Yeah do the hammerlock
Yeah do the hammerlock you turkey necks
You do the hammerlock
You do the hammerlock
Everybody do it now raaayyyy"
Reginald Lisowski (July 11, 1926 October 22, 2005) was an American Professional Wrestler from Milwaukee, WI as The Crusher. He is best known for his work in the Midwest, particularly for the AWA, from the 1950s until he retired in the 1980s. He is especially known for his years of teaming with Dick The Bruiser. He competed for various National Wrestling Alliance territories, for All Japan Pro Wrestling, for Stampede, and even for WWE as "Crusher Machine." He retired in 1988. Among his in-ring achievements, he was a 3x AWA World Heavyweight Champion, a 9x AWA World Tag Team Champion and a 1x NWA International Tag Team Champion. He was inducted into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame in 1996.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"READ THE CRUSHER'S TROPES, YOU TURKEYNECKS!":
- Arch-Enemy: Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Harley Race
- As Himself: In the 1974 film The Wrestler.
- "Awesome McCool" Name/Names to Run Away from Really Fast
- Badass Grandpa/Ring Oldies
- Bash Brothers: with Dick the Bruiser, of course, Baron Von Raschke, Mad Dog Vachon
- Catchphrase: "How 'bout dat?"
- Expy/Legacy Character: The Sandman and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's badass beer-drinking brawler characters can be traced back to Bruiser and Crusher.
- HeelFace Turn: He and Bruiser got accepted by the AWA fans following a match against Harley Race and Larry "The Ax" Hennig in 1965.
- Megaton Punch: Would brag about having "100 megaton biceps."
- Mundane Made Awesome: His bolo punch and stomach claw Finishing Moves.
- The Nicknamer: Gave Bobby Heenan the name "The Weasel," and would refer to the team of Harley Race and Larry "The Ax" Hennig as "The Dolly Sisters." Would refer to his opponents generically as "da bum."
- Jerry Blackwell was often referred to as "Fat-well" by Crusher in the AWA. "With an oink-oink here, and an oink-oink there... And soon there ain't gonna be no more oink-oink!"
- No Indoor Voice
- Popularity Power: Once he and Bruiser got over, they never lost the crowd's support.
- Rated M for Manly
- Red Baron: "The Wrestler Who Made Milwaukee Famous"note
- Smoking Is Cool/Cigar Chomper: Regularly seen with cigars.
- Tag Team:
- with Dick the Bruiser
- Unrelated Brothers: With Stan Lisowski (real name Stan Holek)
- Unrelated Cousins: with Dick the Bruiser
- Working-Class Hero: He lived it, working all kinds of blue collar jobs on the side while getting his wrestling career going.