Characters: Aut Omnia Aut Nihil
open/close all folders
- Played by SullenFrog
- Alien Hair: Upon his transformation into a godling, all the hair on Will's head falls out to be replaced by a crest of long, multicoloured feathers described as some bizarre combination of a cockatoo's head crest and a peacock's tail.
- Body Horror: In comparison to a large number of the other godlings, Will's transformation was fairly horrific. In addition to the above-mentioned hall falling out to be replaced by feathers, his hands now possess the scales and talons of an eagle, his mouth sports a pair of inch-long fangs which jut from the upper lip like some sort of vampire, his orbits have extended beyond the rest of his skull and become a pair of bony "goggles", a glowing red tattoo in the shape of an eagle sprawls across his chest, and his blood is now water.
- Conveniently an Orphan: As Will's parents died when he was still a baby, he barely remembers them and thus isn't particularly shaken up by their passing. Granted, his life wasn't easy before the world ended, but at least he was somewhat happy.
- However, Sabnock conveniently reveals that his Mother is still alive, is an Inheritor, and is one of the major antagonists.
- An Ice Person: One of Will's more potent abilities is the power to rain down deadly chunks of hail over a small area of his choosing. This ability is quite taxing, alas, and he cannot sustain it for very long.
- Healing Hands: One of Will's powers is the ability to accelerate the healing process in others just by touching them; as long as he maintains physical contact with an injured person, they will heal far more rapidly than normal.
- Gray Eyes
- Perma Stubble: As a human, Will was never seen without a five-o'clock shadow due to the fact that his many jobs and courses left him little time for basic hygiene. Whether this still applies now that he has transformed has yet to be determined.
- Power Of The Storm: In addition to bringing down a concentrated hailstorm, Will can also conjure clouds to produce rains of varying intensity.
- Shock and Awe: Like several other godlings, Will has electrical powers. In his case, they manifest as sparks of blue electricity which crackle around his hands; they will shock and eloctrocute anything he slashes.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Late in the game, Will gains the ability to teleport by himself into rain water, falling over his destination, and then reconstituting himself.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: During his transformation form an ordinary human into a godling, Will rips apart his own shirt, leaving him naked from the waist up. He has yet to find a replacement, and does not seem particularly inclined to do so.
- Played by bamack1
- Super Speed: Much like Regg's, although it's still debatable who's faster...
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The Caduceus's main combat function.
- Energy Weapon: The Caduceus.
- Talking Animal: Or animals, these are the snakes on the Caduceus.
- Played by Bindlestick
- Drop the Hammer: Wields Mjollnir, Thor's hammer. Hammers in general are his Weapon of Choice.
- Shock and Awe: Has limited control over thunder and lightning.
- Super Strength: His main power.
Reginald "Regg" Georges
- Played by Colonial1.1
- Accidental Marriage: To Rose the wood nymph, when he made her tree flourish.
- Accidental Pervert: After a fashion; some of his conversations with Sigrun earn Ari's ire for their friendliness. Played straighter with Inari later on.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- The Casanova: The group in general view him as such, since he's flirted with three other party-members, not counting the dryad he accidentally married. He insists he isn't to Ari, though.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: He gets control of chestnut leaves as one of his powers. The number of uses he comes up with for such a power is staggering.
- Go-Karting with Bowser//Living with the Villain: Frequently debates and chats with Sigrun. Half the time, they part peacefully. The other half, it ends in a shouting match.
- Love Triangle: Is in a relationship with Ari, though he's not unattracted to Inari as well.
- Made Of Chestnut Wood
- Morality Chain: So far, to Sigrun.
- Not a very good one, it turns out. Sigrun has left the group with no intention of letting them (including Regg) live if she reaches the centre of the Cube.
- Plucky Comic Relief: He has plans, though, and is fairly handy in a fight.
- Super Speed: In a cartoony fashion.
