Characters: Persona Upon The Grave Of Guilt
open/close all folders
Played By: The GM
Arcana: The Fool
Persona: Vigilante and all of its forms
- Badass Biker: His newest Persona, Hellion of the Chariot Arcana.
- Badass Boast: Loves giving these:
- “You have a lot of nerve coming out here into my territory! Do you have any idea who I am? I'm the Scarlet Bancho of the Crimson Beasts! Randy Clopin! The eye of the storm is passing, and the hurricane returning! To mess with anyone at my school is to piss me off. AND TO PISS ME OFF IS TO PUT A NOOSE AROUND YOUR OWN NECK!”
- The GM swears he was trying to make the speech rather... silly, and feel a bit forced. Whether he succeeded or failed is up to you.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears a red leather one as part of his Crimson Beast uniform. Was shown to have actual utility when it was used to tank Shadow Diego's fire blast, but has recently been damaged in a fight with a Gigas.
- Big Brother Mentor: Is one to Izzy, and the GM says that he used to have one himself. Somehow this has led to his Large Ham tendencies.
- Said mentor was actually Izzy's big brother, who was unfortunately murdered while trying to be a vigilante. He asked Randy to look out for Izzy.
- Break the Badass: Got his ass handed to him in the Court when going off alone.
- Bring My Red Jacket
- Determinator: So far, has not backed down from a fight even to the point of being on the brink of death afterwards.
- Expy: Of Simon from TTGL. Turns out that Izzy was nothing but a Red Herring.
- Failure Is the Only Option : He can pretty much do anything he puts his mind to, but he'll never win/be the best/not get his ass kicked. It doens't matter how good he gets, he can't succeed as long as he's of the Fool Arcana.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Averted. His goggles are actually prescription blueblocker lenses in goggle form in order to stop his glasses from falling of during performances.
- Hidden Depths: Yes, even Randy has his emotional turmoil.
- Hot-Blooded: Hellion seems to be this part of Randy's personality.
- Incoming Ham: His speech upon jumping into the Shadow Diego fight.
- Large Ham: His defining trait. Everything he does is loud, proud, and colorful. He could probably be more effective in battle if he weren't so set on the spectacle of the fight... but damn if it isn't awesome.
- It's all an act though, as he's just trying to replace his Big Brother Mentor. He knows he's a pale imitation though and laments the fact.
- Phil and Ned have noted that Randy is much more laid back and chill when not wearing his stage outfit.
- Made of Iron: His greatest strength is his durability. Hits that would leave others unconscious do nothing but slow him down for a second.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Can mimic almost any voice he needs to when singing. Hasn't applied it anywhere else... yet.
- Shout-Out: As a representative of the Shonen Hero archetype, Randy often references the genre in his Heroic Monologues, including the Gurren Lagann battle theme.
- Shovel Strike: Uses a shovel he happened across to fight in the Court of Miracles. He could move on to something that isn't a gardening tool, but he has too much respect for the shovel for saving his life in his first Court.
- Worf Effect: Has not won a major fight yet, instead he's been knocked around while trying to protect the others.
Played By: The GM
- All a Part of the Job: Might complain about the drawbacks of his situation, but genuinely cares about getting everybody out of the Court of Miracles alive.
- Badass Teacher: Takes to mentoring the students sucked into the Court of Miracles, and can still kick a sufficient amount of ass.
- Badass Longcoat: Technically a pharmacist's jacket, but serves the exact same function.
- Berserk Button: Do not mess with his students. Even if you are one.
- Born Lucky: Garret's life is full of really high points...
- Born Unlucky: ...and really low points. There is no real middle ground.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Seems to have one based upon the Court itself, given his near-encyclopedic knowledge of the workings of the Court and some of his more cryptic off-hand comments.
- Mysterious Past: No explanation as to exactly what his past experiences entail so far.
- Until now that is. Poor guy.
- Deadly Doctor: According to his backstory, he underwent medical training to become one, but he dropped out for unknown reason. After that, he trained in pharmaceuticals instead. The "deadly" bit is more straightforward.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Wulfgard, the only teacher currently involved in the combat aspect of the game, wields one. And because Wooden Katanas Are Even Better, it's disguised as a wooden one (so that he can legally bring it into the school as supervisor of the Kendo club). Holds the title of Renshi 6-Dan in Kendo, as well, lending him credibility in its use.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Subverted, Garret's sister is married to Testa Jones.
- The Obi-Wan: Fits well enough to give rise to reasonable belief that he will die at some point in the game, leaving the rest of the crew mildly screwed.
- Perma Stubble: Is too afraid of cutting himself to attempt too close of a shave.
- Sarashi: In this case, actually bandages due to his natural ability to attract injury.
- Scars Are Forever: It's been revealed that a large, ugly, bulging scar lies under his Sarashi.
