Sylvester the Cat is in Guadalupe ((presumably the one in Baja) chasing mice. He is singularly ineffectual at it: not only is he unable to catch any mice, they routinely whack him over the head with two-by-fours. After seeing a storybook on a stand in the square, Sylvester hits on an idea. He dresses up as the Pied Piper, and, after taking music lessons, uses a flute to lure the mice out of their mouse holes and into his jug. This works brilliantly on all the mice — except for Speedy Gonzales, the fastest mouse in all Mexico. Speedy, who is immune, then has to defeat Sylvester and rescue his mice brethren.
- Ash Face: Sylvester is hiding in a barrel, about to throw a stick of dynamite. Speedy sees this and starts rolling the barrel, which then tumbles down a long set of stairs — onto a sleeping bulldog. Cue explosion, cue Ash Face on both Sylvester and the bulldog, cue Sylvester taking a beating.
- Badass Boast: Speedy asks for all his mice friends back, and says "if you don't give them back, I will take them." He does.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: One of the mice carries a "Loco El Gato" sign. While this does technically translate as "Crazy Cat" it's incorrect in that, in Spanish, adjectives are supposed to come after the noun they're modifying. (So technically, the sign was saying "Crazy. Cat." as if they were seperate concepts, or worse "Crazy. The Cat.") The sign should have said "El gato loco", or, even better "¡El gato está loco!" ("The cat is crazy!") or "¡Qué gato tan loco!" ("That cat was crazy!").
- Immune to Mind Control: Speedy shows no sensitivity to Sylvester's magic flute playing. Maybe because he's the smartest mouse in all Mexico as well as the fastest. (This gets averted later on, though.)
- Magical Flutist: Sylvester's flute playing puts all the mice except for Speedy into a trance.
- Off-into-the-Distance Ending: Ends with Speedy walking off into the distance playing his flute, and Sylvester painfully and involuntarily dancing off into the distance thanks to the flute.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Of the six mice whom Sylvester captures, only four are shown being rescued by Speedy on camera. Its pretty easy to assume Speedy saves the last two offscreen, seeing as how leaving his friends behind is something he would never do.