- Played by Chabal2
- All Just a Dream: Unfrotunately for him, it wasn't.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Sort of. When Herakles' arm is in danger of falling off, he has the idea of getting Will to wash off the corruption with water, as this worked in the Augean stables.
- Heroic BSOD: Leo thought he'd had a particularly vivid dream in which he was piggybacking in Herakles' mind in a strange desert after the destruction of the world. Upon waking up, he found himself in the desert, surrounded by other godlings, and shut down accordingly.
- The Load: Unlike the others, who have fused to some degree with their divine entity, Leo is a frail and weak human. In addition, he had to be carried around after the aforementioned Heroic BSOD.
- Non-Action Guy
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Delivered against himself.
- Badass Beard Of Barbarism: Even saves his life when a knife gets caught in it.
- Badass Boast: Delivers a particularly long one to the lord of the Wild Hunt. The lord remains unimpressed.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: As he often finds himself without a weapon, he relies on his fists.
- Big Eater
- The Huge Guy: at least ten feet tall.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Seems to have a suspiciously low tolerance for alcohol before singing and walking in zigzags.
- Drop the Hammer: Well, club.
- Chewing the Scenery / Large Ham
- Idiot Hero: Tends not to think things through when attacking.
- Made of Iron: As he doesn't have the skin of the Nemean lion, he's this rather than Nigh Invulnerable.
- Milkingthe Giant Cow
- No Indoorvoice
- Rated M for Manly: Duh.
- Real Men Eat Meat
- Super Strength: Duh.
- Wrestler in All of Us
- Played by SOCR
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Her symbol of office, and weapon in combat, is a sword. While there is nothing special about the blade's properties; it is a sword that cuts just like any mundane one and does not carry enchantments or holy power, the fact it is a sword characterizes it and thus it never loses its edge or form. The blade cannot break or dull, so it is as sharp as it was since the day it was divinely forged.
- Betty, to Regg's Archie.
- Balance Is An Awesome Power: Her control over the cosmic balance comes in handy in sometimes unexpected ways.
- Insistent Terminology: There are many different kinds of feathers◊, and the names of specific groups are used where appropriate.
- Morality Chain: To Regg, or rather to halt his wandering eye.
- Order Versus Chaos: More precisely the balance itself, instead of any actual side. Human's free will is an important component to her view of this dichotomy and is her primary concern in the groups' escapades to build a new world.
- Our Angels Are Different: Not so much. Apart from her large wings, shining skin, and strangely coloured eyes, she looks completely human.
- Winged Humanoid
- Played by Oni-Lord
- Animate Dead: One of her most potent abilities as the Inheritor of Anubis is the ability to summon and command the undead in various forms, ranging from simple zombies and skeletons to more advanced creatures like ghosts and mummies.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Green Eyes
- Hades Shaded: Already tanned before the Reckoning in Heaven, once her divine essence awakens Jamie's skin darkens further and takes on a distinctly gray hue.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: In addition to animating the dead, Jamie can use her powers to summon weapons made of spectral energy that last for a short while before discorporating.
- The Necromancer: Although she is nowhere near as evil as the typical necromancer.
- Unusual Ears: Dog ears to be exact, as befitting the Inheritor of Anubis.
- Played by Savage Heathen
- Affably Evil: As long the subject isn't whether or not she rules the world, she can seem genuinely nice.
- Badass Bookworm: She's the embodiment of the lore. She whacks people on the head with an eight bladed flanged mace
- Combat Pragmatist: EXTREMELY so.
- Dissonant Serenity: Breaking her composure is hard to do.
- But oh Lawdy it can be done.
- Friends with Benefits: With Dionysus. Much to Regg's annoyance. Dionysus's disappearance pretty much
- Friendly Rivals: Used to be this with Regg. Any friendliness pretty much died when he allowed Ari to offer her as a sacrifice.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Played completely straight.
- Hot Librarian: Definitely applies.
- Manipulative Bitch: So very much.
- The Lad-ette: A veteran of the rave scene, Sigrun likes fights, motorbikes, booze, drugs and partying. She's also very fond of casual Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex.
