We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
"I ran really fast, and when I stopped, I discovered that socks have no traction."
"Don't worry, you have main character privileges."
A dude who loves to draw and come up with stories. He has a Deviant Art page
, where he puts up his comics. He also writes some articles in his Deviant Art journal. He also has a Youtube channel
, which now has some videos on it. And now he has a Tumblr
! The story of how he came to TV Tropes is long forgotten, but it probably had something to do with his roommate. He loves happy endings, but isn't above subverting it for a story.
My Analysis page is no longer a Quotes page!
He also writes fanfic now.
Tropes pertaining to this man:
- Affectionate Parody: My comics do this all the time.
- Archive Binge: Attempted on the Pokémon anime, only for Mega Upload to be taken down.
- Art Evolution: My drawing ability has significantly improved since I started doing comics. Very noticeable if you look at my early comics, then look at my doodles that I do now.
- Author Appeal: I love clever, manipulative villains that are smart enough to run away or surrender, or have a back-up plan so that they never lose, per se. Almost all major villains in my stories will be like this, mostly modeled after pre-RE5 Wesker. One comic that I'm planning has an entire act where the villains are nothing but this.
- Ban on Politics: I have this on my Pacho & Jimmy comics. After some...lackluster comics centered on politics. I may draw some political comics, but it won't be Pacho & Jimmy. Though that doesn't mean I won't make the occasional political joke, but I won't do any comics all about them.
- Berserk Button: Go ahead. Ask me why I hate Death Note. And just tell me how Light is just like Lelouch.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I try not to resort to violence, but I don't like it when people piss me off. I can work around getting pissed off by turning it into humor, but sometimes...I just want to deck some people. Thankfully, I've never done anything worse than a Dope Slap. I may say that I am annoyed if I can't take it.
- Brilliant but Lazy: TV Tropes and Tumblr don't help.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Too many times.
- Cannot Talk to Women: Only if I really like them. Other than that I'm fine.
- Catch Phrase: Nathan Fillion is always relevant!!note
- Chaste Hero/Celibate Hero: I really don't get flirting. I'm really bad at it. And I'm not interested in sex. That can wait until marriage.
- Christianity Is Catholic: Averted. Bugs THE CRAP out of me. Whenever you see Christianity in television, it's always Catholic. I don't have a lot of problems with Catholics, but for the love of God! There are other sects! What about Baptist, Protestant or non-denominational churches?
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: I always say odd things and act oddly. It's not that I'm really nuts (though that's a distinct possibility), it's just more fun.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: People tell me that I'm a Chick Magnet, but I don't see it. Maybe that's why I'm clueless?
- Covert Pervert: Most people couldn't tell..... I'm not proud of it....
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Improving to save not one but two theater class plays. Once was my Theater II class, and we were performing Neil Simon's Rumors. I was Ernie, and when a friend playing Ken came in after shooing out officer Welch, he shut the prop door too hard and it fell on the guy playing Glenn. It only bumped his head on the way down, but those doors are heavy and he didn't flinch. Everyone on stage, in the audience, and our senior director all gasped. I ran along with Ken across the stage to pick up the door. While doing that I shoutednote "Good God, Ken! Why did you break the door?!" and he replied "I'm sorry!" Everyone in the audience laughed, as well as our senior director, and was considered the highlight of the night. Later my theater teacher praised me for being the only person to not break character.
- In my Theater III class, we performed Jake's Womennote , and as I was the only guy in the class, I was Jake. Much of the play was just me monologuing to the audience, so I was alone most of the time. There was one scene were the girl playing my wife Maggie suddenly skipped to the part where she leaves, and we hadn't done half the scene. I was at a loss, all alone on the stage stuck in the middle of an unfinished scene. I just started complaining to the audience about hernote . Then after what I guess was about 30 seconds she came back and we finished the scene. I don't remember what I said, I just know that it went over well and the audience didn't notice.