- He received it fifteen years ago in the Court, during his fight with Kenneth. So yeah, pretty long-term.
- School Nurse: A rare male example. While technically a pharmacist and not a nurse, he still uses his medical knowledge to aid the students, both during the Court of Miracles and as a member of the school faculty.
- The Slacker: Seems to be this - he sometimes falls asleep at work and doesn't seem to care much beyond getting his basic job done. Of course, the Court leaves him pretty drained in the first place.
- Supporting Leader: Leads the group, teaches them what he knows, and seems to have the biggest beef with the Court.
Played By: The GM
- Absent-Minded Professor: His forgetfulness seems to strike anywhere from the memory of when his own archery practice is to basic driving skills.
- All a Part of the Job: Seemed to love the adventure and discovery aspects of being an archaeologist so much so that he tries to drag it into his new job, teaching.
- The Ace: Back in the day, he was captain of the boxing team, track team, archery team, etc... He was everywhere and doing everything. He still might be if you believe his Indiana Jones-esque adventure stories.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: Or so he claims. He tells vivid stories and has a collection of artifacts from all over the world, but provides no proof that the two are related. Not that the lack of evidence seems to matter to him, though.
- Cool Teacher: He tries for this, avoiding Miss Halls' Rules Lawyer approach and supplementing his lectures with stories of his own personal adventures in an attempt to make World History a more interesting subject. Whether he's effective or not is up to the student.
- Badass Teacher: Again, only if one believes his tales. No concrete signs as of yet. Time will tell.
- Drives Like Crazy: To the point where Wulfgard has to drive him to school to teach.
- Expy: Of Noriyasu Seta from Love Hina... who in turn borrowed a lot from Indiana Jones.
- Eyes Always Shut
- Forgetful Jones
- Happily Married: It took a while, but he has arrived here.
- To Wulfgard's sister, no less.
- Meaningful Name: While not his last name by birth, it's no mistake his current one is Jones.
- Nice Guy: Easily one of the most outwardly friendly characters in the RP. No emotional baggage as of yet, doesn't feel any real resentment towards anyone, and tries his best to please others.
- Oblivious to Love: Didn't even know that his wife was attracted to him for several years. Out of guilt, he took her last name when they were finally married. No word on if he knows what sex is yet.
- He totally does. Totally, totally does.
- Smoking Is Cool
- Whip It Good: Apparently knows how to use one quite well. The whip actually belongs to his wife, Haruka.
Played By: The GM
Arcana: The Hermit
- Advancing Boss of Doom: Shadow Liza.
- An Ice Person: Her Shadow Self takes this literally.
- Apologises a Lot: Goes hand in hand with her Shrinking Violet tendencies.
- Expy: Of Mizore Shirayuki from Rosario+Vampire in the looks department, if a bit shorter, tan, and lacking a bust of any kind. The only other similarity is her ability to sneak around the school without being noticed, but it's more for journalistic reasons than stalking purposes.
- Hates Being Touched
- Healing Factor: Shadow Liza is able to regenerate her limbs.
- The Medic
- Mighty Glacier: Shadow Liza. Haw Haw
- Nigh Invulnerable: Shadow Liza is able to regenerate her limbs, and is impervious to most damage. The GM's notes at the end of her intro explicitly say "She isn't affected by status effects, any damage received will repair itself within a few seconds, and lost body parts will regrow. Run"
- Oral Fixation: Likes grape lolipops. Initially, she used them to have an excuse as to why she didn't want to talk, but it soon escalated to the point that she feels very odd without one.
- School Newspaper News Hound: Discovered the Court of Miracles after following Randy and Snow after a late-night interview out of curiosity.
- Shrinking Violet: Extremely shy, caused in part by attention drawn by her hair color (both natural and dyed).
- Sweet Tooth: Has one, which has led to a small problem around her belly.
- Tomboyish Sidetails: Part of her initial description.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple, due to a mix up with hair dye. Doesn't help her wallflower tendencies at all.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Played By: The GM
Arcana: The Magician
Played By: The GM
Arcana: The Devil
Current Cast Members
Bryan 'Halberd' Donneley
Played by: Kiruria
Arcana: The Hierophant
Joaquim 'JP' Pereira
Played by: niedude
Arcana: The Lovers
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Possibly one.
- BFS: His Persona, Pedro, wields one.
- The Big Guy
- Blood Knight: Pedro.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Butt Monkey: Very much. GM is prone to putting him through painful, embarrassing situations. Also the target of the GM's death threats.
- Casting a Shadow: Pedro's elemental affinity is Darkness.
- Cool Bike
- Dark Is Not Evil: Has a dark Persona and may seem abrasive at first impression, but he has a heart. Just ask Theresa.
- Duel Boss: Shadow JP intends to fight his counterpart alone. Given JP's injury, this will probably not end well.