- Obliviously Evil: She really doesn't see why everyone else sees a world of Norse rovers would be a bad thing, to the point of being offended after being told off once.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: She leaves after Ari betrays her.
- Sophisticated As Hell: She's perfectly capable of saying "therefore" and "ain't" on the same sentence.
- Villainous Breakdown: At the words and infuriatingly durable skin of Regg, she completely loses her cool. Then becomes speechless with anger.
- Visionary Villain: She wants to remake the Vikings anew: Harder, smarter and stronger. She wants to restore the glory of the Aesir and dreams of a new Asgard.
- She was forced to give up on this when she realised the nature of the Cube and the Inheritors precluded the Norse gods being restored.
- Warrior Poet: She's quite cultured and rational for an extremist warmonger.
- You Never Asked: Keeping in line with her tradition of being cryptic, she usually assumes others already know about stuff.
Siobhan Mac Tir
- Played by Savage Heathen
- Blood Knight: The Morrigan's shtick. Siobhan's self-preservation is the only thing holding her bloodlust back.
- Gorgeous Gorgon: She has permanent bloodstains, fangs instead of teeth, catlike eyes and primal features. Still kinda hot, though.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Her primary motivation in the godling business.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Her general response to the Morrigan's input.
- Snark Knight: Siobhan's basic reaction to events is to make deadpan and sarcastic remarks. Still, most of the targets of her sarcasm have it coming.
Renard Lefévre and Inari
- Played by Lemurian
- Gender Bender - Due to Inari's powers
- The Blacksmith - With Inari's guidance, Renard has learned many of the tricks of the smith-trade, including the art of making silver rings
- Kami Needs Prayer Badly - Inari was at the height of her power back on Earth, with an incredibly varied portfolio and a large amount of shrines. However, now that she is on the Cube, she has lost many of her powers due to shortage of belief, and only a small part of her original abilities remains.
- Fantastic Arousal: Her tail is incredibly sensitive, something that Regg only realizes after the fact.
- Hot And Cold: Towards Regg. The only person so far to make her shout in anger one scene and then blush furiously the next.
- Kemonomimi - No matter which shape she takes, she always chooses to keep the fox ears and tail as well as Cute Little Fangs of varying length.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender - Inari feels no more at home with one gender than with the other.
- The Tease - Towards Regg, again.
- Veronica, to Regg's Archie.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting - Can (at the moment) shapeshift Renards body into any shape within the limits of still looking like a human.
- Played by Diamonnes
- Body Horror: The physical changes he underwent were not pleasant.
- Clock Punk: Complexity's upgrades put his silver arm into this territory.
- Cute Little Fangs: He has them thanks to Tefnut's Essence.
- Fighting Irish
- Forgets to Eat: Justified, as he doesn't need to eat.
- Genre Savvy: Not at first, but he's attempting to become this. He's even writing his own list similar to the Evil Overlord List.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: His primary ability is near-instant mastery of any melee weapon.
- Knight Templar: A side effect of Nuada's Essence is that Eoin is influenced by Nuada's Geasa.It is very difficult for him to allow an innocent to die, to accept the leadership of one he feels is unworthy, and to refuse an honour duel.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Made of Indestructium: Eoin's left arm is made of a silver metal unlike anything you'd find on Earth. It's virtually impervious to damage and cannot rust or corrode.
- Noodle Incident: Don't ask about the first two days he was on the Cube. It involved blackjack and a giant turtle.
- No Sell: His magical voice effect is completely ignored. All the time.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: As per the rules of the Tuatha, in order to be part of the royal court one had to be the very best at something. Nuada's speciality is combat.
- The Fair Folk: The king of them, actually.
- Played by desdendelle
- Petting Zoo Falcon
- Playing with Fire: his ability to generate searing rays of sunlight can be seen as this.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: complete with a pipe and moustache.
- Sinister Scimitar: Averted; though he wields one, he is rather nice and polite.