- One timenote , when I was playing Counter Strike 1.6 in my high school library, I did something ridiculously awesome. I was playing on the Counter-Terrorist side against one guy on Assault with gravity turned down to about 200 or 400. I bought a Deaglenote and just decided to go with that. Within about 20 seconds of the match starting, my opponent jumped off of the warehouse roof and went flying through the air. Without thinking, I turned up and fired one shot. Headshot. I won. That was pretty much the highlight of my day.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory: I can usually adapt to controls pretty well, but gosh darnit, Kingdom Hearts had such a backwards control schemenote (X for attack and O for jump) I kept jumping when I wanted to attack and attacking when I tried to jump. It was almost completely unplayable.
- Deconstructive Parody: This also happens in my comics.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Story of my life.
- Doing It for the Art: The reason I do comics, and take the time to accurately represent video game and anime characters.
- Ear Worm: Some songs just don't leave.
- Entry Pimp: I become this sometimes if I get into something. For an example, check the Continuity Nod page, and go to Adventure Time under Western Animation. Most all of that is mine. I created that entry and did everything except for part of Goliad and Beyond this Earthly Realm. note
- Failed a Spot Check: I've done this a number of times, but I'll always spot a penny on the ground.
- Fan Web Comic: I'm planning some of these. Specifically for Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon, Mass Effect and Adventure Timenote .
- Four-Fingered Hands: Many of the characters in my Pacho and Jimmy comics have these. But I've gotten used to drawing five-fingered hands nowadays.
- Gosh Dangit To Heck: I do on occasion, sometimes, use damn or ass, but only to reference something. Even if I hurt myself (example, stub toe) the worst thing I'll shout is FRIK!!
- Identical Grandson: I resemble my grandfather in his youth. It's scary.
- Improv: I love improv. Playing improv games in my theater class (the three that I took in high school) was always enjoyable.
- Large Ham: I never miss an opportunity to be over the top.
- Lawful Good: I always lean towards this, though I'm more inclined to be good. If I had to choose, I would choose good.
- Limited Wardrobe
- Manly Tears: This has happened quince (Plus one):
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Of all the roles I've played, I have an easier time playing Jerkass characters. I tried to play a nice, kind, caring husband, but I almost completely failed at that. When I played his grandson(who's a total jerk), I was applauded for doing such a good job. Same with playing Judge Brack in Hedda Gabler. I just seem to be able to play characters that are completely opposite of myself better than characters that are like me.
- Mr. Imagination: Welcome to my own little world, where I often daze off into realms of my own creation.
- Nice Guy: I try to be nice to people even if I'm making a joke, and it takes a lot to get me worked up.
- Old Shame: In my first year of doing comics, I did several politcal themed comics. Looking back, they were terrible and unfunny. I'd rather not look at them, and I'll never upload them. I don't like how horribly slanted they are, and that the "jokes" are just plain pitiful. This led to my Ban on Politics for my Pacho & Jimmy comics.
- One Steve Limit: Averted hard in my life. I once had three friends whose names were Ryan. At the same time. And in college? I've met at least three other guys with the same name as me.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: To my college floor mates, Scribbles, since I draw comics. We're all given names by the floor when we first get on, and most of us don't know each other's birth names.
- Playing Against Type: In school plays I've been a quirky but kind psychiatristnote , a caring fathernote , and sympathetic prison guardnote , and Oberon. I've also played Judge Bracknote and a Jerkass Rebellious Spirit (A Long Christmas Dinner). Funnily enough, I've gotten more praise for my Jerkass roles.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Hell yeah! Praise to the Lord!
- Reference Overdosed: Being around me will usually result in this.
- Rooting for the Empire: I don't do this often, and I usually don't want the bad guys to outright win, but I do cheer for some bad guys.
- Team Rocket. This is anime only, because besides Pokémon: The First Movie, we don't see them win. Ever. And even when James, Jessie, and Meowth get freaking awesome in Pokemon Black and White (Best Wishes in Japan), and they spend more than ten episodes building up to one heist (That was brilliantly planned) they still don't win. Because Ash is a freaking Mary Sue.
