open/close all folders
Voiced by: Shiori MikamiThe protagonist... sort of. Thirteen-year-old Akari is just starting her first year of middle school, and she's excited to be reunited with her older friends Kyouko and Yui. She wastes no time joining her sempais in their "Amusement Club," and after that Hilarity Ensues — often at her expense.
- Alliterative Name: In two syllables, even — Akari Akaza.
- Blank White Eyes: Started developing these after a firsthand experience of Chinatsu's... "works of art".
- Butt-Monkey: It seems the whole world is against the poor girl.
- Crazy-Prepared: Shown to carry band-aids, chopsticks, tissues etc. on her at all times.
- Decoy Protagonist: Billed as the "main" character as early as Season 1 Episode 1, then her prominence waned with each passing episode. Of course, even that is Played for Laughs.
- Even the Girls Want Her: In the first part of Season 2 Episode 1, all the main girls keep vying for Akari's attention, and the other Amusement Club members even confess their love to her. Unfortunately for Akari, it was All Just a Dream.
- Expressive Hair: Her odango buns pop off and reattach when she's surprised.
- Friend to All Living Things: In Season 2 Episode 12, she starts crying when she thought she trampled a snake (actually a stuffed toy Kyouko brought to the club as a prank), and asks Kyouko to deal with a cicada that flies into her room cause she herself doesn't want to hurt it. Safe to say she qualifies for this trope.
- The Generic Girl: Even her best friends say that her most remarkable trait is being unremarkable. In Season 1 Episode 11, when Kyouko had a temporary personality change, Akari herself actually noticed her lack of presence is indeed her only special point.
- Genki Girl: Of the two freshmen in the club, Akari stands out for her childlike energy... which doesn't do much to improve her social presence.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Most notably the missing ones with the big smiling crab on them.
- Hair Intakes: Has two intakes in her hair that kind of look like cat ears.
- Homoerotic Dream: Doesn't get much Ship Tease and seems to be Oblivious to Love until the season 2 premier in which she dreams of being The Casanova and getting with all of her friends.
- Idiot Hair: She has a medium-sized one.
- Love You and Everybody: Being rather child-like in her speech and demeanor, she has no problem telling someone like Yui◊ that she loves her, in the same way she loves her sister, baths, and lightly-salted potato chips.
- Nice Girl: When her clubmates point out that she is fading into the background, this is the only characteristic any of them can think of. In Season 2 Episode 12 Kyouko and Chinatsu describes her kindness (even unto animals) as being so bright is dazzles them.
- Not a Morning Person: Starts the series oversleeping. By the Season 1 finale, she's the only one still in bed by the time everyone's brushing their teeth.
- Oblivious to Love: Couldn't catch onto Chinatsu's feelings for Yui at first, to the point that she wonders whether it has become normal for girls to want to kiss each other. Afterwards, though, she seems much more aware of how Chinatsu feels about Yui.
- Odango Hair: In one dream sequence she refers to it as her one and only distinguishing characteristic, and from then on it's Exaggerated greatly, such as when she puts on a round costume that should cover her entire body, but her odango hair can still be somehow seen from the outside. Another sequence even implies they are her life source.
- Out of Focus: Her Running Gag.
- Signature Laugh: Tends to go "Ehehe~", especially after being praised or patted.
- Third-Person Person: Fitting as she is rather childish.
- Unsound Effect: "\Akkari~n/", the sound of a person turning invisible from sheer lack of presence.
- Verbal Tic: A temporary one in Season 2 Episode 6.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of cicadas and mosquitoes, though she still won't hurt them.
Voiced by: Yuka OotsuboFourteen-year-old Kyouko is an easygoing otaku with a crush on Chinatsu and is a constant annoyance to her best friend Yui. Despite her laziness, she proves to be a cram test top-scorer and is also a doujin artist.
- Always Someone Better: How Ayano sees her, which fuels her one-sided rivalry.
- Big Eater: So much so in Season 2 Episode 9 she impulsively eats a bag of bread Yui baked for the freshmen while they are studying, and in Season 2 Episode 12's School Play even her Snow White character got Flanderized into an Extreme Omnivore eating cardboard flowers.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Mirakurun's "Kyupi~n".
