As Wile E. Coyote is following a track of footprints belonging to a certain rabbit, he introduces himself to the audience and makes it clear that he is a genius and that he plans to eat the rabbit in question. He finally comes upon Bugs and treats him to a picnic just so he can capture and boil him alive, but it's revealed that Bugs is up to his usual tricks again.
- Ash Face: Happens to Wile E. when he gets shot by his own rifle. He suffers it again after being blown up by the grenade in Bugs' hole.
- Binomium ridiculus: During his speech at the beginning, Wile E. describes the common western rabbit (Bugs) as "Rabbitus idioticus delicius".
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- At the beginning of the short, Wile E. stops while following Bugs' footprints to properly introduce himself to us.Wile E. Coyote: How do you do? Oh, uh... (chuckles) allow me to introduce myself. Uh, my name is Coyote. Wile E. Coyote. Uh, I am a genius by trade. These are the tracks of the common western rabbit. "Rabbitus idioticus delicius". Uh, I believe that-that's the scientific term, but my interest in this rabbit is hardly... (licks his chops) scientific. (chuckles as he continues following the footprints) Oh no, no, I intend to pursue, capture and eat this rabbit. (Beat) It's as simple as that.
- And when he finally arrives at Bugs' hole, he addresses the hole to the audience as such. He also shushes the viewers when he prepares to set up the picnic as a trap for Bugs to fall into.
- At the end of the short, after defeating Wile E., Bugs delivers the final punchline of the cartoon.Bugs Bunny: Well, like the man says. Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive. (chuckles)
- At the beginning of the short, Wile E. stops while following Bugs' footprints to properly introduce himself to us.
- Continuity Nod: While reclining against a rock as he thinks up of a way to capture Bugs, Wile E., who is unaware that the latter is resting on the other side of the same rock, suggests a Burmese tiger trap, which Bugs dismisses as having too much detail.
- Crocodile Tears: As Bugs pretends to mistake Wile E. for his long-lost father from Peru and gives the coyote a "Take That!" Kiss, the latter, disgusted, tosses him on the ground and spits out the cooties. Bugs then pretends to cry, stating that "I've been rejected by my onliest father". As Wile E. is about to lunge at him, the still-pretending Bugs ducks, causing the Coyote to land in the pot.Bugs Bunny: Oh, father. You're stewed again. (skipping away with a sing-song voice) I'm going to tell! I'm going to tell!
- Faux Affably Evil: Wile E. invites Bugs over to a picnic... then after a chat with him, captures him in the picnic blanket and attempts to submerge it in a boiling pot.
- Grenade Hot Potato: Wile E. tosses a grenade to Bugs in his hole, who tosses it back up to the Coyote. It repeats once more until Wile E. tosses it back in and secures the hole by placing himself over it. Bugs then returns the grenade by drilling a hole above the ground, and Wile E. places it back in and covers the other hole with his hand. Sure enough, Bugs appears behind him and startles him with another scream, causing the Coyote to fall into the hole and finally get blown up.
- Jump Scare: Just like the Roadrunner does by saying "Beep! Beep!", Bugs delivers two of these to Wile E. by screaming at him.
- Later-Installment Weirdness: Chuck gives Bugs a much goofier personality in this short after decades of making him usually calm and collected.
- Manchild: Bugs is shown sleeping in a crib and sucking his thumb when Wile E. peeks through his hole to take a look at him.
- Non Sequitur, *Thud*: In a nod to Operation: Rabbit, Wile E. delivers one after being blown up by the grenade.Wile E. Coyote: How do you do? I am a vegetarian. My name is Mud. Is there a doctor in the house? (passes out back into the hole)
- Pun-Based Title: Of "rabbit's feet".
- The Scream: Bugs lets out one in response to Wile E.'s "carrots full of dynamite" trick and another one to scare him into the hole to be blown up by the grenade.
- Stewed Alive: Wile E. attempts to boil what appears to be Bugs trapped in the picnic blanket over a stewpot, but when the blanket makes contact with the water, Bugs, who is actually hiding behind a rock, pretends to cry out in desperate agony to fool Wile E.
- "Take That!" Kiss: Bugs kisses Wile E. before going back into the ground once again after startling him with a scream of terror in response to the "carrots full of dynamite" trick. His ears also form the shape of a heart as he kisses the Coyote.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: Not actually performed, but as Wile E. thinks up of a way to kill Bugs, he manages to come up with this.Wile E. Coyote: I've got it!
Bugs Bunny: Yes?
Wile E. Coyote: Yes, listen. You know what a sucker he is for carrots.
Bugs Bunny: Yeah, yeah. [licks his lips]
Wile E. Coyote: So what I do is, I fill some carrots full of dynamite. He eats 'em...
Bugs Bunny: Yeah, yeah. Then what happens?
Wile E. Coyote: He blows up!
[Bugs lets out a seemingly genuine scream of horror that propels Wile E. into the air before crashing back to the ground]
Bugs Bunny: [concerned voice] That'd hurt!
- This Is a Drill: One of the ways Bugs returns to his burrow after outsmarting Wile E. is him twisting one of his ears into a spiral, penetrating it into the ground and pulling a chunk out.
- Toon Physics: During Wile E.'s attempt with the rifle, Bugs keeps twisting the barrel, changing the position of the end-sight and even detaching it so that the rifle either shoots nothing or Wile E.