- Albert Wesker. At least until Resident Evil 5, he was a brilliant villain. He was bad, he was smart, and it was awesome. Sure he was evil, but it was fun to watch him succeed, because he always had a Xanatos Gambit and never won the big battles.
- The Major Medical bird in the Geico commericals. What exactly is wrong with it? It pays the doctors, boi!!
- Cobra from GI Joe The Rise Of Cobra. Maybe it's because of the uninteresting main character, or maybe Baroness, but I found it more fun to watch them (except for Snake Eyes of course). I didn't want their ultimate (and ridiculous) plan to succeed, but, you know.
- There was a Powerade commercial with basketball players getting a Rousing Speech from their coach about them beating the bigger more popular team who did a dance. A dance! Is it bad that I want the bigger team to win?
- AMON. He was such a compelling villain. He had good points, and he defeated benders without bending. Too bad he was completely ruined in the finale.note
- Captain Rochefort in The Three Musketeers (2011). I didn't like him at first, but since D'Artagnan was unlikeable, I ended up cheering for him in the end. I was pissed when Plot Armor kept protecting D'Artagnan. The "I just don't fight fair" line cemented him as my favorite character in the movienote . Even the Musketeers lost what made them really awesome after the intro. I was screaming for him to kill D'Artagnan just so that there would be some legitimate drama.
- Running Gag: Bushbabies.note
- Salad/bread/pudding is for wimps and it gives you cancer!note
- No, Lokinote
- Self-Deprecation: Some of my humor comes from this.
- Series Continuity Error: I have stumbled into these with my Pacho & Jimmy comics sometimes, like accidentally switching two characters'note names for a good half a year. I lampshaded it and explained that they experimented with switching names and hypnotized everyone to do so. This caused Paranoia Fuel for the character it was explained tonote .
- Serious Business: If you want to discuss something with me that I know a lot about (Metal Gear Solid, Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Batman, Anime in general), be prepared to be destroyed with information. I also get worked up if people insult Pokémon, Zelda, MLP, or anime (among other things) without any real argument.
- Shrinking Violet: I may not look it at first, but I am shy.
- Sitcom Archnemesis: A friend of a Tumblr friend seems to have something against me. I was told I'm his archnemesis. I've embraced it.
- And it turned out to be a hoax created by a friend.
- And apparently he's all into my being his archnemesis now...
- Stick Figure Comic: I started out doing comics like this, mostly themed on video games like Resident Evil and Half-Life. The most prominent being a Super Smash Bros. themed one called Tales of Brawl: An Adventure Through Melee, that featured stick figure versions of Smash Bros characters finding out about Brawl. I only did one issue that was four pages, but it was fun to do.
- Socially-Awkward Hero: I'm willing to help people, but when it comes to social stuff.....yeah...and girls? Yeah...
- Sophisticated as Hell: Often in Joseph DeCreaux form, and when playing video games, often done during a Crowning Moment of Awesome or when I Take a Level in Badass. I like to say these when it's funny. Especially when it's funny.
- Stereotype Flip: I'm a born and raised Texan. No, I don't speak in a southern drawl, I do not own a horse, I don't wear a cowboy hatnote , and I have never been to a rodeo. I'm a rather meek guy who's rather geeky.
- Stop Being Stereotypical: I do not appreciate Texan stereotypes, as seen above. And those crazy "Fundamentalists" who bash gays and condemn everyone that's not them aren't real Christians. I'd rather not be grouped with them. You're supposed to speak in love, not hate. Hate the sin, not the sinner.
- The Teetotaler: After accidentally tasting beer at a young age, I don't look to try it again.
- The Quiet One: When I'm not jumping around and yelling, I'm this. Due to my shyness, if I'm not totally comfortable in my surroundings, or I don't have anything to say, I become this. Often borders on being stoic.
A Few of My Favorite Things
Things that I do not like
- Atlas Shrugged: I don't even have to read it to know it's just an Author Filibuster of Ayn Rand.