- Spot of Tea: he carries a box of tea-leaves. Not that he had any chances to drink some...
- Played by Taco
- Arc Words: "Hugh did as he was told"
- Louis Cypher
- Verbal Tic: Hugh—stumbles with his speech and speaks concisely—when under pressure.
- Non-Action Guy: Merely a facilitator of the real fighters.
- A Darker Me: Hephaestus is much more confrontational and brash than Hugh, often getting him into arguments he doesn't want or can't manage on his own.
- Playing with Fire: Very limited, but present. Barely even used so far.
- Retirony: Not so much retirement but surgery: Hugh's leg was set to be fixed hours after the Reckoning started. He only finds this out after entering the Cube.
- Gadgeteer Genius: a more realistic, car-based version. Hugh is a Child Prodigy with automobiles as a whole.
- Foil: To Arden
- The Rival: To Daedalus. While they are both craftsmen, Daedalus is an inventor and Hephaestus is a craftsman. There is more or less no animosity between Hugh and Eric, strangely.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Angst? What Angst?: Openly defied as a response to the lack of it in the similarly-set Homestuck. Hugh is definitely shaken and traumatized from the goddamn end of the world.
- Played by desdendelle
- Body Horror: Her transformation from a normal girl to her current form wasn't pleasant; in fact, it was exceedingly painful.
- Gods Need Prayer Badly: Khonsu's power is but a fraction of his fullest, since almost nobody believes in him nowadays.
- Healing Hands: Can heal people by laying her hands on them.
- Lunacy: Given, since Khonsu is a god of the moon.
- Light 'em Up: Her moonlight rays.
- Petting Zoo Falcon: She's got a falcon head, falcon feet for hands and it is hinted that her legs changed to become more bird-like in nature.
- Sharing a Body: With Khonsu and his Evil Counterpart Khonsu-nepher-khotep.
- Enemy Within: Khonsu-nepher-khotep; during the fight with the Jorogumo, he tried to take control of Vasiliki's body. Fortunately, he did not succeed.
- The Pollyanna
- Played by Sullen Frog
- Blessed with Suck: In addition to being unable to fully control her dessicating aura, Janice has to put up with Vritra's 'back-seat driving'; the Asura is quick to belittle her, and has effortlessly taken control of her body several times.
- Breath Weapon: She can breathe fire, fittingly enough.
- Happily Adopted
- Lizard Folk: Though mostly limited to being covered in fine red scales, claws and slitted pupils; otherwise, Janice looks like a human woman—albeit a rather strange one.
- Playing with Fire: Though she starts out only being able to breathe fire, Janice will eventually become better at manipulating and controlling flames. Naturally, smoke and fire cannot harm her.
- Power Makeover: Goes through a rather extensive one, like most Inheritors; in Janice's case, this transformation included growing several inches and gaining more muscle, her normally shoulder-length hair growing all the way down to her hips and turning white, changing the colour of her eyes, and turning her toe- and fingernails into inch-long talons.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Statuesque Stunner: Post-transformation
- Super Toughness: Janice is resistant to most forms of physical attack.
- Throat Light: occurs whenever Janice is preparing to breathe fire...or whenever Vritra is in control of her body.
- Voices Are Mental: When Vritra is controlling Janice's body, people know it right away.
- Walking Wasteland: Janice's main power is the ability to project an aura of dessicating heat from her body; within its radius, water boils away, snow and ice evaporate, mud dries out, and plants and animals will wither and die. Unfortunately, this power is always on; she can't shut it off.
- Wild Hair
Characters whose players, for one reason or another, have decided to drop out. Their fate, as of this writing, has not been revealed or decided.
- Played by Moerin
- Anime Hair: Described as having "perma-bedhead".
- Book Dumb: Is far more street smart than book smart.
- Children Are Innocent: Averted. She's the youngest Godling, yet far from the most innocent.
- Dare to Be Badass: Towards Edith. Subverted due to the fact that she's most likely trying to manipulate Edith.
