The main characters of the anime, manga, and visual novel Eleven Eyes
Voiced by: Daisuke Ono(Xbox 360 & anime), Shinsuke Nakamoto(PC)
Voiced by: Mai Goto(Xbox 360 & anime), Oto Agumi (PC)
- Adaptational Villainy: While the game version still had some Yandere tendencies, she still cared a lot about her friends and actually tried to stop Takahisa when he went out of control because of his power. The anime version portrays her such as a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing and didn't even care if her friends died as long as Kakeru was fine.
- Adaptational Heroism: In the manga, she was never viewed as a Yandere, and even if she loved Kakeru, she still supported his relationship with Misuzu.
- Almost Kiss: With Kakeru.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Misuzu's Betty in the anime, due to Character Development.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Later in the anime. She appeared as nice at the beginning, but later her obsessive side toward Kakeru made her completely unlikable and she even tried to kill her friends.
- Break the Cutie
- Broken Bird: In the game, her past in orphanage was one of the harshest from Fragments. Actually her power which was actually the Phantasmagoria of Liselotte herself made orphans kill between themselves (except Kukuri, herself and Kakeru) These memories traumatized her and when she saw later Kakeru becoming closer to others girls, she began to worry, then used her power to keep Kakeru for herself. In the game, her actions become at least understandable.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Kakeru in the anime, in the game if the player picks her route.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: In the game. In the anime, she is this in a extreme extent.
- Damsel in Distress
- Demoted to Extra: Her role in the Manga is dimished somewhat, but at least here she remains genuinely caring towards her friends.
- False Friend: In the anime. She seemed to care about the others at the beginning, but later she didn't give a damn about the others' deaths, didn't try to stop Takahisa when he became angry, and even let Yukiko be killed by the Black Knights. However, in the game, she still truly cares for them.
- Freudian Excuse: She is absolutely unforgivable in the anime for everything she did. Nevertheless in the game, her backstory is one of saddest ones as her power killed every orphan except Kakeru and Kukuri. That's why she is so clingy and would do extreme things to keep Kakeru for herself.
- First Name Basis: Gets worried when Kakeru calls Misuzu by her first name in the anime.
- Good Is Not Nice: In the anime, HELL YES even if she appeared kind and sweet at the beginning. It's subverted in the game and completely averted in the Manga.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: In episode 11 of the anime.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Subverted.
- Kick the Dog: In the anime when she tried to kill Misuzu. Before that, there is also the scene in episode 9 where Shiori said to her she wasn't sure that the others would survive the Black Knights. Yuka just answered that it wasn't a problem as long as Kakeru survived. Ow...Yuka.
- Love Makes You Crazy: INDEED. Anime-only though.
- Love Triangle: With Kakeru and Misuzu in the anime.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her casual outfit in the game.
- Say My Name: Guess whose name.
- Too Dumb to Live: In the episode 11 of the anime, after having freed Lisette without really knowing her true nature, the latter, now as Liselotte Werckmeister, killed her right afterward. Subverted in the episode 12.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In the anime.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: To Kakeru in the Manga, and in the games if you don't choose her route.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Oh Yuka...
- Yandere: Only in the anime. And probably the reason she's not well liked...
- The anime really messed her up. Although she tends to be yandere, in the game, she just wanted to spend her last moments with Kakeru before she died. As for the Manga, her character isn't as explored.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Voiced by: Yuu Asawaka(Xbox 360 & anime), Haruka(PC)
Voiced by: Noriko Rikimaru(Xbox 360 & anime), Risa Matsuda(PC)
- Action Girl
- Bath Suicide
- Beware the Nice Ones: She ended up killing Shiori and Misuzu in the end, but she recreated the world after that.
- Big Brother Instinct: To Kakeru.
- Brother-Sister Incest: In the Visual Novel, she has her own ending. They are not related however. Not really...
- Incest Subtext: Even though they are not related, considering that Kukuri is Kakeru's sister from another dimension it still counts.
- Cool Big Sis
- Cute Mute: Until the end of her route.
- Death by Origin Story: But she's "alive".
- Doppelgänger: Of the other Kukuri, Kakeru's older sister.