- Brilliant, but Lazy:
- Kyouko can get good grades by only studying one night before the exams. She’s just too lazy to do it often.
- Kyouko’s also notably proficient at art and craftwork. She's able to make her cosplay outfits, draws well enough to make her own doujin manga (and sell it), and even makes actual anime out of it, all by herself. And if one looks closely, every time the Amusement Club takes on something of the sort (for example, modeling with clay or baking pancakes in a playful artistic way) her results are ridiculously good compared to the other girls. This has been lampshaded a handful times by Yui and Chinatsu, who think she should channel her talent to more useful things than her otaku hobbies or pranks.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: How Kyouko can ace tests with just a night's study is a neverending source of frustration for Ayano.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: To the point that she makes costumes for Yui, Ayano, and Chitose when she drags to Comuket in Season 1 Episode 5.
- Fangirl: Of Mirakurun.
- Fragile Flower: When she was younger she was very shy and prone to cry a lot.
- The Gadfly/The Prankster: The biggest one in the Club. It's to the point Kyouko might look like a Cloudcuckoolander at first, saying and doing the most random things and creating gags out of nowhere, but those close to her know it's actually her sense of humor and her fondness for friendly picking on people.
- Genki Girl: The biggest one among the members of the Amusement Club.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Without the heterosexual part, with Yui.
- The Leader: By default, to the entire Amusement Club, on account of her frequently leading her clubmates into all sorts of hijinks.
- Otaku Surrogate: She's a diehard Mirakurun fangirl, and is even a doujin writer as well as a Comuket regular.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Strongly leaning towards Chinatsu, on account of the latter resembling Mirakurun.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Yui's Tomboy.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Häagen-Dazs's Rum Raisin ice cream.
- Unknown Rival: To Ayano.
Voiced by: Minami TsudaFourteen-year-old Yui is Akari's childhood friend, as well as the club's sole voice of reason.
- Boyish Short Hair: And it has always been such since childhood.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: For Kyouko.
- Cool Big Sis: She's this to her clubmates, especially for Kyouko during their preschool days, and to her little cousin, Mari.
- Corpsing: Her reaction to Ayano's puns, as well as having to play the Prince Charming in Season 2 Episode 12's Snow White School Play.
- Cry Cute: Even the cool-headed Yui breaks down in Season 1 Episode 11 as she tries to convince Kyouko, who had a drastic personality change after bumping her head on a flight of stairs, not to disband their club.
- Deadpan Snarker: She almost always has something to say regarding the general wackiness around her. It was even lampshaded in Season 2's School Play, where she played the part of the Retorting Elf.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Upon entering grade school, as a means of making herself look tougher for the sake of Kyouko.
- Gamer Chick: Likes to play RPGs in particular.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X": There's nothing remotely erotic about Ayano's puns, but Yui... boy, will she crack up at the slightest hint of it.
- And according to Season 3, it goes both ways, as Ayano also laughs herself to tears at Yui's puns (and much like Ayano most of the time, Yui also doesn't quite realize that Ayano is laughing at them).
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Without the heterosexual part, with Kyouko
- I Just Want to Have Friends: The reason she joins the Amusement Club in the first place.
- Minor Living Alone: Yui's parents are alive and well, but she lives by herself. Justified in that a relative owns said complex and is presumably keeping an eye on her.
- Morality Pet: A self-appointed one for Kyouko to keep her from going wild on her fantasies.
- Not So Above It All: Usually stoic, but Ayano's puns make her crack up on spot.
- Only Sane Girl: For the most part.
- The Reliable One: Acts as the voice of reason of the group, and pretty much in charge of keeping Kyouko from going too far, as well as reminding her of matters that fly over the latter's head, like doing her homework.
- The Stoic: Most of the time. She even has an impeccable poker face when playing card games.
- Tomboy: As a kid. As shown in one episode, she still has trouble speaking in a "feminine" style.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to Kyouko's Girly Girl.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: In her younger years.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Yui already lives on her own and is one of the most level-headed characters of the series, acting as the Only Sane Man to the Amusement Club and the Straight Man to most of Kyouko's antics. Her younger cousin (who seems to be a rather minor and comedic version of this trope herself) sees her as dependable and greatly looks up to her.