- Cars 2, unfortunately. An Actionized Sequel just doesn't strike the right cord. It wasn't bad, just not a good sequel to Cars
- Catcher In The Rye: The absolute worst thing I have ever had to read.
- Certain elements from Darker Than Black season 2, like maybe most everything.
- Brenda Johnson of The Closer. She's obnoxious, her Trademark Favorite Food comes across more as an addiction, she's a bitch to everyone, and she's always right. Everyone exists to make her look good. Major Crimes will be a better show just for not having her.
- Death Note: Dear God, how I hated this show. I needed help to even get through the first arc.
- District 9: I hate that movie. Good effects, but an unlikable protagonist, a Crapsack World taken to the extreme, and a lack of anything relating to good in the movie just made me cringe. Almost as bad as Catcher In The Rye.
- Facebook constantly changing. It's reached a point where you have to stop or you'll just piss everyone off.
- Franklin & Bash
- God of War: I can't stand how angry Kratos is and how pointlessly violent the series is. Yeah, you killed your own family, but you don't have to be a douche. You'll get no sympathy from me.
- How every time you see Narnia again, everyone you knew from the last book is dead.
- The International: Wow, that was a disjointed mess.
- James Cameron's Pocahontas With Giant Space Smurfs IN SPACE: Seriously, I don't know why some people (including my family!) love the movie. It has good special effects...and that's it. The story was painfully predictable, and it was a blatant ripoff of Pocahontas IN SPACE! Cameron's pot shot at gamers with saying that Sigourney Weaver smoking represented gamers addicted to video games was also not appreciated.
- James Cameron, while we're on it. I just don't like the guy. He's made some good movies, but I really just don't have a lot of respect for a guy that claims that Avatar was an original◊ story. And that bastard hogged the title "Avatar" for his movie, to the detriment of the Avatar series.
- Kid Kraddick in the Morning
- Lord of the Flies: Until the last two chapters, when it was more suspense-thriller. I will never forgive the author for killing Piggy.
- LOST: I wasted four years of my life watching that, only to find out that the writers didn't really care.
- Mass Effect 3's terrible ending. I'm ashamed Bioware.
- The last two minutes of Legend Of Korra. Very Deus ex Machina, very Mood Whiplash. And I hate Korra being with Mako. They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot by turning the Bittersweet Ending that showed the cost of war into a cheap Happy Ending just lessened the impact of Korra losing the ability to bend all of her bending except Air by just restoring it.
- [Prototype2]: How do you make a sequel to [Prototype]? You turn the Anti-Hero protagonist of the first game into the villain!!!
- Skyfall: Seriously. The worst Bond ever. Wacky disjointed plot, bad villain, sexism, and more!
- Nathan Drake
- One More Freaking Day
- People who say that Erika is a lesbian. The "evidence" is just Shipping Goggles in action. Just because Erika is nice to the other female gym leaders means nothing. I've read the script of those scenes. In one, she's trying to help a shy Jasmine get the confidence to go and do a Pokemon Contest. And for why men aren't allowed: It couldn't possibly have to do with that Dirty Old Man who's constantly staring inside, could it?
- Prometheus: That was a terrible movie. Being co-written by Damon Lindelof will do that.
- Puni Puni Poemy: Really, the only thing that I enjoyed about it was Nabeshin.
- Romeo and Juliet: Can no one think rationally?!
- Shipping Goggles. Especially Yuri Goggles. Some people just try too hard to find "evidence" for their ships. It's a case of people finding evidence to prove their theories rather than deriving theories from evidence. Marceline/Princess Bubblegum is a shining example.
- Some of the Harry Potter movies. Specifically: Goblet of Fire, Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows.
- The direction Metal Gear Solid took with Sons of Liberty.
- The ending of FLCL. So unsatisfying.
- The Last Airbender: M. Night Shyamalan, you have lost your movie privileges.