- Expy: Looks a little bit like Kotonoha from ''School Days, while she strikingly resembles Tsuruya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- Driven to Suicide: Kakeru's sister in the very beginning. Turns out there are parallel worlds, and in at least two of them, Kakeru's sister, Kukuri, knew about Liselotte's plan, which needed Kakeru's golden eye to succeed. So in one world, she had the spirit of Abraxas, which had a chain whip attack, which she used to kill him, then herself. But that world didn't have the golden eye, and instead the Kakeru in Yuka's universe/world had it, while Abraxas didn't exist in that version of Kukuri. So instead of killing both of them, Kukuri in Yuka's world only killed herself since she lacked the chain-whip attack of Abraxas. Yeah, it's kind of confusing.
- Epic Flail: Her guardian angel, Abraxas, wields some wicked maces. Abraxas is also a case of Chained by Fashion.
- Healing Hands
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the episode 12 of anime, she is killed by Liselotte with Kukuri
- In the game except if the player chose her route, she is forgotten by the others as she is the one who recreated the world making the others forget about her.
- Lady of War
- Light Is Good: Despite killing Misuzu and Shiori, she did it because Liselotte couldn't get the other fragments.
- Nice Hat
- Not Blood Sibling: In resona forma, it's the major plot in Kukuri's after story. Finally it leads to the fact that Kakeru and Kukuri aren't related.
- Team Mom: Has some hints of this.
- The Tease: Sort of like this in the OVA where she talks about inappropriate things and even makes drawings of them. She doesn't do on purpose though, since they were in a twisted reality of the red night.
- Tareme Eyes
- Talking with Signs
- White Magic
Voiced by: Oma Ichimura(Xbox 360 & anime), Miru(PC),
- Action Girl
- Ambiguously Bi: She loves Takahisa, but she has a lot of explicit interactions with the others girls. She loves touching the others girls's breasts, and actually kissed Yuka in the OVA. Then, there are a lot of official artworks portraying her in some Yuri situations with the others female protagonists.
- Badass Adorable
- Battle Couple: With Takahisa.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's really a coldhearted murderer.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: With Takahisa.
- But Not Too Foreign: Was from Drasuvanian of Europe, but she can speak English though it's unknown if she speaks European.
- Cat Smile: When she fondle other girls' breasts.
- Child Soldiers:
- Continuity Nod: Descended from Tsukiko Hirohara from 3days.
- Club President
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Healing Factor: Yukiko shrugs off some pretty serious damage during the course of events. That she was a child soldier who had this ability exploited really reveals what she's gone through.
- I Am a Monster: She thinks she's nothing but a ruthless killer. If her route wasn't picked, this was also the reason why she rejected Takahisa's love for her. He eventually makes her feel better and she soon reciprocates his feelings.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
- Knife Nut: When she goes in her Badass mode, she use two large knives.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: In the OVA when she takes her glasses off.
- Little Miss Badass: when she takes her glasses off.
- Meganekko: she wears them to hide her other personality.
- Not So Different: Her and Takahisa
- Official Couple: With Takahisa, if her route wasn't picked.
- Opposites Attract: Guess.
- Relationship Upgrade: Again, with Takahisa, if her route wasn't picked.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: With Takahisa.
- Split Personality
- Stepford Smiler
- Tareme Eyes: While it's Tsurime Eyes as her other personality.
- Yaoi Fangirl: In one of the promotional videos of 11eyes Resona Forma, she sounded too excited when she thought Takahisa has feelings for Kakeru. She even suggested to Takahisa that he should ask Kakeru out.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Voiced by: Shoutarou Morikubo(Xbox 360 & anime), Andarushia (PC)
- Abusive Parent: His father sexually abused his younger sister Ema. Their mother seemed caring in Takahisa's After Story but it implied that she did nothing to protect them in the past, which is probably the reason why Takahisa was so cold toward her during their meeting.
- Battle Couple: With Yukiko.
- Big Eater: He's always seen eating.
- Berserk Button: When Saiko got killed by Misao, he got in a fit of rage.
- Big Brother Instinct: To Ema of course! After all they've been through...
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: With Yukiko. Though he fits the brooding boy more in the anime.