Voiced by: Rumi OokuboThirteen-year-old Chinatsu originally wanted to go to Tea Club, but ended up in the Amusement Club after the former was disbanded. To her chagrin, her uncanny resemblance to Mirakurun makes her a frequent target of Kyouko's cosplay pursuits.
- Big "NO!": Her reaction in Season 2 Episode 12's Snow White School Play after Prince Charming (Yui) accidentally kisses Snow White (Kyouko) for real — all because the former was trying to evade Akari being thrown by Chinatsu into their direction to keep them from doing it for real in the first place.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Downplayed. She's not that bad, but neither is she as innocent and sweet as she first appears (except where Yui is concerned).
- Bratty Half-Pint: Used to be one as a preschooler.
- Broken Pedestal: How she appears to some of the younger kids seeing her cosplay as Mirakurun. Or rather, whenever she breaks character while still in costume. A particularly tragic yet hilarious example occurs in Season 2 Episode 6, when she screws up her line and pose. The shocked look on the little girl's face says it all. Later, Chinatsu starts scratching her back with the wand, and the little girl and her mother see it from a distance. Both have Dull Eyes of Unhappiness, and the little girl says "life is bitter". Her mom agrees.
- Celebrity Resemblance: Chinatsu is a dead ringer for Mirakurun, much to Kyouko's delight and her dismay.
- Character Development: While she's still very much in love with Yui, her Yandere side has mellowed down considerably in Season 3, namely her animosity towards Kyouko (due to the latter being a Abhorrent Admirer at times plus being Yui's close friend) and most of her pushiness towards Akari. Since Chinatsu was the last member to join to the Amusement Club as well as the only one who wasn't a childhood friend with the others, and that by the anime's last season all four girls are now very close, it's likely that interacting with the others softened much of her more psycho side.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Her chocolates are so horrible looking they had to be censored out. Ironically, they'd actually taste better were she not trying too hard.
- Cute and Psycho: There's quite a lot of weirdness going on in her head and behind her childish looks, and it reflects on both her twisted facial expressions and her creations.
- Cute Little Fangs: When she's being mischievous.
- Forgotten Friend, New Foe: Inverted — She doesn't remember being the bully who got into an altercation with Yui, Kyouko and Akari as kids.
- Girlish Pigtails: Though their size has them border on Mega Twintails.
- Green Eyes
- Hammerspace: Her pigtails can apparently suck in any small object that happens to fall into it.Yui: (thinking) Is her hair connected to the fourth dimension?
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Just... about anything she makes. From her drawings to her clay sculptures, and even mufflers and chocolates. They are so horrifying some had to be even censored out. Even scenes where her pigtails absorb any object falling into them are accompanied with a blood-curdling scream.
- Oblivious to Her Own Description: In Season 1 Episode 11 Chinatsu is fuming over a kid who used to bully Akari, Kyouko and Yui... even as Akari looks back at one of their childhood pictures and realizes it was Chinatsu all along.
- Phrase Catcher: Her unenthusiastic Mirakurun cosplay will inevitably cause children to remark "Life is sour."
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Subverted. She does has genuine moments of this, though, usually shown in her interactions with her first-year classmates.
- Sempai/Kohai/Single-Target Sexuality: With Yui.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Whenever Yui is involved.
- Terrible Artist: And she is so terrible her art goes straight over the fine line between "bad" and "In-Universe Nightmare Fuel".
- Yandere: She's a stereotypical one. While she comes off as very dere toward Yui, she's psychotic inside. She even basically rapes Akari for her first kiss.
Nanamori Middle School Student Council
Voiced by: Saki FujitaFourteen-year-old Student Council Vice-President, master of place-name puns, and a tsundere par excellence regarding Kyouko, whom she resents for consistently topping her on tests even with several days' worth of study. Despite several side-by-side appearances with Yui to show their similarity, she is the perfect anti-tsukkomi when it comes to Kyouko.
- Always Second Best: To Kyouko. She doesn't take it well.
- Butt-Monkey: Whenever Kyouko is around. She also tends to be a downplayed version of this in the Student Council, mostly targeted unintentionally by Sakurako, who even has Running Gag of stealing Ayano's food and in one episode spends an entire day following and trying to be like her, leaving the poor girl stressed out of her mind.
