"Rabbitson Crusoe" is a 1956 Looney Tunes cartoon directed by Friz Freleng and featuring Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam. In this parody of Daniel Defoe's famous novel, Robinson Crusoe, Sam is in the titular role: a shipwreck survivor forced to inhabit a tiny island with nothing but coconuts to eat and constantly having his life endangered by the presence of a man-eating shark named Dopey Dick that prowls the shore.
When he spots fellow castaway Bugs drifting out at sea, Sam senses an opportunity to have rabbit stew for a change. Bugs, of course, will have none of it.
"Rabbitson Crusoe" provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Of "Robinson Crusoe".
- All Animals Are Dogs: Whenever Sam beats back at Dopey Dick, the shark retreats while yelping like a dog. Also, Sam tries to distract Dick with a bone, which Dick goes after.
- Big "SHUT UP!": When Bugs tries to warn Sam about an incoming tidal wave, Sam ignores him with the command, "SHADDUP AND START SIMMERIN'!"
- Deserted Island: The setting of the cartoon obviously.
- Giant Wall of Watery Doom: Bugs sees a tidal wave coming toward the island and tries to warn Sam, but Sam, thinking it's just a trick of Bugs to escape, ignores him until it's too late, whereupon the wave does indeed make the island disappear.Bugs: Holy carrot sticks! The island's gone!
- Oh, Crap!: Bugs has a rather sickly reaction when he learns that he is the rabbit that Sam intends to eat.
- Also, Sam laughs evilly when he sees he's about to get Bugs on the ship, but his laugh trails off into a groan when Bugs opens the hatch, revealing the shark Sam is about to face as he lowers down into the hatch.
- Robinsonade: With Yosemite Sam taking the role of the shipwrecked man. Naturally, he's the antagonist.
- Super-Persistent Predator: Dopey Dick, if what Sam has to say is any indication after the shark tries again to get him:Sam: Twenty years tryin' and ya missed me again, ya shovel-nosed mackerel! No-good bushwhackin' barracuda!
- Threatening Shark: Don't let Dopey Dick's silly appearance fool you — he is still a threat.