Stuck between two pipes
(well) Guess I'll keep on gaming
For the rest of my life
The main part of his channel is the game reviews, which are played out live like a mini-Let's Play. He usually ends up hating them. However, he also has other series, like his "Ask Goomba" Q&As and his "Goomba Gripes" rants, where everything is inexplicably made of paper. He has also done collaborative videos with Gaijin Goombah and It's a Dog and Game, among others.
Starting with his Club Penguin review, all of his videos began to form a continous arc, each of which are called "worlds":
- "World 1": On what starts out as a usual set of reviews goes sour when Goomba recieves a letter that says that Mario is going to kill him for never returning his Game Boy Advance. Thankfully at the eve of his battle, Goomba from the future comes back in time to save him, only to discover that his future self is going to kill him.
- "World 2": Managing to save himself from being assassinated by his future self, Goomba uses the time machine to go back in time right at the point where he originally found the Game Boy. He then shatters it into pieces. Relieved that his future will no longer be wasted on playing terrible games, Goomba calmly disappears from existence now his timeline now gone. Goomba wakes up in a mysterious void where Mr. Blizzard, now as a bodiless voice tells him the truth. Goomba is actually in a coma. In reality, Mario had already fought and nearly killed Goomba. All of his time travel adventures were All Just a Dream. He then immediately wakes up to see several snifits dressed in white closing in on him.
- "World 3": The snifits are revealed to just be medical workers. As it turns out, Goomba is in the hospital wing of Bowser's Castle. Kamek, curious about Goomba's usefulness as a minion, gives him a test to prove his value. Goomba manages to score with flying colors and is promoted to Bowser's personal chef. Goomba isn't aware that he has no experience in cooking and doesn't even realize that playing a Cooking Mama game wont make him better at it. Due to this, Goomba quite literally feeds shit to Bowser, prompting him to be Eaten Alive.
His channel can be found here.
His videos provide examples of:
- Aborted Arc: Parodied. His Super Mario Bros. Movie review suddenly ends with a "Too Be Continued" that's never followed up on.
- All Just a Dream: As it turns out, all of the events during World 2 was just a dream. In reality, Mario beat the ever loving crap out of Goomba and has been since stuck in a coma at Bowser's castle's hospital wing.
- Art Evolution: The animation and artstyle became less crude and more refined over time. Lampshaded when he mentions having additional talking animations.
- The Bus Came Back: Somewhat. Mr. Blizzard's voice returns as the Goomba's conscious during his Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter review. Goomba immediately lampshades this.
- The Cameo: Mario makes small appearances in some of his intros and Ask Goomba videos.
- Compensating for Something: Thinks Bowser is when he sees the Skewers in New Super Mario Bros..
- The Ghost(s): Pretty much all of the main Mario characters make no on-screen appearances save for a few cameos by Mario.
- Hammerspace: He can fit a surprisingly large amount of things in between the pipes, and it appears only when necessary.
- Hypocritical Humor: A couple from his Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex review; both times, it cuts back to the 2D-animated Goomba as he notes something:
No one wants to see poorly-animated minions whinge about Crash Bandicoot for twenty minutes, mate. They've got better things to do with their time.
- His comment on the poorly-animated opening cutscene:
An absolute beast of a boss is now reduced to this: walking slowly side-to-side, for the rest of his life. Pfft, what a loser!
- Later, after noting how Tiny Tiger went from a boss in the second and third games to a moving obstacle in the ball levels in Wrath of Cortex:
- Rule of Funny: Isn't afraid to make up New Rules as the Plot Demands for the sake of this.
- Running Gag: In his earlier videos he had a habit of saying "I'm on to you, cloud!" to which a cloud made a run for it. Gagged when he eventually says he needs to stop saying that.
- Series Fauxnale: The Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time review.
- Shared Universe: With Gaijin Goombah.
- Status Quo Is God: Goomba has actually gotten out of the two pipes in some of the specials, but always winds up back there at the end, much to his dismay.
- Subverted with him finally gettting the Nintendo Ds in his Mystical Ninja: Goemon review.
- Subverted again, as of his Trauma Center review, he has officially left the two pipes for good.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Defied in his first Goomba Gripes video, where he specifically tells viewers this is only a side series because he knows they get upset when YouTubers try something new.
- Vocal Evolution: Sounds a lot more subdued and deep in his older videos, similar to Chuggaaconroy.