- Characterization Marches On:
- Ayano was initially introduced as a one-sided rival to Kyouko who also happened to be Tsundere for her, with her very first appearance consisting of her challenging Kyouko to a showdown of school exam grades, along with implying that Ayano felt a tad inferior to Kyouko due to being Always Second Best. While Ayano kept on being a Tsundere to the point that it's one of her most recognizable character tracts, the "rivalry" thing faded pretty soon, as did her apparent inferiority complex; later it's established that Ayano's awkwardly bossy interactions with Kyouko come from her not knowing how to be close to her despite liking her, rather than because Kyouko is her rival or anything of the sort.
- Ayano also slaps Chitose in the face quite a few times in her first episode, something she never does again in the subsequent ones.
- Cry Cute: Played for Laughs at the scene in Season 2 Episode 12's Snow White School Play where she, one of the Seven Elves, seems to be the only one genuinely mourning the dead Snow White (played by an obviously sleeping Kyouko); even Chitose wonders if, at this stage, Ayano is still just acting.
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Full-Name Basis:"Toshinou Kyouko!!!"
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Studies day and night ahead of exams... and Kyouko still tops her with barely a single night's study. Later Subverted when she studies hard and achieves first in her finals.
- Pungeon Master: Constantly spouts puns based on place names, most of which only make sense in Japanese. It's implied she sometimes does them without even noticing. Yui is the only one who finds them funny.
- Purple Eyes
- Student Council Vice President
- Those Two Girls: With Chitose.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Trademark Favorite Food: Crème caramels.
- Tsundere: A strong harsh type for TOSHINOU KYOUKO!! Her role as one of the Seven Dwarves (or Elves) in the Snow White School Play is even subtitled "Tsundere Elf" by Nishigaki-sensei. Ayano is usually polite and reserved to everyone else other than Kyouko. Both Kyouko and Chitose even state she's a shy and awkward person with people she doesn't know well, though not distant. She definitely has a strong deredere side; Kyouko just manages to trigger both her Tsun and Dere sides at the same time.
- You Gotta Have Reddish-Purple Hair
Voiced by: Aki ToyosakiFourteen-year-old member of the Student Council who is always seen together with Ayano. While she generally comes of as a rather sweet kid, that belies a rather perverted mind.
- Audience Surrogate: A major Yuri Fan, just like the series' target audience.
- Covert Pervert: When she has her glasses on, she looks just like a soft-spoken, bespectacled sweetie. When she takes them off, you can drop the "covert" part.
- She also likes being slapped by Ayano.
- Although when Akari asks her, why she gets those nosebleeds, Chitose finds out that she cannot actually explain herself.
- The Glasses Come Off: ...And once they do, the yuri goggles come on.
- Intoxication Ensues: Becomes a hyper kissing monster after eating chocolate.
- Kansai Regional Accent
- Kissing Under the Influence: See Intoxication Ensues above.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Only Akane can match her rather dirty mind.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: There are times when Chitose isn't present at a yuri situation, which doesn't prevent her from realizing that "something wonderful is happening".
- Nosebleed: Pretty much any time Ayano and Kyouko are in the same scene.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Chizuru's blue.
- Shared Family Quirks: She and Chizuru both enter Yuri Fan mode when the glasses come off.
- Shipper on Deck: For Ayano/Kyouko. Very strongly.
- Smart People Wear Glasses
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She's outgoing and gentle, compared to her reserved and blunt sister.
- Tareme Eyes
- Those Two Girls: With Ayano.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pickled vegetables.
- Yuri Fan: Nosebleeds at even the tiniest bit of lesbian subtext between her friends. It helps that she has an active imagination.
- On a traditional meaning of that trope, after Kyouko introduced her to Comuket, she apparently became a regular... because of the yuri doujins.
Voiced by: Suzuko MimoriA thirteen-year-old freshman and candidate for next year's Student Council Vice-Presidency, known for a rather shapely figure (not to mention well-stacked) for an early teen. She is generally a polite, sweet girl — except towards her rival, Sakurako.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Sakurako; while she can be exasperated with the latter's immaturity, she will still always help her when she needs it.
- Childhood Friends: With Sakurako.