- Fiery Redhead: Literally. Although she was blonde before becoming a Godling.
- Fille Fatale: Despite being the youngest of the group, she's commented on how sex is "a highly overrated activity".
- Flat Earth Atheist: Refuses to believe that gods have anything to do with what's going on, despite all evidence to the contrary.
- Playing with Fire: As the new goddess of fire, it only comes naturally. And fittingly, too, as she's a...
- Pyro Maniac
- Smoking Is Cool: Not the reason she started, though.
- Played by Locoman
- Played by Saturn
- Played by QsxShaDoWS
Jesus "Chu" Barcinas
- Played by Dave Scooter
- Played by Made Of Axes
- Played by The Malignancy
- Played by Dr Popculture
- Nice Hat: As commented on by the other godlings numerous times.
- Hollywood Voodoo: Being the Inheritor of Baron Samedi allows him to summon zombies at will. At this point, however, he can only summon one very easily destroyed zombie.
Ranmaru "Sunny" Kongo
- Played by Grey Star
- Badass Bookworm: It's a given when he's a mangaka.
- Chaste Hero: Sun Wukong is asexual and Sunny is a virgin despite his good looks.
- Crazy-Prepared: Being poor gave him the ability to maximize seemingly useless things.
- The Beast Master: He doesn't command them though, he only asks them for favors.
- Me's a Crowd: Him and his Doppelgangers. Hilarity Ensues.
- Petting Zoo People: When in godling form, he gains a monkey tail.
- Rapunzel Hair: Godling form makes him have very huge locks of brown hair, so much he needs to have two ponytails!
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Not that naive, but still pretty ideal.
- Played by Katsuun" Perceptive."
"That would be a first."
-Exchange between Ravenna and Quetzalcoatl
- Played by Sir Screwloose
- Played by Hydrall
- Played by Desdendelle
- Berserk Button: disturbing Ma'at. It is more Tefnut's than his.
- Dying Curse: He attempts to curse out his former allies and enemies alike in his last moments. Evangel doesn't give him the chance.
- Gender Bender: Tefnut modified his body to better suit her form (and to Show Some Leg to Regg). He did not take it nicely.
- First Law of Gender-Bending: Subverted, in that he blackmailed her into chaning him back.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: There's a lot of things that get him angry very easily, whether it's violent rage or simply hatred. It's the main attribute that alienated him from everyone else. It's also the attributed that got him killed.
- Offwith His Head
- Making a Splash: Tefnut gives him control of moisture.
- Petting Zoo People: his current form is that of a lion-headed man.
- Shout-Out: his name, to Roger Zelazny's Jack of Shadows.
- Split Personality: he hears Tefnut inside his head. Sometimes she takes over.
- Too Dumb to Live: Hey, Aricrethiel has almost succeeded in talking down the confused and clearly distraught angel and made him see the error of his ways! Let's talk about how we're going to kill him while within earshot of the guy, there's no possible way something like that could possibly backfire on us!
Major NP Cs
The MaharajaA mysterious, elderly gentleman of Indian descent and the owner of a curious shop known only as Aut Omnia, aut Nihil. Most of the protagonists met one another when his servant, the enigmatic Man in Black, distributed unusual black letters inviting them to his shop one night; upon their arrival, he explained their status as godlings as well as the nature of Metatron's Cube, and acts as a guide to the protagonists upon their arrival in the Cube.When they first met him, the Maharaja was a frail old man in a wheelchair with a fondness for smoking and a debilitating cough; upon arriving in the Cube, he has transformed into some manner of anthropomorphic white tiger with backwards-facing hands, leading some of the godlings to conclude that he is a Rakshasa. As he was partially obscured behind a screen during their first encounter, however, it is possible that he already possessed this form prior to the end of the world. He seems to have the group's best interests at heart, but it is impossible to be certain; and the control he exerts over demons has put Aricrethiel on edge.
- Big Good: The closest fit for this trope out of all the characters seen thus far.