- Character Development: Went from Jerkass to Jerk with a Heart of Gold in the anime. And in his route in Resona forma, he went from an Ineffectual Loner to a nicer guy who is ready to be a good brother for Ema and a good boyfriend to Yukiko.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Mostly shows this side in the game.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: If the player chooses Yukiko's route, he confesses to Yukiko, like all in the other routes, but he wants Yukiko to be happy with Kakeru, knowing that he's the one she loves.
- Loveable Sex Maniac: When he and Yukiko got together, he immediately asked for sex. He ended up getting chased around by her.
- In Takahisa's Route of Resona Forma , Takahisa finally slept with Yukiko. Then in the morning, he asked for more.
- Also in the drama cd, he said "Tomo To Erosu No Tame ni" which means 'For the sake of Eros and tomorrow.'
- Making a Splash: His powers change to water in the OVA.
- Mercy Kill: Asked Yukiko to kill him when he couldn't control himself anymore.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He gets furious at the idea of Kakeru having a romantic interest in Ema.
- Not So Different: Him and Yukiko
- Official Couple: With Yukiko if her route wasn't picked.
- Opposites Attract: The person's mentioned above.
- Playing with Fire
- Precision F-Strike: Has a few of these in the Visual novel.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Ema's blue.
- Relationship Upgrade: Again, with Yukiko, if the player does not choose her route.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: With Yukiko.
- With Ema also, but not in the romantic sense.
- Self-Made Orphan
- She's Not My Girlfriend: Whenever Saiko would bring up Yukiko, he does this, especially in the anime.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Ema although the two can be similar at times...
- Troubled, but Cute
- Unstoppable Rage: After Saiko got killed, he went rampaging and destroying the city with fire.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer
- Yuri Fan: It's not shown much, but in the OVA, where Yukiko made a move on Yuka, he was the only one smiling at the scene.
- Artificial Human: Although in truth she was born a human, but her family line is cursed with weak bodies and have no eye balls, to accomplish her missions, she is given a artificial body.
- Battle Couple: In Crossover, with Shu. Literally if her route is chosen.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Oh you should.
- Break the Cutie: When she asked Kukuri to heal her after her battle against Avaritia she is killed instead.
- Canon: Kakeru x Shiori pairing is canon in 11eyes universe.
- Deus Sex Machina: We can remove the seal on her body to free her power.
- Heroic Neutral: At the beginning, she ended up by becoming a true allies of the protagonists.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She sacrificied herself to give her fragments to Kakeru. Fortunately just in the anime...
- Don't forget in Resona forma, she lied in her report to protect her friends's identity from Johanna and Church Council. Except in her route, it's implied she didn't survive in others routes as her love for Kakeru was the only thing which made Johanna change her heart toward her. Furthermore along with Kukuri, she is the only character who didn't appear in others routes.
- Little Miss Snarker: She can be viewed as one toward Tadashi.
- Official Couple: In Resona forma, it's hinted Kakeru really ended up with her but it's debatable as Kukuri's route is the true ending.
- Pet the Dog: With a cat.
- Artificial Human: As he is from the same family line with Shiori, he shares her curse.
- A Father to His Men: Subverted as he actually sent them to death, although it was unwillingly.
- Greyand Gray Morality: While he isn't really the Big Bad and just wants to prevent the world to be destroyed he is really willing to kill some innocent children.
- Furthermore, he has a curious way to accomplish his mission as even if he saves the world, he sacrifices his comrades as well as the woman he loves. Nevertheless, this last thing could be forgiven as he couldn't probably expect it.
- My God,What Have I Done?: When his comrades began to die one after another
- Non-Action Guy: hm...Indeed, he doesn't fight with Fragments during nearly all of the story...until the end where he turns into a dragon...and he's as formidable as the others...
- Official Couple: With Superbia.
- Pet the Dog: In Before Story he acts sympathetic toward his subordinates and shows care for all of them. And even if he's partly responsible when they died, Georgius blessed them.
- The Dragon
- Action Girl/Hot Chick With A Sword: with two actually.
- Battle Couple: With Georgius and somehow with Samson.
- Berserk Button: No matter if you're her ally or her enemy, if you try to kill Avaritia, you can be sure she can really lose it.
- Also in Before Story she also lost it when Scholastica is killed.
- Bodyguard Crush: toward Avaritia.