- D-Cup Distress: To further reinforce her contradistinctions with Sakurako, there are times when she feels her breasts are too large for a kid of her age.
- Gag Boobs: Not a single episode featuring her and Sakurako together would be complete without the latter taking digs at Himawari's unusually large breasts. Her Season 2 Eye Catch even shows her Gainaxing while jogging, while making brutal comparisons with Sakurako's flat chest.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Hair Decorations: Her headband.
- Hair Intakes: Her hairdo has two intakes that look like cat ears.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Sakurako's red.
- The Rival: To Sakurako.
- Tsundere: Sweet type — she's a Nice Girl to everyone except Sakurako, who she flips between hostile and worried.
- Vitriolic Best Friends: With Sakurako. With the amount of arguing they do, some must wonder why they hang out so much.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Takes refuge on top of a desk while Sakurako tries to catch a snake in the student council room.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Voiced by: Emiri KatouAnother thirteen-year-old candidate for the Student Council Vice-Presidency, naturally setting her up to a clash with Himawari (one that isn't helped by her complex about her flat chest), her long-time neighbor and friend. Really immature to contrast Himawari's dependability, as well as towards her sisters Nadeshiko and Hanako.
- A-Cup Angst: Made worse by the fact that her chief rival for Student Council Vice-Presidency is rather well-stacked.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Himawari; their relationship can be summarized as Slap-Slap-Kiss.
- Birds of a Feather: Gets along well with Kyouko seemingly due to this. Other characters have noticed the similarities between them as well.
- Black Sheep: Nadeshiko and Hanako are Wise Beyond Their Years. Compared to them Sakurako, stuck in between, would look like a Man Child.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Like her sisters, Sakurako is also a quick learner. Too bad she's a slacker.
- Broken Record: The title of her character song "Kirai Janai Mon".
- She also can't seem to go a single scene without mentioning Himawari's breasts in some way.
- Childhood Friends: With Himawari.
- Cool Big Sis: When she's not being an immature lout, she can actually be a loving sister to Hanako.
- Cute Little Fangs: Indicative of her childish personality.
- Cry Cute: Season 2 Episode 3, at the tail end of a temper tantrum over Himawari spending more time with Chinatsu than her.
- The Ditz: In contrast to Himawari's gentle disposition, Sakurako is pretty much childish and immature.
- Floral Theme Naming: With her sisters; Sakurako's name means "cherry blossom child".
- Green-Eyed Monster: Becomes the very definition of this when Himawari spends time after school teaching Chinatsu to knit a scarf for Valentine's day instead of tutoring her. She even throws a tantrum alone in her room.
- Hero-Worshipper: Admires Akari for her helpfulness, to the point of imagining her as a super-powered champion of justice.
- Middle Child Syndrome: In stark contrast to Nadeshiko and Hanako, Sakurako is pretty much childish and lackadaisical.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Himawari's blue.
- The Rival: To Himawari.
- The Slacker: What sets her apart from her sisters.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Apparently, she's the only one who cares about Akari and her presence, aside from Akane.
- Tsundere: For Himawari.
- Vitriolic Best Friends: With Himawari. Despite all the constant bickering they get into, they spend a lot of time together. Flashbacks reveal the vitriol to be a rather new aspect of their relationship, leading her older sister Nadeshiko to note that she and Himawari look Like an Old Married Couple.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of cockroackes.
Family and Friends
Voiced by: Yui HorieAkari's nineteen-year-old older sister with an obsessive fascination for her younger sister and everything related to her.
- Alliterative Name: Like her sister, it comes in two syllables, even — Akane Akaza.
- Big Brother Attraction: Inverted and gender-flipped; Akane is infatuated with her younger sister.
- Cool Big Sis: Fetish for her younger sister aside, Akane is also shown to be a pretty caring and loving sister.
- Eyes Always Shut: As shown in the manga and Season 2 Episode 7.
- Hair Intakes: Like Akari, she has two intakes in her hair that kind of look like cat ears.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Easily the biggest one in the Yuru-Yuri series, and completely open about it (in contrast to the Ikeda twins).
- Nice Girl: Is described as such by Chinatsu's sister.
- Oh, Crap!: When her sister almost discovered her siscon-paraphernalia and when she thought that Akari was crushed by Nishigaki-sensei's robot. Notable as her facial expression doesn't change at all.
