Stuck between two pipes
(well) Guess I'll keep on gaming note
For the rest of my life
The main part of his channel is the game reviews, which are played out live like a mini-Let's Play. He usually ends up hating them. However, he also has other series, like his "Ask Goomba" Q&As and his "Goomba Gripes" rants, where everything is inexplicably made of paper. He has also done collaborative videos with Gaijin Goombah and It's a Dog and Game, among others.
Starting with his Club Penguin review, all of his videos began to form a continous arc, each of which are called "worlds":
- "World 1": On what starts out as a usual set of reviews goes sour when Goomba recieves a letter that says that Mario is going to kill him for never returning his Game Boy Advance. Thankfully at the eve of his battle, Goomba from the future comes back in time to save him, only to discover that his future self is going to kill him.
- "World 2": Managing to save himself from being assassinated by his future self, Goomba uses the time machine to go back in time right at the point where he originally found the Game Boy. He then shatters it into pieces. Relieved that his future will no longer be wasted on playing terrible games, Goomba calmly disappears from existence now his timeline now gone. Goomba wakes up in a mysterious void where Mr. Blizzard, now as a bodiless voice tells him the truth. Goomba is actually in a coma. In reality, Mario had already fought and nearly killed Goomba. All of his time travel adventures were All Just a Dream. He then immediately wakes up to see several snifits dressed in white closing in on him.
- "World 3": The snifits are revealed to just be medical workers. As it turns out, Goomba is in the hospital wing of Bowser's Castle. Kamek, curious about Goomba's usefulness as a minion, gives him a test to prove his value. Goomba manages to score with flying colors and is promoted to Bowser's personal chef. Goomba isn't aware that he has no experience in cooking and doesn't even realize that playing a Cooking Mama game wont make him better at it. Due to this, Goomba quite literally feeds shit to Bowser, prompting him to be demoted to his original position exactly where he started out.
His channel can be found here.
His videos provide examples of:
- Aborted Arc: Parodied. His Super Mario Bros. Movie review suddenly ends with a "To Be Continued" that's never followed up on, likely as a jab at the Super Mario Bros. movie for a cliffhanger that's never followed up on.
- All Just a Dream: As it turns out, all of the events during World 2 was just a dream. In reality, Mario beat the ever loving crap out of Goomba and has been since stuck in a coma at Bowser's castle's hospital wing.
- Anal Probing:
- His review of the South Park Game Boy game starts with him getting abducted by aliens and waking up the next morning with the game sticking out of his ass.
- He thinks the aliens who abduct him at the start of his E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial review are going to probe him and he claims not to have an anus.
- Art Evolution: The animation and artstyle became less crude and more refined over time. Lampshaded when he mentions having additional talking animations.
- Boss Arena Idiocy: He wonders why Bowser keeps building castles surrounded by and filled with lava if it kills him.
- The Bus Came Back: Somewhat. Mr. Blizzard's voice returns as the Goomba's conscious during his Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter review. Goomba immediately lampshades this.
- The Cameo: Mario makes small appearances in some of his intros and Ask Goomba videos.
- Compensating for Something: Thinks Bowser is when he sees the Skewers in New Super Mario Bros..
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: When playing SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, he argued that Plankton could make more money selling his robots than in fast food.
- The Ghost(s): Pretty much all of the main Mario characters make no on-screen appearances save for a few cameos by Mario.
- Hammerspace: He can fit a surprisingly large amount of things in between the pipes, and it appears only when necessary.
- Hypocritical Humor: A couple from his Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex review; both times, it cuts back to the 2D-animated Goomba as he notes something:
No one wants to see poorly-animated minions whinge about Crash Bandicoot for twenty minutes, mate. They've got better things to do with their time.
- His comment on the poorly-animated opening cutscene:
An absolute beast of a boss is now reduced to this: walking slowly side-to-side, for the rest of his life. Pfft, what a loser!
- Later, after noting how Tiny Tiger went from a boss in the second and third games to a moving obstacle in the ball levels in Wrath of Cortex:
- I Heard That: At the end of his The Mario Problem Goomba Gripes video, guest star Haedox says he's glad he didn't mention Nintendo's over use of Toad in recent Mario games to which the Lonely Goomba quotes this trope.
- Rule of Funny: Isn't afraid to make up New Rules as the Plot Demands for the sake of this.
- Running Gag: In his earlier videos he had a habit of saying "I'm on to you, cloud!" to which a cloud made a run for it. Gagged when he eventually says he needs to stop saying that.
- Sarcasm Mode: Goomba does this all the time.
- Series Fauxnale: The Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time review.
- Shared Universe: With Gaijin Goombah.
- Spoof Aesop: Due to a Product Placement deal with Chupa Chups in his Zool review, he tries to convince children that fruit and vegetables are poisonous.
- Status Quo Is God: Goomba has actually gotten out of the two pipes in some of the specials, but always winds up back there at the end, much to his dismay.
- Subverted with him finally gettting the Nintendo Ds in his Mystical Ninja: Goemon review.
- Subverted again, as of his Trauma Center review, he has officially left the two pipes for good.
- Subverted AGAIN, as as soon as the series is rebooted, he's back between the two pipes.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Defied in his first Goomba Gripes video, where he specifically tells viewers this is only a side series because he knows they get upset when YouTubers try something new.
- Vocal Evolution: Sounds a lot more subdued and deep in his older videos, similar to Chuggaaconroy.
- What Measure Is a Mook?: He gets very annoyed at goombas casually being killed in video games.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?;