- Every One Calls Him Barkeep: If the Maharaja has a real name, he certainly hasn't divulged it to anyone.
- Incurable Cough of Death: Subverted. When he was still human, the Maharaja was of poor health and prone to terrible coughing fits, and Will even noted that the old man must not have a lot of time left; yet once the world ends and they arrive in Metatron's Cube, the cough goes away and the Maharaja seems right as rain.
- Panthera Awesome: Again, he's an anthropomorphic white tiger.
- Petting Zoo People
The Man in BlackThe Maharaja's manservant and assistant, a sallow-skinned and enigmatic chap never seen without his black bellhop's uniform. It was he who distributed the black letters to the godlings, inviting them to the Aut Omnia, aut Nihil one sleepy day in Genesis Springs. His name is unknown, and as his cap is always pulled down over his face his eyes are never visible. Upon the group's arrival on Metatron's Cube, he is revealed to be a demon in the Maharaja's service, and while he is not actively hostile to the protagonists he is not above needling Aricrethiel in an effort to get a reaction.
- Big Red Devil: He's got the red skin, yellow teeth and horns, at any rate.
- Me's a Crowd: He seems to have the ability to appear in multiple places at once.
- Offscreen Teleportation, Stealth Hi/Bye: A master of this.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: On one occasion, he became some sort of vast winged thing in order to carry Herakles across the desert. Notably, in this form he was both able to carry the hulking demigod with no difficulty and cross a distance which had taken the protagonists an hour to cover in a matter of seconds.
Toudo MasaruAn Olympic athlete from Japan and a gold medalist in the sprint, Toudo Masaru was the first friendly godling which the protagonists encountered. They first met him while he was being chased and tormented by the Yakuza thug Shishio Ganji, and saved him from getting beaten up at the gangster's hands. He proved to have no knowledge of the situation, and simply wishes for things to return to the way they were; he might have parted on amicable terms with the protagonists, but any chance of friendly relations between them were terminated when Sigrun casually suggested that they enslave him. He freaked out at this and split.He later returned in the form of "Kamen Rider Frost Ace" and attempted to menace the party for attempting to enslave him, before running off again.His divine essence is Jack Frost, the spirit of winter; as such, it gives him control over snow and ice, and while he is now made of snow, it seems very difficult, if not impossible, for it to melt even in the sweltering heat of the desert.
- An Ice Person
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Is rather displeased by the fact that he is now a living, breathing snowman.
- Snowlem: A combination of versions I and II.
- Toku: In his Kamen Rider Frost persona, he draws heavily from this genre.
DA hedonistic but ultimately friendly rockstar, the man known only as 'D' possesses the divine essence of Dionysus, Greek god of wine and debauchery. He was the second friendly godling which the protagonists encountered, and they met him in a fairly large settlement in the desert; they had the debatable fortune of arriving during his Bacchanalia, and so parties abounded.
PanA peace-loving godling that the group found whilst exploring the new surroundings of a forest.
RoseA Dryad and servant of Pan who fell in love with Regg when he accidentally made her ripe with fruit, Rose decided to accompany the godlings after making a shady deal with the Man in Black that would allow her to venture away from her tree without being weakened.
DaphneA woman that was trapped inside a tree by Marquis Sabnock and used as ornamentation. The Godlings freed her, and now she serves them as their High Priestess.
EvangelAn angel of the Second Sphere and thus of similar authority to Ari, Evangel was the first being the protagonists encountered upon their arrival to the Second Level of the Cube; they found him acting as both the pastor and protector of a small church, The Church Of The Undaunted Rock, though of his own admission his taking on the former role was a fairly recent development. Unlike Ari, he cannot hear the voice of God, and his inability to do so clearly troubles him a great deal; he even seems somewhat envious of her when he learns that she is still privy to the whims of the divine in some fashion. He acts as an ally to the group at first, although recent events have revealed that his trustworthiness is questionable... Questionable is right: he's being forcing the churchgoers to attend and threatening them into doing so, although he was clueless that he was doing anything wrong and was genuinely trying to help. This discovery leads to Ari and Regg admonishing him and him having a breakdown over his failure to protect the churchgoers properly and promises to atone. This is ruined when he overhears Jack and Sigrun plotting to kill him, prompting him to label the group servants of the Devil and try to kill them. Ari allows him to kill Jack and Sigrun in exchange for everyone else's lives, but he only kills Jack before realising Jack wasn't tainted, and suffers a breakdown all over again.