- The Tropers that police the Legend Of Korra YMMV page. Seriously. I haven't seen such ferocious people who won't take any criticism of Mako. They try to keep a YMMV page objective.
- VG Cats: Probably the least funny (and most vulgar) webcomic I have ever seen.
- Watchmen: WAAYYYYY too dark for me. I died inside when I watched the movie.
- Y'all got trolled by Gainax!◊
- YouTube and it's recent changes. It just pisses me off.
Happens quite a bit when I don't like what's happening in a show/game, or it's just ambiguous. Here are some notable ones:
- Code Geass: Euphemia and Shirley were actually turned into Cyborg Ninjas after their deaths. They then went on secret missions, Time Crisis style! Time Crisis: Area Eleven!
- Death Note:
- Avatar: The Last Airbender/Avatar: The Legend of Korra:
- The Duke is Lin Bei Fong's father.
- Given how Iroh treated Zuko and those children in The Tale of Iroh, just think of how he would treat Zuko's daughter. He would treat her like his own granddaughter and be the most awesome great uncle ever. Then you remember that she named her son Iroh. Iroh II is now a walking Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- The prosecutor at Yakone's trial is Bolin and Mako's grandmother. There is absolutely no evidence to this. Just an idea. As for why we never heard of her.... Yakone did break out of jail......
- Avatar: The Legend of Korra: As far as I'm concerned (and until season 2 gives us something better), the last several minutes of Endgame didn't happen. Everything after Aang tells Korra that she's unlocked her spiritual side didn't happen, and Mako realized he was becoming a douche and apologizes to Asami and reconciles with her, realizing that his brother Bolinnote is better for Korra and his feelings are merely platonic. Korra then spends the foreseeable future learning her spiritual side and eventually learning how to regain her ability to bend Water, Earth, and Fire and restore bending in others. And it was Bolin who went out to Korra instead of Mako, because he got shafted.
- Personally, I'd call season 1 "Book 1: Amon" and rewrite the last 5 episodes. Everything up to episode 7 was great. Amazing, even if the love triangle got in the way of telling the story. But after that, Korra lets Mako go. This ends the Love Triangle. At this point, Bolin is there to help Korra. I'd start with them growing closer as Mako gets shifted to the background and become The Lancer and Asami's boyfriend. I'd like to have him reveal what happened to him and Bolin after their parents died to Asami, and how they got into Pro Bending. I'd even like to see that he is terrified of his firebending since a firebender killed his parents. Everything would pretty much happen the same, with all the attention and scenes focused on Mako and Korra given to Bolin and Korra. That takes all of the romance drama out. When Korra is kidnapped, Tenzin is the one who gets intense about finding her, while Bolin is worried sick. Korra doesn't unlock all of the Yakone story. I'd rather her do it a little more slowly, using this time to get more in line with her spiritual side. It'd be nice if we saw Korra meditating more throughout episodes 2-7. If she got better glimpses throughout, it wouldn't be so sudden. After the rescue Tenzin carries her to Oogie, with Lin telling everyone to give her space, and Bolin takes care of Korra. She realizes that he really cares about her. Team Avatar would have some sort of bonding moment. Then we get to Amon's backstory. I like him being Tarrlok's brother, but he should have been a non-bender. His hatred of benders should have been from his father and Tarrlok's cruelty. His ability to remove bending should be Energybending, which he should have learned from a spiritnote . I'd like to see him use Energybending like Yakone and Tarrlok use Bloodbending. Amon would still remove Korra's bending, Korra wouldn't Airbend, instead activate the Avatar State, defeating Amon (who escapes and would be assumed dead) and destroying a good chunk of the building they're in. Amon would use this against her later against her. Everything else would still happen, and the Equalists would be defeated. Korra would go out to the cliff and cry, Aang pops up, and tells her that when we're at our lowest we're open up to the greatest change. He would give her hope by telling her that there is a way to get her bending back, but she's going to have to master her spiritual side and basically reconnect to the elements. Not like the other series, but she'd have to get used to not having bending. Bolin would come up to her and ask her who she's talking to. She'd then hug him, and they'd have a tender moment (not kiss, though. That would be saved for later). In season 2 she'd have to learn Airnote and gain the ability to give other people back their bending. Maybe the season finale. It would have been so much better that way.