- Flunky Boss: Shadow JP summons Shad-Hos to distract the rest of the group while he duels JP.
- Freudian Excuse: Had an often-absent father, was abandoned by his mother and lost his lover.
- Good Old Fisticuffs
- Backfires HORRIBLY against his Shadow and gets his chest torn open (again) for the trouble.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Has trained with many weapons.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: JP throws away his weapons for his fight with his Shadow, and is promptly backed into a corner... And a terrible Sadistic Choice. Zincspider, you BASTARD!
- Matzo Fever: On Theresa.
- Mr. Fanservice: The male version, chiefly for his abs.
- Parental Abandonment: His mother.
- Perma Stubble
- Pimp Duds: Shadow JP. As ridiculous as it sounds.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He can cook really well.
- Sword Cane: Yep, Shadow JP has one. Of course, he doesn't reveal it til JP throws his weapons away.
- Unstoppable Rage
Played by: MarbleZone
Introduced in: Burn On, Shining Souls!
Played by: TheSequelReturns
Played by: InnerFlame
Played by: Ysavvryl
Arcana: The Hanged Man
Played by: Niihyl
- Casting a Shadow: His main function at the court is to kill things with Black Magic. And shoot things. Then kill more things.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Mana's backstory, and reason for his mental instability. Caused a mild Heroic BSOD when he first summoned his Persona, Alice, who happened to look like said youngest sister.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's not really evil, or actively an antagonist at all. Yet.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Resulting from his...
- Deadpan Snarker: First words directed towards JP.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Points. That makes his full name "Mana Points Shizuko".
- Enemy Within: Alice is beginning to take on shades of this. Who said Personae were all friendly, helpful parts of the psyche?
- Gratuitous Japanese: His first snark against JP.
- Iconic Item: Graffiti hoodies.
- Inverse Law of Utility and Lethality: Alice can kill things, send them screaming in mortal terror, or suck the life from their bones. While others' Personae can scout, act as a Stone Wall, or provide defensive barriers, Alice seems to have one talent - killing things. Painfully.
- Jumped at the Call: Mysterious blood and eerie green lights? Demons of the psyche, and potential for death? Nothing better. The Court of Miracles is something he actively enjoys.
- Meaningful Name: Mana Points...self-explanatory.
- Punny Name
- Redheaded Hero
Played by: Blivsey
Persona: Hua Po
- Angst Nuke: Shadow Sigmund attempts to use regular Sigmund's pent-up rage as a last-ditch attack.
- Badass Cape: Wears one for the Halloween court, but doesn't do anything particularly badass with it on.
- Barrier Maiden: Some of his Persona's skills qualify her for this.
- Black Best Friend: As the only player candidate, he qualifies for this with several characters.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center
- But Not Too Foreign: Born in Nigeria, moved to the United States as an infant and grew up wherever Quarterman is.
- Cultured Badass: To an extent - for a teenager in high school, he has an unusual preference for twenties jazz and swing music, is an avid gardener and most recently has taken an interest in herbal tea.
- Cute Mute: Hua Po, his Persona.
- Demonic Possession: Shadow Sigmund does this to Clarise.
- Elemental Punch: One of his main methods of attack from part three onward.
- Expy: Of Kilik Lunge, but only visually.
- Footnote Fever: His narration acquires this in BOSS to help illustrate his scattered thought processes.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Only used while doing schoolwork. Justified in that he only really needs them for reading.
- Good Old Fisticuffs / Power Fist
- Instant Expert: Subverted. His early attacks tended to amount to blind charges, and the use of gauntlets as weapons has caused some damage to his hands.
- Only Sane Man: His Shadow acknowledges that Sigmund is "damn near sane". Given the crap the Court throws at the group every night, it's probably the closest we can get.
- Pink Is for Sissies: The main reason why he initially tried to avoid using his Persona, a pink fire elemental with the appearance of a fairy.
- Playing with Fire: His Persona's elemental affinity.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer: Almost parodied in Overpowering Past when he tries to make boil water for tea in a saucepan.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl Though his Shadow brings him to the verge of killing one.
Played by: Son_of_Shadows
Arcana: The Tower
- Ambiguously Gay: Was mistaken for this by JP early on, and the assumption has become a Running Gag. (For the record, he officially isn't.)
- An Ice Person: His Persona, Shiva. However, he's also showing elements of Blow You Away.
- Asleep in Class: Has been suffering sleep difficulties due to the Court, as have many of the students. He humorously does so in Mr. Jones' homeroom, causing him to knock his head against his desk and alert most of the classroom.
- Butt Monkey: Son_of_Shadows LOVES putting him through as much torment as he possibly can.
- Camp Straight
- First-Person Smartass: Falls into this on occasion. It helps that Son_of_Shadows is something of a Lemony Narrator.
- Henpecked Boyfriend: To Ciara (eventually).