- Cool Big Sis
- Dark Chick
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She loves Avaritia from the bottom of her heart. She cares for the others Black Knights too.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the episode 11, she tried to make one. However, it's more a Stupid Sacrifice. She survives to it then she dies.
- Karma Houdini: My gosh, Superbia...How can you suppress three characters without paying it back?
- Kick the Dog: in the anime, when she killed Yukiko.
- Lady of War: When she's not in her black knight form.
- Love Martyr: Subverted in Resona forma. However, in the original VN, Superbia is showed loving Avaritia, who values more his mission than his comrades.
- Love Makes You Crazy: And she actually turns insane in the episode 11.
- Pet the Dog: She loves Avaritia dearly although her nature and she cares about her others comrades. She has even a Pet the Dog moment in Before Story with Scholastica.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: She can be really upset if you bother Avaritia.
- Battle Couple: With Irene in Before Story and with Invidia in the original.
- Demon Noble
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: It's unknown if he loved Irene. However, he showed some sympathy for his others comrades, and expressed anger when Gula and Acedia died. Subverted in both the manga and in the anime.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Subverted in Before Story. However, it's a Stupid Sacrifice which leads to his death.
- Mercy Kill: He asked it to Irene in Before Story in order to kill Liselotte too.
- Not So Stoic: in his last moments in Before Story as Sebastianus. He smiled to Elaine sincerely before dying.
- Official Couple: With Irene.
- Pet the Dog: he is still one of the most violent in the game. However, he seems to have a certain care for his comrades as he is angered when Gula and Acedia are killed. Furthermore, Invidia's love toward him shows he isn't completely bad. subverted in the anime.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He gives one to Liselotte right before killing her.
- Ironically, he also somehow gives one to themselves (Black knights) in the original game:
Ira: "Who we really are, you ask? There is no one more pathetic than we, who have abandoned our human flesh. In the end, all of us only exist to fight till death in this pitiful hell; talking to a sinner who is about to become a corpse right here won't gain me anything. However... just for this once I shall reveal the name of your killer. My name of bane is Ira. Engrave that into your heart for eternity!!"
- The Smart Guy: Can be one.
- The Stoic
- A Father to His Men: The best example as Samson in Resona forma.
- Anti-Villain: He despises Fragments but unlike his comrades, in the game he values them as warriors. Subverted in the anime.
- Battle Couple: With Misao although they aren't exactly a couple.
- Demon Noble
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: He seems having it in resona forma. He loves Misao but he supports her relationship with his best friend Georgius.
- Love Triangle: With Georgius and Misao.
- Team Papa
- The Brute: As Gula. He is the first to die however.
- Morality Pet: As Samson, he is this to both Georgius and Irene. He is the only one that Irene actually respects.
- Nice Guy: Everybody loves him and respects him. Even Superbia prays for his victory when he went to battle.
- Action Girl/Hot Chick With A Sword
- Battle Couple: With Sebastianus in before Story and with Ira in the original.
- Berserk Button: If you burn her face in the anime. In the game, if you touch Ira. You are warned.
- Dark Chick
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She really loves Ira in the game. Subverted in the anime.
- Fanservice: In before Story.
- Freudian Excuse: yes, she is horrible toward people who have a different belief from her. However her past as Ophian could be one of reasons why she is like that.
- Good Is Not Nice: Not really but the fact she despises heretics in before story made her character a bit less nicer. She even tried to kill Misao because of her heretics tendencies..
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Kick the Dog: She proposed to the others to kill Misao because she thought her as a heretic.
- Pet the Dog: She loved Sebastianus from the bottom of her heart.
- Shoot the Dog: she was forced to kill Sebastianus in order to kill Liselotte. That was however useless.
- Morality Pet: To Ira/Sebastianus. The role can be inverted too, as he is also his Morality Pet.
- Official Couple: With Ira.
- Redemption Equals Death: In the anime, she shows no regret for her actions thanks to Adaptational Villainy. But in the visual novel, while she was still used as a bomb (by Superbia) she actually shows some remorse and realized that the Fragments weren't evil. She actually warned them to not come close to her because she would explode, and embraced her death because she would be able to see Ira again.