- Odango Hair: She has a single bun behind her head.
- Orwellian Retcon: Early in the manga, Akane was originally Akari's (unnamed) older brother. He was converted into a girl for the anime, and this change persisted into later chapters.
- Perpetual Smiler: She is always shown to wear a sweet smile, even in situations like Akari accidentally seeing her siscon-related paraphernalia.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: As if stalking Akari wasn't enough, she is also hooked up to Chinatsu's older sister Tomoko.
- Stalker with a Crush: She's creepily obsessed with her little sister. Her whole room is a Stalker Shrine devoted to Akari (although she can hide all of her siscon stuff in a big wardrobe, if her sister from the future visits). She has even an an Akari dakimakura (hug pillow) — covered in lipstick kisses. When Kyouko discovers Akane's room in the first episode of the anime, she's massively creeped out by what she sees.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: She looks like an older Akari.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her casual wear.
Voiced by: Aya UchidaHimawari's younger, six-year-old sister.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Cuteness Overload: Inspires this upon Sakurako.
- The Cutie: She's such a blob of innocent sweetness that even Nadeshiko and Hanako jokingly claimed they wanted to trade Sakurako for her, and was even able to draw a smile from the usually stone-faced Chizuru.
- From the Mouths of Babes: In Season 2 Episode 5, while waiting for Himawari, Sakurako makes another A-Cup Angst joke about her. Kaede arrives at the front door, and asks if she hates boobs. Sakurako says she doesn't, and then Kaede innocently says she'll share her boobs with Sakurako. Later, she brings some milk for her in an attempt to increase her bust size. Sakurako holds back hitting her since she doesn't know any better.
- Morality Pet: For Sakurako. As much as she allows the latter to vent her frustrations on her, Sakurako just cannot find the courage to lash out on so innocent a child as her, even apologizing to her on a few occasions.
- Nice Girl: Offers to share her boobs with Sakurako, and for Sakurako to take out her temper from lots of studying on her.
- Token Mini-Moe: For the Himawari/Sakurako stories.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Shows very great insight when dealing with Sakurako and Chizuru.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Like her sister's.
Voiced by: Maaya UchidaA relative of Yui who enjoys the Mirakurun Show Within a Show.
- Empty Eyes: Her default expression. Becomes full-on Dull Eyes of Unhappiness once she saw how Chinatsu acted unlike Mirakurun.
- Fangirl: Of Mirakurun.
- Girlish Pigtails: Wears her hair like this.
- Token Mini-Moe: Shares this role with Kaede
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: With Yui.
Voiced by: Momo KuraguchiChitose's younger twin sister, who's just as perverted as her, but shows it with excessive drooling.
- Berserk Button: Kyouko annoys her so much when they first meet, that she becomes this to her.
- Blatant Lies: When someone asks her about her drooling, she either denies it or tries to silence the one who's asking.
- Covert Pervert: Despite having a serious and stoic like personality, she frequently imagines her twin sister in various sexual situations with Ayano.
- Green Eyes
- Incest Subtext: Frequently imagines her sister in a romantic relationship with Ayano and has been kissed by her several times. Also much like Chitose her Shipper on Deck status sometimes crosses over to I Want My Beloved to Be Happy.
- Kansai Regional Accent: When she was little. She lost it as time when by.
- Meganekko: Her glasses are similar to Chizuru's, and also come off for an Imagine Spot.
- Perverted Drooling: Her Character Tic.
- Shared Family Quirks: She and Chitose both enter Yuri Fan mode when the glasses come off.
- Shipper on Deck: For Ayano/Chitose.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She's reserved and blunt, compared to her outgoing and gentle sister.
- Stalker with a Crush: The preview of Season 2 Episode 7 shows her room filled with pictures of Kyouko all over the walls. Turns out she put them as a self-inflicted Fan Disservice to keep herself from fantasizing about Chitose and Ayano. Though she could just be extremely Tsundere for Kyouko...
- Terse Talker: Does not use many words whenever she speaks.
- Theme Twin Naming: Their given names are two kanji characters long, with one character in common (千).
- Tsurime Eyes: The converse of her sister.