- Instant Expert: Subverted - Joshua is still clumsy with his fencing sabre, and while his footwork is improving, he is overall an unimpressive fighter.
- Post Time Skip, he's becoming more confident in his swordplay and can pull off a few advanced techniques.
- Magic Music: His Aria healing spell involves him and Shiva singing Aria Of The Soul while he plays a bass made of ice.
- Nice Guy
- Not So Different: To Minami/Ulala, before she was Put on a Bus.
- Trademark Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper.
- Royal Rapier: His Weapon of Choice.
- White Mage: Most of his skills are based around support and healing, such as Diamond Dust, the primary function of which is to slow enemies.
- Combat Medic: Though with a few basic fencing skills and ice spells, he should be able to hold his own somewhat.
- Spoony Bard: He has access to some nice status buffs. And with Ciara, he may fit the literal definition of the trope.
Played by: Vivian Bloom
Arcana: The Star
Ciara H. Wright
Played by: Wordy
Arcana: The Moon
- Action Girl: Post time-skip.
- Broken Bird
- Deadpan Snarker
- Defrosting Ice Queen: As a result of her interactions with Joshua and Miyuki.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: The reason she uses the 'H'.
- Fantastic Foxes: Her Persona, with all of the related traits.
- Freudian Excuse: She's such a total bitch because she felt abandoned by some "friends" when she was younger and now has major trust issues. Completely reasonable. She still takes it a bit to the extreme, and relishes in being an Ice Queen.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Gray Eyes
- Hannibal Lecture / "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Shadow Ciara pulls these off in quick succession via telepathy to Mana and Joshua - picking on the former's instability in regards to his Persona, and showing the latter what the real Ciara really thinks about him. However, the biggest one is, of course, saved for Ciara herself.
- Holy Hand Grenade: Shadow Ciara's Megido attack, which badly wounds Sigmund in particular.
- Ice Queen
- Jerkass Façade
- Kick Chick
- Lemony Narrator: Her summary of the events of "Persona: Overpowering Past" is heavy on the snark.
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: The Dark Feminine to Miyuki's Light.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Meaningful Name: Ciara means 'black and mysterious' in particular reference to the night and the moon.
- Mysterious Middle Initial: She thinks using the H provides some mystique.
- Parasol of Pain: Her original Weapon of Choice.
- Power Floats: Shadow Ciara levitates, using wings made of stone.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Her attitudes at home and school are worlds apart.
- The Bad Guy Wins: The only Shadow Self to not be killed so far. Once her illusion is shattered by Randy, she flees.
- Token Evil Teammate
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate, especially truffles.
- Tsundere: A heavy Type A.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: To Joshua (eventually).
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Her Persona.
Sofiya 'Sonya' Mikhailovna Ignatova
Played by: GoldenHouou
Arcana: The Sun
Past Cast Members
Played by: DVB
Arcana: The Magician
Minami 'Ulala' Umehara
Played by: Raiden193
Arcana: The High Priestess
Clarise 'Eri' Stone
Played by: Jason-Kun
Arcana: The High Priestess
Persona: Konohana Sakuya
Theresa 'Terri' Del Monico
Played by: *Jean Grey*
Arcana: The Empress
Played by: Unicorn
Arcana: The Hierophant
Played by: .:Lemon Tea:.
Arcana: The Chariot
Played by: Manaphy Mare
- Camp Gay: He looks and seems like he fits this stereotype.
- Techno Wizard: He is supposedly quite adept at programming and hacking.
Lee Heaven Urben
Played by: Skillfulness
Arcana: The Star
Played by: Toasted Butter
Arcana: The Moon
Other NP Cs
Shinai's childhood sweetheart, currently suffering from Apathy Syndrome.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She is the person to go to if you want your weapons upgraded. A little palm-greasing and she'll turn a complete blind eye as to why anyone needs a battle-axe tuned up.
- Hot Teacher: It's been said that her Persona would be "Succubus"... so yeah. Blonde hair, an hourglass figure, short skirts, and a bit of a temptress attitude when not on the job? Uh-huh.
- Ms. Fanservice: What her description seems to lead to at least (not to mention her secret seductress tendencies).
- Non-Giving-Up School Guy: Puts on a strict facade to become an imposing force to the students, and her classes are unrelenting, all in the interest of making her students actually learn what she's teaching. Supposedly still fair enough that few people actually fail her classes.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: When compared to her colleagues, at least.
Phil and Ned Loganson
An apparently nuetral shadow who simply wants to have a good time watching the conflict unfold before him.
Garret's Half-Sister, and Testa's wife.Expy
: of Haruka Urashima from Love Hina. Zinc's most blatant example. Testa, Izzy, and Liza are their own characters now, but Haruka doesn't even have a different name.
A new transfer student at Bellow High. Has an injured eye, not much known past that.
Liza's father. A very strange man who made a fortune gambling.