- [Prototype]: I like to think that Alex spared Karen Parker. She really didn't want to betray him in the first place. She was strong-armed by Blackwatch. And given that Alex has had Character Development I think it would be nice for him not to eat her. Not to mention, what better way to help her get out than to pull a Faking the Dead by making everyone think she was nommed by Alex?.
- And let's just forget [Prototype2]. I don't like the idea of Alex Mercer as the bad guy. It goes against the Character Development that he got in the first game. It also destroys the interesting Anti-Hero from Prototype 1 by turning him into a Generic Doomsday Villain. Though his plan was actually pretty well thought out, I would have preferred him to use that plan to get rid of the virus rather than spread it. I think that would be more in line with what he did in the first game.
- Fire Emblem Tellius: Ike didn't kill the Black Knight in Radiant Dawn. He realized that his dad accepted a duel while he was wounded, and knew that since the Black Knight is ridiculously powerful, he would be helpful. The Black Knight then one-shots Ashera.
- Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core: Zack calls up Rufus to explain the whole Sephiroth situation. Rufus understands and gets Zack the proper support to take care of Sephiroth. :)
- Chrono Cross doesn't exist. Schala didn't merge with Lavos and was reunited with her brother.
- Hellsing Ultimate: Walter didn't betray Hellsing. He really tricked Millennium and killed The Major with his Razor Wire. Alucard and Anderson realized that fighting each other was pointless when London was BEING EATEN BY NAZI VAMPIRES, and fought Millennium. Also, Rip Van Winkle was spared instead of getting nommed by Alucard.
- Inception: I'm pretty sure that Cobbs in in the real world at the end. The top wobbled.
- Samurai Jack: If you ask me, Jack got back home in the first episode of season 2. All of the other episodes are just is adventures he is remembering.
- Adventure Time: Princess Bubblegum and Marceline are not romantically attracted to each other!! Goodness people, take off the Yuri Goggles.
- Marceline is over 1000 years old, so she'd naturally value friendships that she has. Something happened between Princess Bubblegum and Marceline a while ago and now they're not on the best of terms. But I'm sure it was not romantic.
- After seeing this picture◊ done by Rebecca Sugar, some Fridge Logic set in. Several years ago, Princess Bubblegum would have been much younger, maybe around Finn's age (or younger) when whatever happened between them happened. I'm guessing that their relationship was sisterly, kinda like how Twilight and Cadence were when Twilight was a filly. Something happened, and I think Marceline didn't realize what she did, but she pissed off Princess Bubblegum (or her family/the kingdom) so a rift grew between them.
- To be honest if there's any "proof" of it in season 5 I'm ignoring it since I dropped the show due to Seasonal Rot.
- Legend of Zelda: Stuff that I've thought for a long time.
- Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood: Fuhrer Grumman works things out so that Mustang and Hawkeye can be together after his ascension to power.
- Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within: Really, I feel that everyone's souls were returned to their bodies (at least the ones that were taken in the attack that General Hein caused). So we get Jane, Neil, Ryan, and Gray back after Gray's Heroic Sacrifice. I was seriously thinking this was going to happen, then the credits came up and I felt kinda empty.
- Metal Gear Solid: Everything after the first game is Fanon Discontinuity to me. After Shadow Moses Island, Snake and Meryl got together and lived together happily in Alaska. I told you I like happy endings.
- The Avengers: Until someone says otherwise Agent Coulson is still alive. Fury lied about it to get the Avengers to work together. He's been confirmed to be in other movies, but this is Joss Whedon we're talking about, so it's up in the air.
- Doctor Who: Ok. Amy and Rory don't DIE. That was lame, and a blatant Diabolus Ex Machina. In my own world, they decided to stop travelling with The Doctor after the Year of the Slow Invasion, and stayed in their normal lives.