- Tsundere: Kyoko calls her this, much to her annoyance.
- Twincest: One of the chocolate-induced Chitose's victims in the final episode. After being kissed by her, Chizuru looks like she enjoyed it.
- In Season 2 Episode 3, when Chitose eats her Valentine's chocolates at home, she starts furiously kissing her, over and over again, and she doesn't seem to mind at all.
- Yuri Fan: Just like her sister, though with a different reaction.
Voiced by: Ayano IshikawaChinatsu's older sister who has an implied relationship with Akane.
- Cool Big Sis: Very loving and supportive towards Chinatsu.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Same as her sister. She thought the background Chinatsu drew for the school play was beautiful.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: Implied to be one with Akane.
Voiced by: Chiwa SaitoSakurako's older, eighteen-year-old sister and a college student.
- The Ace: She is quite intelligent for her age, and in the Ohmuro-ke spin-off she is also quite popular in her all-girls' school.
- The Comically Serious: Among her actions is groveling before Sakurako and begging her to just leave the living room and let her and Hanako study in peace.
- Deadpan Snarker: Her usual tone of speech, especially whenever her immediate younger sister is around.
- Floral Theme Naming: With her sisters; Nadeshiko's name refers to the dianthus flower.
- Schoolgirl Lesbian: Has an unnamed girlfriend, with whom she shared a futon once.
- Teen Genius
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Is shown almost in charge of the Ohmuro household by herself.
Voiced by: Rina HidakaSakurako's younger, eight-year-old sister and a grade-school student.
- The Ace: Just like Nadeshiko, Hanako is the smartest and most popular kid in her school.
- Child Prodigy: Her friends acknowledge her as much the smartest of them.
- Cry Cute: At the latter half of Ohmuro-ke Chapter 21, as she apologizes to Sakurako for being unnecessarily mean to her, after seeing the cow pajama her sister sew for her.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": She's a little unnerved over having the suffix "-sama" (a formal appellation similar to "Sir" or "Madam" in English) attached to her name by both her classmates and even her teacher.
- Floral Theme Naming: With her sisters; Hanako's name means "flower child".
- Girl Posse: She is frequently accompanied by Mirai Souma and Kokoro Ogawa, two of her classmates.
- Little Miss Snarker: Where her Black Sheep of an immediate older sister is concerned.
- Rapunzel Hair: Almost as long as she is tall.
- Third-Person Person: She speaks this way to highlight that she's still a child despite her intellect.
- Token Mini-Moe: For the Ohmuro household stories (especially the Ohmuro-ke web spinoff comics).
- Unknown Rival: She has one in the form of Misaki Takasaki, who constantly tries (in vain) to upend her academically and socially.
- Wise Beyond Her Years: Like her eldest sister, Hanako is fairly down-to-earth, as exemplified with her interactions with Akari in Season 3 Episode 1.
Voiced by: Saori GotoThe fifteen-year-old Student Council President... and a weirdly silent, barely-present one, at that.
- Last Name Basis: Nishigaki-sensei always refers to her as "Matsumoto".
- The Quiet One: When she does speak, her words are so quiet they almost go unheard. In episode 6 of season 3, she is shown commenting on the apples Kyouko and Yui bring to the student council. If you turn the volume up high enough, you can actually hear her.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: ...Or at least take heed to this otherwise nondescript girl.
- She Was Right There All Along: Suffers from an even less presence than Akari, as Chitose notes that she's been around the main cast a few times, much to their surprise.
- She Who Must Not Be Heard: Prior to her formal introduction in Episode 9, a row of ellipses would appear onscreen when she is speaking to Chitose.
- She Who Must Not Be Seen: Prior to her introduction Rise played this role, with only her hands visible at times.
- The Silent Bob: Nishigaki-sensei (and possibly Chitose) can understand what she says, much to Ayano's surprise.
- Student Council President
- Teacher/Student Romance: Of the lesbian variant with Nishigaki-sensei. When asked by Ayano what kind of experiments they do together, her reply is a furious blush.
Voiced by: Ryoko ShiraishiA science teacher with a fascination both for explosive experiments and Rise.
- Alliterative Name: By consonants only.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She is rather wacky and her inventions are prone to go kablooey, but sometimes, she does create amazing stuff, for example a flying clock (that will fly to anyone wanting to know, how late is is and tells them the time by voice) and a robot puppy with a clock instead of a head.
