- Anything and everything that Dr. Weird ever says or does, but the moment most would nominate for the top spot is when he announces "GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD... CORN!"
- It manages to be just as hilarious the second time, too;
: GENTLEMEN! I BRING YOU... [shutter opens up]
MORE CORN! Steve
: Uh, gee, I dunno... I mean, after last time
— Dr. Weird:
THIS TIME SHALL BE DIFFERENT! [cackles] Steve:
Well, alright... I am getting hungry again— [corn launches at him and pins him to the wall] Dr. Weird: IT'S NOT DIFFERENT AT ALL, IS IT, STEVE?
- The second appearance of the Mooninites:
Dr. Weird: Gentleman... BEHOLD! [shutter opens, revealing a wall of amps] Are you ready to ROCK?
Steve: Y-yeah, I'm ready to ro—
Dr. Weird: THEN I'M GONNA BLOW YOUR HAIR TO THE BACK OF THIS AUDITORIUM! 1, 2, 3, 4! [starts shredding] THIS ONE IS CALLED "ROBOT AFFLICTION"!
Dr. Weird: *A snake is coiled around his neck* Steve...
Dr. Weird: Pick up that stick... Slowly... and carefully now... AGITATE THE HELL OUT OF THIS SNAKE!
Steve: Oh hell no!
Dr. Weird: HAHAHAHAHA! GENTLEMEN! BEHOLD! [doors open, Moth-Monster-man is revealed...] Moth-Monst-[and flies out through the rabbit hole] OH NO! MOTHMONSTERMAN NO! COME BACK!
Steve: He has escaped!
Dr. Weird: Yes. Through the hole! [slips and falls] MY BANANA!
- The entire live action episode is comic gold. There's something about seeing Meatwad as a faceless inanimate exercise ball that's really funny for some reason.
- Spacecataz. That is all.
- "Everything you say is boring."
- When the Plutonians begin their prank war with the Mooninites:
: Oh no, he did not do that! That dude back there just flipped me off
! [Back at the Mooninites' ship, Ignigknot is flashing an extra-large middle finger.] Err
: Did he see it? Ignigknot
: Oh yes he did. Oglethorpe
: Stop the ship! Emory
: Okay, but we're not supposed to stop it at this speed... Oglethorpe
: STOP IT AT THIS SPEED! [The ship comes to an abrupt halt, and they both crash through the window.] Err
: Oh man, that was so—oh man, he's backin' up! (beep)
IN FLY' HE'S BACKIN' UP! COME ON! Ignigknot
: No. (flashes a second extra-large middle finger)
We'll double his pleasure. Err
: Take TWO, muddamuchacos! Ignigknot
: And call us in the morning. Err
: Yeah, call us! We'll be drunk!
- Ignigknot doing roll call at the meeting for all the villains seen so far:
: Romulox...? Romulox
: Here I am, rock you like a hurricane
: Happy Time Harry...? [Happy Time Harry vomits.] Ignigknot
: Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future
...? Cybernetic Ghost
: [as smoke blows around him] Thousands of years ago, before Sigourney Weaver
: Just-just "here" will do fine. Cybernetic Ghost
: And NO SMOKING! [jumping up and down in place]
GIMME A SMOKE, GIMME A SMOKE, GIMME A SMOKE! Ignigknot
: Err, control yourself. Stick to the patch. Err
: [to the Ghost]
And you! Tell another story! Cybernetic Ghost
: [as smoke blows around him] Thousands of years ago, I survived the quickening... Err
: (breathing in)
Mmmm... smooth and menthol-y. Ignigknot
: Emory and Oglethorpe...? [awkward silence] Err
: Ha-HA! Ignigknot
: "...were not invited" is the correct end to that sentence. Err
: Put a period on that! Ignigknot
Plutonians are teh sucknote
- Dr. Weird interrupting the shot of South Jersey Island by popping in front of the screen and shouting "BULL SH[bleep]!"
- With Shake, Frylock and Meatwad out of their home, a handful of sirens move in. Two beautiful women... and John Kruk. (Which is even funnier not because he was on the '93 NL champion Phillies, but because he's a local demigod in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area). His attempts at "singing" are one of the funniest things seen on ATHF.
- And the sirens were Neko Case and Kelly Hogan, which is a Moment of Awesome for indie rock/alt country fans.
- If you think that's funny, you should see Carl's attempts at "dancing". The Sirens' and John Kruk's reactions seal the deal.
Sirens: [Singing] ~We do not like it...~
John Kruk: [Moves toward Carl] ...That kinda means they don't like it, Carl.