- Wrath Of The Titans: Zeus didn't die. When Perseus gets Zeus away from Chronos, and to the army, he gets everyone to pray to Zeus, who regains enough strength to go kick butt with Hades.
- Cowboy Bebop: If you ask me Spike is still alive. As is Julia, who is able to survive the gunshot wound. He's able to get the crew back together after they split up. It's reasonable that he could have gotten to a hospital after his fight with Vicious. But now he has to deal with the triad....
- Resident Evil 5: Wesker didn't really die. The Wesker that was shot in the head with a rocket launcher was just a clone of him. The reason the clone was injecting himself with Uroboros was because he was unstable, and it drove him crazy. Spencer was full of crap when he gave Wesker's "true backstory." That's why he got a fist through the chest. The real Wesker is sitting comfortably in his chair watching all of the protagonists via satellite.
- Left 4 Dead: Bill doesn't die in a Heroic Sacrifice. He get's everyone out safe, then when everyone is morning him, he comes flying towards them Dual Wielding M16s while riding a flaming Tank screaming "YOU THINK THAT WOULD KILL ME? A FEW ZOMBIES?! I'VE BEEN THROUGH NAM!! THIS IS NOTHING!!"
- Metroid: Other M: Likewise, Adam didn't die in his Heroic Sacrifice. After Going into Sector Zero, and Samus is all like "NOOOO!! ADAM! NOOO!!" Adam bursts out of Sector Zero not wearing his helmet shooting any Metroids left and flying back to the Bottle Ship. Samus would be shocked, with Adam replying "You thought that I was going to die? It'll take more than that to kill me! Any objections, Lady? "
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Kamina didn't die. Simon and Kamina took care of Thymilph together. They discover Nia when practicing some moves, and Simon gets thrown too far. Things continue and Lordgenome is defeated. NIA IS NOT THE MESSANGER FOR THE ANTISPIRAL. Happy endings!
I have a rule about shipping. I really only like parings that make sense in context of the story or how they are portrayed. This doesn't mean that it needs to be canon, but it should at least have some evidence to back it up or at least have potential. Ships like Lelouch/Shirley
, and Link/Maronnote
are ones I support. Though I do have a few crackships. I don't hate anyone for shipping differently, and I don't hate characters for getting in the way
. It's a fun thing to do, and we should respect it, no matter how absurd it can getnote
- Code Geass: Lelouch/Shirley and Suzaku/Euphemia. I really relate to Shirley more than C.C. or Kallen. I really think that Lelouch and Shirley were the best couple. Heck, they even dated in the second season. Euphy/Suzaku was canon, but I really liked them together.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender/Avatar: The Legend of Korra:
- Personally, I ship The Duke/Toph, Smellerbee/Longshot, Jin/Zuko, and On Ji/Aang. And after The Promise part 2, I feel the need to say Suki/Sokka.
- Jin and Zuko is interesting since we only see her in Zuko's Tale in Tales of Ba Sing Se. She asks Zuko on a date, and Iroh accepts for him. It's incredibly awkward. It's also really cute. I like Mai, and Maiko, but I prefer Jin and Zuko.
- On Ji and Aang was also a one off thing from The Headband (one of my favorite episodes). She's just a normal, nice girl who happens to be from the Fire Nation. She obviously has a crush on Aang (going under the name Kuzon), and I feel is a better fit for Aang than Katara.
- The Duke and Toph is something I didn't think about at first. But they have some moments in "Day Of Black Sun Part I" and a hug in "Sozin's Comet Part IV: Avatar Aang," but it's shipping bait. It's really easy to see them together.
- And The Duke is Lin Bei Fong's father.
- I ship Bolin/Korra and Asami/Mako.
- There was a lot of crap that went on in The Legend of Korra, but the worst of it was the relationships. I really liked the date that Bolin took Korra on in "The Spirit of Competition" and felt that they had a lot in common. The show goes out of its way to show just how well they get along, only to throw it away. There were plenty of moments◊. Hopefully it will happen later on down the line.