- Hot Scientist/Hot Teacher
- Mad Scientist: Of the sorts — she dabbles in various experiments, often with the very willing Rise as her guinea pig.
- Sensei-chan: Kyouko even calls her "Nishigaki-chan".
- Stuff Blowing Up: The usual result of her experiments.
- Teacher/Student Romance: A lesbian variant of the sorts, with Rise.
- Translator Buddy: Serves as this for Rise.
Protagonists of Risetto!!
Hiro TakaokaA freshman at Nanamori's junior high school division and an otherwise quiet, friendless kid who one day was approached by Aoi with an idea of starting a doujin game club.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Aoi gives her a pair of hairclips to move her bangs and reveal more of her face.
- Expy: Of Yui; like her, Hiro is also an otherwise collected kid who somehow got dragged into an energetic club.
- Performance Anxiety: Back in grade school she was unable to write the piano pieces for a choral contest out of stage fright. This time, Hiro also fears losing her concentration in drawing — a skill she hardly had. It took Aoi's words of encouragement to help her press on.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Aoi's red.
Aoi IsurugiOne of the two protagonists of Risetto!!, who suddenly had the idea of creating a doujin game club after seeing one of Kyouko's drawings.
- Expy: Of Kyouko, with whom Aoi shares her energetic nature.
- Gamer Chick: Eroges, in particular.
- Genki Girl: To heights that almost rival Kyouko's energy.
- Girlish Pigtails: She wears a pair, though she keeps the rest of her hair loose.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Hiro's blue.
Kumako Gondagawa / KudryavkaA shy kid who becomes the scenario writer.
Characters of "Majokko Mirakurun"
Voiced by: Ayana TaketatsuThe eponymous protagonist of "Majokko Mirakurun", a popular Magical Girl Show Within a Show and Kyouko and Mari's favorite show.
- Cute and Psycho: Apparently, both her mundane and transformed forms are like this — at least according to the fanime of Kyouko's doujin circle. Then again, considering Kyouko is living with a Mirakurun lookalike who's pretty much like this in real life...
- Girlish Pigtails: Both in normal and transformed states.
- Final Speech: Parodied as she keeps reviving to add more to it, going so far as to ask for bread and juice - raising the probability it's actually the work of Kyoko's doujin circle.
- Magical Girl
- Meaningful Name: Her name is a pun on the word "miracle".
- Taking Advantage of Generosity: As Kurumi, she takes a LOT of advantage of her friendship with Raika, making the latter buy the lunch she specifies (and changing her mind while the girl's already running to the cafeteria), telling she'll protect her during dodgeball and immediately letting Raika get hit in the face by a ball, and making Raika do her homework. At least the latter seems to find it all quite cute, and whether Kurumi does it out of jerkassery or Innocently Insensitive is hard to tell since she's smiling all the way while doing these things. Note that this behaviour is in the actual trailer of Mirakurun's movie, watched by Kyouko and Ayano, greatly raising the possibility that she's like this even out of Kyouko's doujinshi."If anything happened to you, Raika-chan... I... I... who would do my homework?"
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cabbage with miso and yakisoba buns
- Transformation Name Announcement: "Mirakurun Pretty Change! The Witch of Love and Justice - Mirakurun - has arrived!"
- Zettai Ryouiki
Voiced by: Aoi YuukiMirakurun's, well, rival majokko disguising as Mirakurun's classmate.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: As Raika.
- Dark Magical Girl
- Living with the Villain: Disguised as Mirakurun's classmate. The latter doesn't wise up until late in their show.
- Meaningful Name: Just like Mirakurun, her name is a pun on "rival".
- Meganekko: As Raika.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her top is a bikini, almost leaving tall shapely figure naked from the waist up.
- Punch Clock Villain: Is perfectly happy staying in civilian form, with Kurumi.
- Stripperiffic: Her upper clothing is basically nothing more than a bikini top.
- The Rival: To Mirakurun, naturally.
- You Gotta Have Cerulean Hair: Unless Ayano is cosplaying as her.
Voiced by: Hikaru MidorikawaRivalun's sidekick and superior.