- Taking You with Me: She plans to kill everyone in Kakeru's gang by exploding herself, but she fails due to Yuka's power awakening.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Don't touch Sebastianus/Ira before her.
- What Have I Done: after she was forced to kill Sebastianus.
- Whip Sword
- Aloof Big Brother: In resona forma, although he also has a Big Brother Instinct.
- Big Brother Instinct: Definitely toward his sister. He seems to treasure her more than anything else. In Resona forma, Liselotte used an illusion involving him raping Scholastica in order to break him down, and it works. Even as Acedia, he still cares for her.
- Brother-Sister Incest: In resona forma it's conversed when Liselotte forced him to rape Scholastica.
- Creepy Child
- Child Mage
- Children Are Innocent: Kinda debatable.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He truly cares for his sister. However, he doesn't seem to give a damn about his others comrades and even despised Ira in the anime when he died.
- Freudian Excuse: He acts with a warped way of thinking. However according to Samson, he's still an inexperienced child who seems to not having time to grow up completely.
- Jerkass: An example of Good Is Not Nice. But later became more of a Jerk with a Heart of Gold in resona forma.
- Pet the Dog: Although the scene where he's showed made thinking more of a Kick the Dog in the way he treats her, he loves his sister and it seems she is one the few people, even probably the only one who he cares about. Then, as Samson also tries to become closer to him, he could be not completely bad.
- Rape by Proxy
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Scholastica. While she is wise, affectionate and sweet, he's rather cold and doesn't care about anything as long as he's always right.
- Two Siblings In One
- Mind Rape: His death.
Voiced By: Emiri Katou
Voiced By: Mai Nakahara
- Affably Evil: As long as you don't interfere with her plans, she will be very polite and kind toward you.
- Always Someone Better: She feels this way toward Liselotte. She also holds some admiration for her too.
- The Dragon: To Liselotte.
- Even Evil Has Standards: She doesn't want Liselotte to destroy the world, but her goals aren't really better either, as she wants Thule to destroy Index as well as ruling the world. So that is more like Pragmatic Villainy instead.
- Evil All Along
- Villainesses Want Heroes: She really seems to have some affection toward Shuu, and wishes he could join Thule, but Shuu doesn't really feel this way toward her.
- We Can Rule Together: She proposes Shuu (and Shiori) to join Thule, as they could be very useful to her, but they refuse. She doesn't like it.
- Non Action Girl
- Chivalrous Pervert: It's who Takahisa probably got it from...
- Delinquent: She used to be part of a biker gang, but she quit so she could take care of Takahisa.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She protected Takahisa from Takahisa in the visual novel.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: She even had sex with Kakeru and Takahisa in the Visual Novel.
- In Takahisa after story, she asks a teacher named Morimoto if they could have sex repeatedly, since he mostly refused.
- Shipper on Deck: For Yuka and Kakeru in the anime but mainly for Yukiko and Takahisa.
- TearJerker: Her death. Oh so much...
Lisette Vertoore/Liselotte Werckmeister
- Ax-Crazy: Oh yes especially in Before Story.
- Broken Bird: As Lisette especially. Fortunately the If story allows her to get her happy ending too.
- Cute and Psycho
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She really and truly loved Verard and even decided to destroy the world for his only wish after he's killed.
- Humans Are Bastards: her reason to destroy the world.
- Kick the Dog: She had her highest number of Kick the Dog in Before Story.
- She nearly used every apostles's wishes and love to kill them, as humiliating both Samson and Benedictus, the former by calling his one-sided love for Misao a sin burning him in the process, the latter by Rape by Proxy with his own sister.
- Don't forget even if Scholastica was about to disappear by herself she made a horrible trick with her by using Misao's illusion calling her origami a trash while Misao was the one Scholastica cared and trusted the most.
- Furthermore she even killed Elaine while this latter was pregnant
- Pet the Dog: with Verard which is her only human quality.
- Redemption Equals Death: In the game, after Lisette realized what her hatred for the world caused, she is willing to be killed by Kakeru to stop Lieselotte.
- Villainous Friendship: She apparently this with the other Thule member Kanae in type III, as she doesn't care for her while this latter admired her. She also a Type IV friendship with Fu Manchu and probably Walter.
- What Have I Done: In the visual novel.