- No matter what happened, I like Mako/Asami. Even though Mako was derailed after episode 4 ("A Voice In The Night"), he and Asami had a good relationship until he started becoming obsessed with Korra. If he never showed interest in Korra, then (like Bolin and Korra) they could have had a sweet relationship that could have been positive for both of them.
- Resident Evil: I like Jill/Chris. True Companions. Been together for years. Apparently it never occurred to them.
- Leon/Claire. I'm not a fan of Ada, and Claire happens to be my favorite character in the series. Leon and Claire just seem better together.
- Batman: Bruce and Zatanna. I really started liking this after the episode "Zatanna" of The Animated Series. I just like Zatanna a lot.
- The Spectacular Spider-Man: Peter/Gwen. It's so frustrating that Harry cockedblocked Peter by using Gwen's kindness to manipulate her into staying with him. Peter and Gwen should have gotten together, but now that the show's cancelled we may never find out what happens.
- Legend of Zelda:
- CLANNAD: Tomoya and Tomoyo Sakagami. Not because she's an Action Girl, but because she's so kind and motherly. The gray hair didn't hurt. I really liked her the most out of all the girls in Tomoya's harem. Yukine Miyazawa is a close second.
- Adventure Time: I like Princess Bubblegum/Finn. I wasn't a big fan of Flame Princess at first, but I've warmed up to her. I kinda like Flame Princess/Finn because their relationship is so sweet.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Kamina/Yoko. In my idealized version of the show, they can actually be together.
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Kyon/Haruhi. I know a lot of people like Yuki, but I'm not that big of a fan. And despite the fact that I really like Mikuru, her being a Time Traveler could cause some problems. Even if a lot of people see Haruhi as an unrepentant Jerkass, I think she's had some good Character Development and there's at least some basis for a relationship.
- Initial D: Iketani and Mako. Hardcore. It's so depressing that relationships don't work out in that show. They like each other, but due to Poor Communication Kills, he blew her off. Even though he realized his mistake and she still liked him, we don't get a resolution.
- Keisuke and Kyoko. Too bad he was too much of a jerk to actually accept her feelings. She chose him over racing, and in this show, that's pretty darn big. But nooooo. He wants to focus on racing.
- Itsuki and Kazumi. This is a case of Nice Guys Finish Last, since despite him always being nice to her, she still chooses her much older ex without a thought, right after saying she'd like to be with Itsuki. I think the writer of the manga didn't like romance.
- Sherlock: Sherlock and Irene. It's been a long time since I've shipped two characters so hard.
- Attack on Titan: I originally tried to not ship in this...but I ended up doing it anyway.
- Eren and Historia: This was a crackship that snuck up on me, and surprisingly ended up not being crack at all in later chapters.
- Levi and Hanji: This is probably one of the most obvious ships in the series. Their interactions are kind of adorable.
- Annie and Reiner: I started shipping them when I first saw episode 4 of the anime. I only started shipping them more later on haha.
- Bertholdt and Ymir: Another crackship until they allied together in later chapters. It may seem weird to ship Bertholdt and Ymir when Ymir has canon feelings towards Historia, but I just really love them.
- Mike and Nanaba:
- Sasha and Jean: For some reason I have magical shipping powers because any crack ship I had ended up not be
- Fire Emblem:
- Awakening: Oh boy I have a lot
- Frederick x Sumia. I love them so much. They're a very sweet couple. My favorite in the game.
- Cordelia x Stahl
- Chrom x Anna (with male Avatar)
- Chrom x Fem!Robin
- Video Game/Borderlands2: May0 (Zer0 and Maya). I played this game for five minutes and I shipped the hell out of them. This ship does things to me.
For the whole Subbing versus Dubbing
debate, I find the argument of "purists" rather elitist. There are good dubs, there are bad dubs, and here are a few of my favorites:
Favorite Game Stories