- At the end of one episode, Frylock buys a new television after spending the whole episode talking about how TV is bad for you, resulting in this gem.
Meatward: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: Oh it is... but we f*** ing need it!
- The end of "Dumber Days" when Meatwad is brought down to normal... while he was in the middle of giving out "Flying Car Rides" (with Carl's car), making the car land on Carl's roof.
Carl: [sarcastic laughter] Oh, do not tell me THAT IS MY CAR UP THERE ON THE ROOF!
Meatwad: ...okay, we won't.
Carl: Get it down—
Carl: Wait, don't get it down—[Carl's car lands with a loud crash, totaled in the process] DAMN IT!
- Pretty much the entirety of "Super Spore".
- This classic gem after Frylock sends Travis of the Cosmos to timeout for swearing:
- When Meatwad gets into the medicine cabinet in the "Robositter" episode. Not only does he turn into a flower and speak like some kind of guru, but when Meatwad's trip goes bad... well, his image of Frylock is something that must be seen to be believed.
- In the episode where Meatwad gets the ability to see the future, he has a vision in which Frylock walks out the door and suddenly explodes. Frylock decides to go outside to prove Meatwad wrong. Cue an explosion from outside. Frylock suddenly comes back in and says, in a perfectly deadpan voice:
"The... dog blew up again."
- The entirety of "Multiple Meat".
- Especially "3 Million Bottles of Beer on the Wall":
: Wait, I got mixed up. Start over!
- And when they finally finish the song after 27 years:
Meatwad #1: Hehehe, that was fun!
Meatwad #2: Yep, that was fun!
Meatwad #3: That was fun.
Meatwad #4: Well now what do we do?
Meatwad #1: I suppose we can sit here and get to know each other. Or we could sing that song one more cotton-picking time!
- "Grab my potatoes, Carl"
- The ending of "Juggalo" with the court scene, particularly the Insane Clown Posse saying they work for the community and that they spit fire.
- "Global Grilling". Shake buys a new barbecue grill—the Char-Nobyl 6000. It uses radioactive material to cook, and even on Super-Low it's enough to cause a global environmental disaster (it's not even supposed to be in the country; even Carl's shoulder hair and the clouds catch fire). The next day, the grill has scorched the entire neighborhood. Meatwad throws a pan out the front door, which promptly explodes.
- Master Shake goes completely Drunk with Power when he steals Frylock's contact lenses in "Laser Lenses". A list of grievances include:
- Repeatedly mouthing off to (and then blasting) Carl.
- Forcing Carl to order him Chinese take-out, and then blasting him when he whimsically changes his order.
- And in the process burned down his house and scorched his lawn into a charred wreck.
- Terry's "cosmetic surgery" at the end of the episode (to replace Frylock's bad surgery, he ends up giving him eye-tits).
- This exchange between Dr. Weird and Steve:
Hey, I'm back from lunch— Dr. Weird
: WHERE'S MINE?! [Beat] Steve
: Um... I thought you said you don't like to eat, cause, you said food makes you really... [Dr. Weird rips his brain out from the back of his head]
...uh...crazy? Dr. Weird
MAKES ME REALLY CRAZY! [collapses, dead; brain starts floating] Dr. Weird's Brain
: Gimme some fries, boy! [Dr. Weird's brain chases Steve, shooting lasers at him]
- This exchange:
: YES, TERRY! MINE FOR BRAINS! UWAHAHAHAHAHA! Steve
: Hey, uh... who was that on the phone? Dr. Weird
: Um, no one... er
—HEY! LET'S [produces massive needle] HIGHLIGHT YOUR HAIR! Steve
: But I like my hair this color— [Steve gets jabbed in the neck with the needle and immediately collapses] Dr. Weird
: IT BEGINS!
- A little Carnivore Confusion... well, a lot of Carnivore Confusion:
: [talking on a phone]
Uh, yeah. Uh, six inch on wheat, no mayo... uh, hang on. Uh, Dr. Weird? Dr. Weird
: [with his hand behind his back]
MY ASS HAS FINALLY DECIDED TO EAT MY HAND! (sharp convulsion)
IT HUNGERS... FOR MORE! [Dr. Weird's entire body gets sucked in until there's nothing left but a small ball of flesh with a piece of Dr. Weird's muumuu sticking out.] Steve
: [completely unfazed]
Uh, yeah; just the one hoagie.
- LOOK AT THIS UNIT! [strips, revealing a body you would find on a Ken doll]
- "Yeah, I wrote that. It's called 'I Wanna Rock Your Body'... and then in parentheses it says 'To The Break Of Dawn'."
- A whole lot from "Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future":
- Child-Carl's Christmas gift. Which is a piece of carpet. Which is also his dinner.