- Anti-Villain: Yes, he keeps the congregation coming to his church through threat of force and imposes totalitarian measures on the, but he's only doing it because he's woefully underprepared mentally for looking after the churchgoers and is horrified to discover that they fear him.
- Bishonen: Somewhat.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Seemingly subverted, at least at first...
- Detect Evil: At a glance, Evangel can learn a person's entire history and any crimes or sins that they have committed.
- Flash Step
- Laser Blade: Wields a sword made of crystallized silver light.
- Light 'em Up
- Light Is Not Good: Or is that Good Is Not Nice?
- Our Angels Are Different: Unlike Ari, Evangel has no wings to speak of though this does not impede his ability to fly, and his body—which is described as something akin to liquid silver—glows constantly with a faint light. Justified in that he is a Power, which is an altogether different 'breed' of angel.
- Taken for Granite: After a fashion; one of his most noteworthy powers is the ability to fire beams of energy from his eyes which transmogrify whatever they hit into a lifeless pillar of salt.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He just want to look after and protect his congregation... by intimidating them and forcing them to come to his church.
Shishio GanjiThe first hostile godling which the group encounter, Ganji was a Yakuza enforcer operating out of Shinjuku before the world went to hell. He had challenged an Olympic gold medalist, Toudo Masaru, to a race, where the odds were stacked considerably in his favour; Ganji would almost certainly have lost, had it not been for the sudden end of the universe occuring just as the race began. Both of them were wisked onto Metatron's Cube, and both had been transmogrified by the divine essences sleeping within them; Masaru became the ambulatory snowman known as Jack Frost, while Ganji became the crocodile-faced Sobek, Egyptian god of crocodiles and floods.Despite all the insanity which had just occured, Ganji forced Masaru to compete in their race; as the former Olympic sprinter no longer had legs, Masaru lost, and when he revealed that he had no yen to pay Ganji the Yakuza thug threatened to kill him. It was at this point that the godlings stumbled upon the two Japanese Inheritors, and after learning of the situation they came to Masaru's defense. After some banter and insults were exchanged, Ganji flew into a rage and attacked the group. In spite of his surprisingly formidable powers, Ganji was defeated with a sound thrashing, and the Yakuza thug swore that they would meet again before taking his leave.
- Breath Weapon: He has the ability to shoot a beam of red energy from his mouth.
- Jerk Ass
- Making a Splash: As the self-proclaimed Lord of Floods, he has the power to animate and control sufficiently large bodies of water with his sorcery. He typically shapes said bodies of water into the form of a giant crocodile, which assists him in battle.
- Simple Staff: His weapon of choice is a simple rod that seems to be made of wood, yet is harder than iron; it can stop even the blade of an angel's sword without suffering so much as a nick.
CamazotzThe Mayan god of night, death and sacrifice, Camazotz' real name is never learned. Easily the most vile character to appear thus far, he tormented and killed anyone unfortunate enough to stumble into the dark, labyrinthine passageways of his physics-defying cave home. He was playing a nasty game of Hide and Seak with a group of frightened children when the godlings happened upon him, and in his arrogance he believed himself to be more than a match for them—a mistake which proved his undoing, as Drogo killed him and absorbed his divine essence.
- Your Head Asplode: Or more specifically, gets bludgeoned into a fine paste with a heavy rock.
- Bat out of Hell: His divine essence manifested by transforming his body into a horrific man-bat.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Had the power to project devastating sonic attacks that could either disorient his enemies with deafening noise or simply obliterate anything in his path with a cone of extremely-focused soundwaves. Drogo inherited this power when he killed Camazotz and absorbed his essence.
