunt the YKTTW
I'm registered with the Troper Dating Service
, if anyone's interested. You should also know that I'm a card-carrying member of PLATTER
still, despite my name change.
If you feel the need to vandalize my page, please do it here. Do it anywhere else, and I will Kill It with Fire
. Vandalism from my old troper page has been moved here.
Your page isn't a virgin anymore; try not to call me ok? - Kino
Pleasant day PLATTER
compatriot! Red Wren
dropping in to say hi.
You commented on my page about my taste being awesome, that makes you awesome in return~ - Cassie
Tropes that apply to this user:
- Adorkable: Or So Ive Heard.
- Badass Bookworm: I can hold my own in a fight pretty well, for a nerd.
- Glass Cannon: But if you hit me first, I'm probably gonna go down hard.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Maybe that's the reason I weird people out sometimes. I do tend to see the world in an exceedingly non-mainstream way.
- Brainy Brunette: Gender Flipped, since I'm male.
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Creepy Sexy: Once again, I've been told this applies to me by a few people, but Your Mileage May Vary.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Ethical Slut: A devout practitioner of Polyamory.
- Even Nerds Have Standards: If you liked 2001: A Space Odyssey (aka the most boring movie ever filmed), I just lost a little bit of respect for you.
- Internet Tough Guy: Or so I was falsely accused of being when I dared to suggest that a character from Breaking Bad deserved to die. Fan Dumb was probably at work there (maybe even Perverse Sexual Lust, since it was a female character I was criticizing, and an attractive one at that), but I found the accusation hilariously inaccurate enough to mention it here.
- Loners Are Freaks: A mild case, since I'm only a mild loner... you can't be a full-fledged loner and practice polyamory.
- Mr. Imagination: As befits an aspiring author.
- Nightmare Fetishist
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: I've been told I have this tendency.
- The Reveal: Okay, Idler20, you guessed it. I'm Pinata.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: I have a cat to whom this trope applies in abundance.
Tropes that apply to this user's writing:
Only the broad strokes here... basically describing my Signature Style
- Action Girl: Most of my female characters. Chickification is entirely averted, but some of the women in my stories are a bit too scary to qualify for Action Girl status.
- Anvilicious: I have a strong tendency toward sociopolitical commentary.
- Ascended Fanboy: At least one character in each story.
- Author Appeal: I don't shy away from it at all. Some of the greatest Guilty Pleasures ever written have been fueled by this trope.
- Black and White Beauty: See also Author Appeal. The vast majority of my female characters look like this because I find this trope to be the embodiment of physical perfection.
- Brain Bleach: Trust me, you're gonna need it. Sometimes I need it, and I wrote this shit.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Canon Welding: Almost everything takes place in the same Verse, and Character Overlap does occur from time to time.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Not from one character in one line, but the work itself as a whole. Be warned, if you have problems with harsh language then you are going to be deeply offended by my work.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Even when the good guys do it, it goes beyond the usual Jack Bauer stuff.
- The Combat Pragmatist: I don't know any other way to fight... the stuff my characters do is what I would do in their situation.
- Country Matters
- Creator Provincialism: I set most of my stories in the cluster of cities surrounding the one in southeastern Virginia where I live. There's one that alternates between Virginia Beach and Las Vegas, one that takes place in Nashville and another that takes place in Myrtle Beach, but those are exceptions rather than the rule.
- Cruel and Unusual Death
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: At least one character in each story, usually the Ascended Fanboy.
- Deadpan Snarker: There are so many of these in my work that it's almost a World of Snark.
- Either-Or Prophecy: If there's a prophecy, the bad guys have another one that states the exact opposite. This allows me to still keep readers in suspense, while also edging closer to Anyone Can Die territory than I would probably dare to without it.
- Ethical Slut: There's the odd monogamous character every once in a while, but since I don't believe in monogamy myself I usually don't bother writing it.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex
- Everyone Is Bi
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel
- Immortality: Elves, vampires, powerful Planeswalker-type wizards, unaging aliens, Physical Gods, Eldritch Abominations, and Santa Claus all exist in the universe of my stories.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: That's what he's there for, right? Karma Houdini is gruesomely averted in my writing.
- A Lighter Shade of Black
- M.I.B.: There's a government initiative specifically devoted to investigating paranormal phenomena. They permeate nearly all of my writing.
- Porn with Plot: Just telling your audience the characters are doing it isn't any fun. So I show them instead.
- Reference Overdosed
- Urban Fantasy
- World of Badass