Once upon a time, back when the Internet as we know it was still in diapers, a madman named Eric Fensler took 25 old public service announcements from the 80's G.I. Joe cartoon and turned them into subversive comedy genius. Needless to say, they went memetic.
All of them can be viewed on this YouTube channel. Alternatively, Jose the Bronx Rican created and released a DVD "remaster" by hand-editing the original PSA's (from their own DVD release) and adding Fensler's audio. In any case, they really have to be seen to be believed.
- Badass Baritone: "Ooooooooooooohh!"
- Berserk Button?
- Camp Gay - "Look at all your different colored hats!"
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Curse Cut Short - SHIIIIIIIIIIII-
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Stop all the donwloadin!
- Gag Dub
- Glorified Sperm Donor - "I believe I knew your mother, son."
- Gratuitous Japanese - PSA #23 seems to be made entirely out of a basic Japanese tape. Also, GEE WARA TASHI FU SUKURUUUUUU.
- "Nice catch, blanco niño note , but too bad your ass got saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked".
- Immediate Self-Contradiction: "Give him the stick...DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!"
- Jive Turkey - "It's just ee freezy steps: just flip it, stick it, and see-ya-latah-bye!"
- London Gangster: Snow Job tries to comes off as one of these in "Ice", talking in an aggressive Cockney accent. Doubles as a Cluster F-Bomb.Snow Job: Hey, what the fuck are you kids doin' on my fuckin' lawn? And don't look at me when I'm fuckin' talking to you. Get that kid off my ice, you little wankers. A'right, give 'im the stick - DON'T GIVE 'IM THE STICK!
- Manipulative Editing - Fensler was able to take a kid passing out and turn it into a break dance.
- Mind Screw
- Mouth Flaps - Made fun of in the very first one.
- Overly Long Gag - One, two, ............ three: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
- Shout-Out - PSA #12 to Sega Rally Championship's infamous Game Over screen.
I just wanna ride my MOOOOOOooooooooootorcicle!!
- Towards an Arlo Guthrie song in #14:
- Skewed Priorities: Snow Job's first impulse when seeing a group of children trying to save their friend who fell onto a frozen pond is to berate them for trespassing.
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: "Soccer news" dubs news broadcast-esque readings of unrelated tragedies for the Joe's dialogue note .
- Spoof Aesop: PSI# 17: If you play hooky, you'll be forced into a fridge by a stereotypical Australian man while he gibbers incomprehensibly.
- Standard Snippet: The Joe's dialogue in "Soccer News" is the second segue from the album Exodus by New Power Generation - and that same audio also appears in "Daily News" by Chamillionaire, the episode "Ballad of the Fallen Angels" from Cowboy Bebop, the Spin Doctors' song "What Time is it", in the track "Gift" in Shenmue 2, and in Megadeth's song "The Scorpion".
- The Unintelligible - Deep Six, due to his Buzz Lightyear-esque head dome.
- Also the firefighters in #6
- The Australian man's dialogue in 17 rapidly turns into gibberish, though he talks normally at the beginning.
- Endorsed by National Fenslerfilm Council