- You Monster!: The characters label him as such; he's slaughtered an unknowable number of people for his own sick amusement, wears their skulls as trophies, and was planning to do the same to children.
The Lord of the Hunt
GauekoThe Basque god of Black Magic, Gaueco resembles a massive wolf. He attacked the party as they tried to pass through the forest he lived in on the First Layer. To complete their deal of with the Wild Hunt and reach Sabnock's fortress, they were require to defeat and incapacitate him, which they succeeded in doing. He was last seen, heavily injured and bound, in the forest; what happened afterwards was not elaorated on.
- Catch Phrase: "X for day... Y for night..."
- Canis Major: Again, resembles a massive wolf.
- It's Personal: Being a villain and a fellow member of the Basque Pantheon, he qualified as this for Regg.
- Savage Wolves: Attacks the party.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Disappeared once he'd been defeated, and has not returned.
The main antagonists of the game, an alliance of the five most powerful and influential Inheritors on Metatron's Cube; each one rules one of the Cube's five layers, and travel from one layer to the next is almost impossible without their permission. As they have sealed off the Core of Metatron's Cube and bound the keys for this seal into their own souls, they must all be defeated if the Godlings are to succeed in their mission. Only the first two members of the Compact, Marquis Sabnock and Tiamat, have been revealed thus far; the remaining three members remain unknown.
Marquis SabnockLord of the first layer of Metatron's Cube, which he rules with an iron fist from atop his ominous black tower, Marquis Sabnock was the first major antagonist that the players encountered. He greeted the Godlings rather cordially, welcoming them into his black citadel with open arms, gave them lavish apartments and treated them to an extravagant dinner, and during this he revealed to them a great many things about how the Cube actually works. He also explained the nature of the Compact to them, and tried to persuade the players into joining his cause; when his offer of partnership was rebuffed, however, he dropped his veneer of civility and engaged them in a vicious battle.He put up a good fight, but was ultimately defeated; before he died he relinquished the first of the five keys needed to access the core of Metatron's Cube, and also revealed that the mother of William Everetts, whom he had long thought dead, was not only alive but also a member of the Compact. With his demise, the Godlings gained his tower as a base of operations and his thousands of human slaves as mortal worshippers; in addition, they also gained the servitude of the Wilde Jagd, whom Sabnock had duped into serving him by manipulating their leader's code of honour.
- An Axe to Grind: His preferred weapon. While he only employs one axe after being unseated from his horse partway through the battle, he wields two at once after going One-Winged Angel.
- Animal Motifs: the lion.
- Ars Goetia
- Demon Lords And Arch Devils
- Evil Overlord
- Faux Affably Evil: Politeness to his guests aside, Sabnock is rotten to the core; he makes little if any effort to conceal his villainous nature or excuse his deeds, and when the godlings refuse his offer to join them he immediately drops his veneer of civility and atempts to kill them. He also killed a previous group of godlings and had their bones turned into cutlery, something that he seems to have enjoyed.
- Four-Star Badass: his human host was a brigadier general in the U.S. Army, and correspondingly he can kick a lot of ass.
- Hellish Horse: Rode one of these during the first phase of the battle with him.
- Hellish Pupils
- No, Mr. Bond, I Expect You to Dine
- Obviously Evil: In his human guise Sabnock has golden, catlike eyes, black lips like those of a lion, razor-sharp teeth, an incredibly deep voice and a tendency to growl like some big cat. His villainous qualities only become even more aparent when he gears up for battle.
- Poisonous Person: His mere touch causes organic matter to wither and decay, and any injuries that his weapons inflict on his opponents will immediately begin to fester and turn gangrenous. Naturally, this makes fighting him a very dangerous proposition.
- Tin Tyrant
- Villain Ball: See Faux Affably Evil above; is it any wonder that the godlings refused his offer?
- We Can Rule Together