Jerry Blackwell (1949-1995) was an American Professional Wrestler best known for his work for the American Wrestling Association during the 1980s. He debuted in 1974 and wrestled for various National Wrestling Alliance territories, as well as for the WWWF, World Class Championship Wrestling and All Japan Pro Wrestling. He retired in 1989.
Among his in-ring achievements, he was a 1x AWA World Tag Team Champion with Ken Patera as The Shieks, a 1x NWA World (Central States) Tag Team Champion with Buck Robley, a 2x NWA Southeastern Tag Team Champion (1x w/The Invader (Bob Orton Jr.) and 1x w/Dick Slater) and a 2x NWA Missouri Heavyweight Champion.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"The Tropes From Stone Mountain":
- Acrofatic: Moved around very well for a guy his size.
- Arch-Enemy: Kamala, Bruiser Brody
- Badass Beard/Beard of Evil: Depending on whether he was a Face or a Heel.
- Belly Flop Crushing: His Finishing Move was a big splash.
- Big Fun/Fat Bastard: Depending on his alignment at the time.
- Detractor Nickname: In-Universe. The Crusher called him "Jerry Fatwell".
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: As one of The Sheiks with Ken Patera.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: His weight started affecting his health in the late 1980s, leading to his retirement.
- I Have Many Names: He also wrestled as The Canadian Bumblebee.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Despite weighing well over 400 lbs., he was only 5'9, which made him smaller than over superheavyweights.
- Power Stable:
- (in NWA Central States): Robley's Army
- (in the AWA): The Sheik's Army, led by Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey
- Unnecessary Roughness: He notoriously injured Mad Dog Vachon and The Crusher on separate occasions.
- Wrestling Monster: As a heel in the AWA.