Introduced in SSX
- Put on a Bus: DJ Atomika seems to have replaced him as the voice of SSX.
- The Voice: Doesn't make an in-game physical appearance in either of the first two games, but does serve as the main commentator.
- The Casanova: According to his bio in SSX 2012, he is a ladies man.
- Flanderization: Originally, he was just The Kid, but in Tricky, he evolved into Pretty Fly for a White Guy.
- In the Hood: His main outfit in SSX 2012 consists of ski jackets with the hood up.
- The Kid: Before Griff came along, Mac was the youngest competitor on the circuit.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: What he became in Tricky after his Flanderization.
- Putting the Band Back Together: Along with Zoe, Mac is one of the former boarders who formed the new world tour in SSX 2012.
- Weak, but Skilled: In the first two games, he had plenty of skill when it comes to tricks, but he got smacked around quite a bit.
- Flanderization: Originally, he was just the risk-taker. Tricky made him a full-on Badass.
- Jack of All Stats: He's around average in all stats, and he has a board which helps in races and freestyle events.
- Knight in Shining Armor: What some of his costume options in 3 add up to.
- Patriotic Fervor: Wearing a Flag on Your Head is second nature when you're Moby. The Union Jack's gone pretty much everywhere on his outfit at some point, including his board.
- Put on a Bus: In On Tour, but he's mentioned in the ending. The Bus Came Back for Blur, but his trademark dreadlocks didn't.
- The dreads were apparently on a different bus, because they returned in the latest game.
- Scary Black Man: He's pretty intimidating in appearance.
- Stripperiffic: A male example; he could ride shirtless in 3. Averted in Tricky, where he was the only one wearing full snowboarding gear.
- Swedes Love Moby Jones
- Alpha Bitch
- Bare Your Midriff: Starting with Tricky.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Canada, Eh?
- Flanderization: She became more of an Amazon with Tricky.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Narcissist: According to her bio, the person she admires the most is herself.
- Not in the Face!: If you crash in SSX 2012, she will sometimes protest with "My face is my money maker!"
- She's Got Legs
- Statuesque Stunner: She stands 5'11" (180 cm).
- Stripperiffic: Win some events in 3 and she'll be riding in a bikini!
- Berserk Button: Intentional thuggery in a competition does NOT sit well with Kaori.
- The Cutie
- Dye Hard: She has a pink streak in her hair in SSX 2012.
- Genki Girl: So much so that she was one of the few characters who wasn't Flanderized for Tricky; she didn't have to be.
- Gratuitous English: She speaks a bit of English in these cutscenes in Tricky, but largely averted in 3; she only speaks English in the character selection screen.
- Bald of Awesome
- Mighty Glacier: He's got the best starting stability stat, but he's not exactly fast.
- Put on a Bus: He only ever appeared as a cheat character in 3 after the original game.
- Action Girl: Her favorite reading? SAS survival training. No, not a required read for what she goes through, her fave.
- Bad Ass: Hell yeah. Ace snowboard, surf and motorcross champion? She grinds a mid air helicopter in her first trick event, check. Action Girl? She enjoys SAS survival training, check. Firey Redhead? She would play Shepard, in a film given half a chance and closely match her awesomeness, check.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her primary form of Fanservice.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Going Commando: One question during an interview is whether she prefers boxers or briefs. Her reply and love for special forces makes it easy to guess.
- The Hero: In SSX 2012, she leads the team in their quest to go down all nine Deadly Descents.
- Informed Ability: DJ Atomika claims multiple times in 3 that she's a talented musician, but we've never seen any evidence supporting this. Of course, it could just be that Atomika's into her.
- Jack of All Stats: And she's close friends with Moby, the other character of this franchise with average stats.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Zoe's thoughts of her role as founder of SSX: Best. Job. Ever.
- Putting the Band Back Together: Co-founder of SSX and was the one who started the idea in SSX 2012
- Self-Deprecation: When she crashes in 3, she gets very mad at herself.
- Blond Guys Are Evil, but then they decide that You Gotta Have Blue Hair.
- Flanderization: Went from stylish to full-on egotist in Tricky.
- French Jerk
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: He's a Jerkass with a fragile ego who puts on a Jerkass Fašade to hide it. How's that for a Mind Screw?
- Put on a Bus: He wasn't a standalone character between Tricky and Blur.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- You Don't Look Like You: His blue hair and pencil-thin mustache in Blur are a far cry from his old look.
- Fragile Speedster: He's a naturally speedy guy who's the only one to mainly have the Alpine board type, which plays to speed and acceleration. However, his stability isn't so good.
- Put on a Bus: He had a similar situation to Jurgen after the original.
Introduced in SSX TrickyA lot of the characters in this batch were Put on a Bus; some of them only appeared as standalone characters in this game. We won't list it in these sections unless it isn't played straight.
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Eddie's theme in SSX 2012.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Most of his outfits look like a thrift store exploded on him.
- The Bus Came Back: Eddie is coming back to SSX 2012.
Broderick "Brodi" Ford
- Bare Your Midriff: Some of his outfits feature this.
- Erudite Stoner: His pseudo-Buddhist philosophical ramblings peg him as this.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Surfer Dude
- Technical Pacifist: He may be a peaceful guy, but that doesn't stop you from punching everybody around when you play as him. Of course, it'd be Out of Character for him to do that.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
Marisol Diez Delgado
- Bare Your Midriff
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: All she really wants is to party, windsurf and snowboard. She's so wrapped up in it that she's kind of unaware of her attractiveness.
- Ms. Fanservice: The most blatant one in the series.
- Spicy Latina
- Woman Scorned: She got dumped by JP and she wants to beat him thoroughly on the course where they both met and broke up.