- Also Child-Carl is only a little less bald than adult Carl and already has his pot belly and wife beater.
- That Carl's house was built upon elfin graves, hence why his pool was filled with elfin blood.
- "Wait, who unionized?" "Wouldn't you like to know? Probably your mama!"
- Also: "You must give of yourself to the Great Red Ape." "Okay, how much?" "Sexually."
Frylock: You don't need to go Carl! You could do that....other thing...
Carl: Yeah, no thanks Fryman. I'm not gonna get humped by a red gorilla in space.
- Cybernetic Ghost hiding from Danzig and his sprinklers of blood.
- In "Rubberman", the flashback when Carl got nipped in the stones by a killer whale.
- An Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 example: all of the "Lasagna" episode, which Dave himself said is the closest thing to Looney Tunes as possible.
- The ending of "Moon Master", with Err trying to face the Gorgatron.
Ignignokt: He said no, Err. With his foot.
- The culmination of the f-bombs running gag in "Total Re-Carl":
- "Here ya go, Shawn Cassidy."
- The look on Shake's face when he sees Carl's head attached to the body of an old black guy.
- The Mooninites' completely opposing reactions to seeing Frylock's Eye Beams for the first time.
Ignignokt: What was that?
Err: Whoa, did those just come out of your eyes?
Ignignokt: They're primitive.
Err: Damn, those are fast, man.
Ignignokt: We are not impressed.
Err: Hey, wasn't that cool?
- The whole of the episode Gee-whiz - from the moment that they start to explain Standards and Practices until Ted Nugent comes out wearing a badger and everything before, after and in-between.
Ted Nugent: It is I, Ted Nugent, and if any of you don't got a gun, a knife, handkerchief, and a Chap-Stick, get the f[GUITAR RIFF]k outta here!
- From earlier in the same episode, the Sound Effect Bleep resulting from said Standards And Practices. When Meatwad is supposedly "pregnant", at one point he launches into a foul-mouthed rant:
Meatwad: Oh boy, I apologise. My hormones are going nuts! Now please, if you would, get the [ELEPHANT TRUMPET] out of my way. I mean, how many times do I gotta [ALARM BELL] write ice cream on this [SQUEAK] list, before someone gets his [HORSE WHINNY] in gear, and brings home the [OWL HOOT] ice cream! Maybe I should get a steak knife and etch it in your mother[CORK POP] forehead! How hard can it [SQUEAK] be? Ice mother[FLOOR TOM] cream! I guess that's the price I pay for living with two [DIAL TONE] morons!
- This exchange in "Super Computer" when Shake accuses Frylock of being a witch when Frylock's new supercomputer vanishes into thin air:
I had to suspend the RAM in a colloidal fluid, (etc...)
Shake: Because you're a witch and you made it disappear with your evil magic!
Meatwad: He's a witch?!
Frylock: *deadpan* I'm not a witch.
Shake: Oh yeah!
Frylock: I'm not a witch!
Shake: Don't look at him wrong, he'll shrink your head to the size of a pea, I've seen it!
Frylock: Look, the hard drive spun so fast, it send the computer back in time.
Shake: To the time of witches, where you once lived! Bring forth the stakes! You shall burn for your beliefs, WITCH! *the door buzzer rings* My pizza's here! Pizza time pizza time pizza time!... *hops out of the room, still duct-taped to the chair*
Meatwad: It's all startin' to add up now, isn't it? The levitation. The eeevil book readin'. Dem cream cookies you always eatin'...you a damn witch!
Frylock: Oh yeah? Well whatcha you gonna do about it?
Meatwad: Eat pizza. Pizza time pizza time pizza time!... *exit*
- Shake tells Meatwad Oog is his dad.
Shake: Hey Meatwad, your dad's here! He wants to make amends!
Meatwad: That ain't my daddie.
Shake: Sure he is. I asked "are you Meatwad's dad?", he said "How'd you know? Yes I am."
- In one episode Frylock makes a ray that can shrink or grow anything to any size. Carl wants to use it on his dick. At the end, he finally does.
: Hello ladies, I'd like to introduce you to my little friend there, Goliath
. We had to order special elastic pants for him on the internet.
- Meatwad gains internet fame after a video of him vomiting while performing a song called "Chicken and Beans". He goes on tour and the fame, predictably, goes to his head:
Meatwad You know what? Screw chicken and beans! I'm done with that. I ain't a dancing robot, I'm an artist and I need to create! You're all just beasts and animals shaking the bars of the cages in my zoo! And I am a magic unicorn astride a golden stalion picked up by two giant bronze grizzly bears! Now, Charity, Chastity; get over here and blow me before I go onstage. I have to lose 3 ounces so I can rock these leather chaps right proppa!
- The scenes from the episode "The Marines" when Frylock goes to Canada to avoid the Marines after Meatwad enlists them all and winds up in a barn with "Canada" written in paint on the side with a Jigsaw-esque puppet on a television screen.
Frylock: [Wakes with Saw's Reverse Bear Trap on his face] Where am I?!
Puppet: Welcome to Canada, Frylock. The key to the trap on your head is implanted in your skull, just behind your right eye. On the table in front of you is a grapefruit and grapefruit spoon. Do the math.
Frylock: Wait, wait, wait, wait! What's the grapefruit for?!
I'm not sure actually, I forgot. You think you could maybe... grab your jaw and just sort of rip your head open? I want to see inside there... RIP YOUR HEAD OPEN!
Puppet: Are you enjoying our little game?
Frylock: Yeah, it's over. I just took it off.
Puppet: You have sixty seconds... wait, what are you talking about?
Frylock: I just took it off. Here it is. See, right here.
Puppet: Oh wow, shoot.
Frylock: It was only a twist tie.
Puppet: From my whole wheat bread loaf! You found it! Bring it to me. You have sixty seconds..
Frylock: Where are you?
Puppet: I don't know! I'm a doll.
Frylock: Well hell, you must be somewhere. There's a camera on you.
Puppet: There's a camera on me? For real? What do I look like? [Holds pocket mirror to his face] Am I pretty?
Frylock: Is this all y'all do up in Canada?
Puppet: We speak French... sometimes. Pretty much this though.
Frylock: Look, I'm going back to the United States, okay?
Puppet: Wait, um, uh, why don't you jam that grapefruit spoon in your eye. Is that cool?
Frylock: Let me think about that. Umm, no.
Puppet: Come on, man. Don't be a dick. Do it..or else!
Frylock: Or else what?
Puppet: [Grapefruit catches on fire] Or else that! See what that did? What if you were eating that when that happened. ...nightmare!
Frylock: I am out of here.
Puppet: Wait... that key's still in your head.
Frylock: No it's not.
Puppet: Dammit! Just hack your foot off! Wait, Frylock! C'mon, don't go. We have universal health care here. It's free if you're a citizen.
Frylock: Nope. No thanks.
Puppet: C'mon man, hang out. I'm lonely.
- And then there's a follow-up scene near the end with Meatwad.
Meatwad: What's in here?
Frylock: Why don't you go find out?
Meatwad: Okay. I'll do anything. [Enters barn]
Puppet: Wanna play a game?
Meatwad: No thank you. [Exits]
Puppet: Wait! Wait! Don't go, don't go! Come on, man! I've got all the Rush records. Come on, man. Please! Just come hang out with me! [In a defeated tone] Damn...
- The episode "The Creditor" is just one long Crosses the Line Twice moment of funny.
- Three words: Count. The. Bullets.
- In "The Cloning" when the Aqua Teens' most recently-cloned TV is going through Clone Degeneration:
Meatwad: Something's wrong with that TV.
Frylock: There's nothing wrong with that TV.
(TV starts gushing blood)
Frylock: Okay, something's wrong with it.
- In "Mooninites 3: Remooned", the Moonintes come to Earth to cash a giant check that Ignigknot stole from his uncle Cliff. The first place they try to cash it at is a gas station. Naturally, things don't go as planned.
Shake: What do you mean, no?! Don't you know how much this is for?! Because I do not!
Cashier: Look, uh, we don't cash checks here.
Shake: And we don't respond to threats. I'll say it one more time in a little language I like to call English. Or maybe I should say it in Mehicano? Get back dero and casho the checko, amigo. Andale! Andale!
Ignigknot: He's not responding, cup. Lay into him more.
Err: (outside) Hey, lay into him some more!
Ignigknot: I've got this, Err!
Cashier: That thing there is your check?
Shake: Yes, that's the check.
Cashier: Well, we don't cash 'em.
Shake: Oh, you've never seen a check before? Oh, me so sorry. Uh, maybe you're in the wrong business. And maybe immigration would like to know about this?
Cashier: Good, cause you know what? I'm American.
Shake: Well I'm not. But when I become one, maybe I'll legally buy a weapon, and we won't have to vote you out of office. Will we, scumbag?!
(Shake and Ignigknot are kicked out of the store)
Shake: You know they sneak in, and then they try to rule us. (through the window at the cashier) Well I'm gonna sneak into your country, and do this job there, AND THEN NOT CASH ANY OF YOUR FRIGGIN CHECKS! How will you like that?! You won't! Because you'll be here!