- Canada, Eh?: "SASKATOON!!!"
- Chainsaw Good: It's his favourite "accessory."
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He talks to his TATTOOS!
- Delinquent Hair
- Do Not Try This at Home: One of the many humorous things Psymon says after landing a stunt in Tricky.
- Ensemble Darkhorse
- I Can See My House from Here: One of his lines when he achieves big air.
- I Meant to Do That: One of his reactions to taking a hit.
- Ink-Suit Actor: According to his original voice actor Jim Rose, Psymon is just a fictionalized version of him.
- Large Ham
- Not What I Signed On For: Apparently, the reason why Psymon left the tour in the first place and why he was so reluctant to signing back up on the team was because he was sick of the sponsorship and corporate dealings.
- Metal Head: According to his SSX Tricky profile. His favorite bands are Slayer and Napalm Death.
- The Pigpen: Kaori comments on his lack of hygiene in Tricky.Kaori: Psymon, you need a bath!Kaori: Psymon, you stinks! (sic)
Luther: You smell like the seat of my swamp buggy, boy!
- As does Luther:
- Put on a Bus: He's the ONLY one of the characters introduced in this game who averted this. In fact, he shows up in all three games to come after Tricky.
- Talkative Loon: "FRENCH TOAST AND SYRUUUUUUUUUP!"
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Several of his outfits lack a shirt.
- Bald of Awesome
- Bald Woman
- Christmas Cake: She's exactly 25 years old.
- Disco Dan: A female example.
- Genki Girl
- Hey, It's That Voice!: She's voiced by Macy Gray.
- Sassy Black Woman
- Shout-Out: Her Master-rank board is called the Funky Drummer.
- Acrofatic: The man's gut does not get in the way of his Uber tricks.
- The Brute: To JP, though JP's no Big Bad.
- Badass Biker: Rides his "hog," as he calls it, when he's not riding his snowboard.
- Bare Your Midriff: A particularly squicky version.
- Blood Knight: Actively enjoys beating the crap out of people.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: One of his quotes when selected directly addresses and insults the player.
- Catch Phrase: Calls everybody he doesn't like "wimp."
- Cowboy: He's not a full-on Wild West guy, but he's got some of this trope.
- Deep South: He's very obviously supposed to be from here.
- '80s Hair: Wears a mullet.
- Fan Disservice: The Svelte Luther outfit. View at your own peril.
- Fat Bastard
- Hey, It's That Voice!: He's voiced by Oliver Platt.
- Lightning Bruiser: What he can become if you distribute your EXP right.
- Mighty Glacier: Big and slow, but when the time comes to punch people, he can more than dish it out.
- Rummage Sale Reject: All his outfits involve tacky pants and bright colors.
- Super Move: The Bronco Buster, his signature Uber trick. He rides the board like it's a rodeo bull.
- Verbal Tic: Ends a lot of his quotes with "mama."
- Younger Than They Look: He doesn't exactly look 22.
Introduced in SSX 3
- The Voice: Like Rahzel, he's not a rider himself, but commentates on everything that's going on.
- The Ace: And damn knowledgeable of it
- Black Sheep: According to him, he was.
- Blonde Guys Are Evil: Or at least bratty and whiny as all hell.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Takes solace in the fact that he is the enemy of SSX '12
- Child Prodigy
- Heh Heh, You Said X: In 3's Rider Profile section, every character gets asked, "Boxers or briefs?" Griff, being 12 at the time, laughs his ass off.
- Jerk Justifications: Griff's reasons for being an asshole in SSX 2012 are a mixture of type two and type three.
- The Kid: Currently is the youngest to ever compete in SSX. Beating out Mac.
- Rival Turned Evil: He was rivals with Zoe earlier, but in SSX 2012, Zoe and Griff are arch-nemeses.
- Sweet Tooth: His favorite food is "sugar-coated anything."
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Griff, in SSX 2012, is no longer that hyper active kid that couldn't even sit straight.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: SSX '12 is invoking this trope to the max.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Neck: Wears an American flag bandanna in SSX '12.
- Boobs of Steel
- Fiery Redhead
- Girlish Pigtails
- Took a Level in Jerkass: By On Tour, she's picking fights with people when she isn't riding.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: His character profile says he's from Sweden. You wouldn't know it from the way he talks.
- Put on a Bus: He never appeared again after his debut.
- Third-Person Person: Refers to himself as "this guy" when performing tricks.
- Action Genre Hero Guy: While personality-wise he doesn't fit, he certainly has the look of one down in 3. For On Tour, he grew his hair out.
- Expy: Could be seen as one to Jurgen.
- Mighty Glacier
Introduced in SSX On Tour
- Remember the New Guy: Made the cover of On Tour.
- All Women Love Shoes: According to DJ Atomika, she's trying to build up a collection of 365 pairs of sneakers, one for each day of the year.
- Awesome Aussie
Introduced in SSX Blur
- Big Eater
- Canada, Eh?: From Montreal, to be specific.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Poutine
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Wears a snapback with a design based on the flag of Quebec.
- Canada, Eh?
- Token Minority: She's Inuit, making her the only rider representing an indigenous people.
Introduced in SSX (2012)
Alexis "Alex" Moreau
- Composite Character: Basically, take JP's stylish French shtick from the first game, combine it with Elise's beauty and moonlighting as a model, and throw a dash of Angelina Jolie in, and you have Alex.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Woman in White
- Expy: He's Brodi, but tanner and without the spiritual trappings.
- New-Age Retro Hippie
- Remember the New Guy: He's introduced as a founding member of Team SSX, and is apparently an old friend of Zoe's, despite never having appeared in any of the previous games.
- Surfer Dude