Ignigknot: Your logic is flawless.
And as you can see, that's my proper identification. It all checks out.
You will notice a difference in height. That's because I'm an organ donor, had to have my body removed last year and donated. I certainly hope you don't discriminate here. Cashier:
Uh, no, Mr.... Meatwad:
It doesn't say that on here. Meatwad:
What's it say? Cashier:
Yeah, that's his ID. Err:
What are you doing?! What's taking so long?! God! beat Meatwad:
So I'll be taking my money, now. Cashier:
Well you know what? It doesn't even matter. I don't even cash checks here. Definitely not that one. Err: Lay! Into! Him! Meatwad: (looking at penny tray)
Hey, quick question. Is them pennies? Cashier:
And y'all just givin' 'em out? How much this gum? (outside, with Meatwad blow a bubble with his gum) Shake:
What happened? Did he buy it? Meatwad:
I bought me some gum. Shake and Ignigknot:
Where did you get gum? Meatwad:
In there. In the gum aisle. Err:
what we sent you in there for! Meatwad:
But that's what I come out with. Ignigknot:
Tell me, were there weenie wraps? Meatwad:
Microwaveable, but weenie wraps nonetheless. Ignigknot:
Weenie wraps intrigue me. Meatwad:
They had burger drops- Err:
Burger drops? (jumps through the window; laser blasts can be heard coming from inside) Meatwad:
And burrito cakes. Shake:
I thought they stopped making those. Meatwad:
And pizza balls. Shake:
Pizza balls! Ignigknot:
Were there little turkey muffins? Meatwad:
They had little, regular, and mega. Ignigknot:
Seize all pennies at once! Purchase all pizza balls and me-(Err jumps back out the window, with several stolen food items in his arms)
Oh. There you are. Err: (hands one of his armfulls to Ignigknot)
Can you take this? We better go.
Frylock: In fact, this is not a check at all, Shake. This is a bill! For homecare.
Shake: Impossible. That's not a bill.
Frylock: (looking at the bill) Uh, Cliff. Does anybody know a Cliff?
Ignigknot: (walking onscreen) Yes. My name is Cliff. And that is not a bill. Tell him, Err.
Err: That's a bill.
Ignigknot: A bi-(angry face) Why are we trying to cash a bill, Err?
Err: Hell, I dunno. It's your uncle. I kept telling you on the way down here.
Ignigknot: It is my uncle. Don't you forget it.
Err: On the way down, I kept saying "This is a bill." Just figured you knew something I didn't.
Ignigknot: I did know something I didn't. But it wasn't that.
- The scene in "Balloonenstein" where Shake tricks Meatwad into getting in the dryer.
Shake: Meatwad, it's spaghetti time! Oh boy, spaghetti!
Meatwad: All right, spaghetti! Now that's Italian!
Shake: There it is, eat it! (cuts to some cords)
Meatwad: That doesn't look like any spaghetti I know.
(Shake adds dinner plates and silverware underneath the cords)
Shake: There, now it's spaghetti.
Meatwad: You're messin' with me, aren't you?!
Shake: You're right, I'm sorry. The real spaghetti got wet when I was boiling it so... it's in the dryer!
Meatwad: Why didnít you say so! It's probably dry by now, let's go get it. (hops in the dryer) Now remember, I like it spicy!
Shake: (laughs as he turns the dryer on) So stupid!
Meatwad: Hey, wait a second! Why's it spinnin'?
Schoolly D: (narrating) Come on, think about it, Meatwad. It's a dryer, man. Of course it's gonna spin.
- Anything Carl says about his gun.
Oh, I'll give you a magazine, there buddy. Hey, it's full of hollow points. You're gonna love it when I put those in a gun, and then put 'em in your brain!
- Master Shake turning black and trying out his new "complicated handshake."
- "We are not establishing a democracy in this house! This is a dictatorship! And I rule with an iron dick!"
- "Yeah, I'm in the business. The business of kickin' your ass. And lemme tell ya, business is boomin'."
- The banned episode, "Boston", as a whole can be considered as one, but seeing the Mooninites dressed up as terrorists at the end drives it home.
- "The The": With Frylock gone, the house becomes a disgusting pigsty, and both Shake and Meatwad get pinkeye from the unsanitary living conditions. At one point, Shake and Meatwad are batting around raw chickens. Shake defends it:
Shake: Chickens are a vital link in nature's chain, and that's why we use them to play chickenball in the house!
- In the same episode, Ignigknot and Urr crashing Frylock's new apartment and spray painting all over everything while chanting "VAGALAZINO!"