Originally a Steam group dedicated to Warhammer 40,000 based games and the love of Indrick Boreale it eventually evolved into a fictional Marine Chapter in the 40k verse. The group has since gone under many changes, while previously embracing the memery that came with the original subject matter, several veteran members of the group have since attempted to try and weed out the general absurdity and insanity that has been plaguing it.
The Legion itself is little more than a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits, though.
Alfabusa has also started a web series called If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device. The premise is exactly how it sounds, except the Emperor is foul-mouthed and an enormous, if well-meaning, jerk. Due to the show taking off so well Alfabusa has moved on from the Alfa Legion, giving the legion a send-off in the final minutes of episode 26 part 2 of If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Karl's grinder. It goes on vacations apparently.
- Badass Biker: The 3rd Company fills this trope when not using Chapter Serfs as Cannon Fodder. Larry also falls into this trope.
- Badass Cape: The majority of the Captains wear some sort of cape, though Chapter Master Alfabusa's cape made of fur quite appropriately takes the cake.
- Badass Longcoat: Lord Commissar Captain Wolffe, the second part is a given as he is a Commissar. The first is a given because he's a Commissar that's also a Captain of a Space Marine company through certain circumstances.
- Badass Normal: The Swedesian PDF, and the many normal humans that make up their ranks.
- Bar Brawl: Happens so alarmingly often it's considered odd if their isn't one daily.
- Bears Are Bad News:
- The Isbern of Swedesia. The Alfa Legion often ride them into battle in a similar manner to Space Wolf Thunder Wolf Cavalry.
- The Bearsterminatus takes this trope, and runs with it beyond the ends of the universe!
- BFS: Some of the officers are want to carry one of these.
- Big Brother Is Watching: The Ordo Alfus, the branch of the Inquisition that is in charge of watching over the borderline heretical Legion.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Karl the Deranged has a spatula for a hand.
- Blood Knight: The Alfa Legion's reasoning for a planetary invasion? Because that's what they do when they're bored.
- Call a Rabbit a "Smeerp": The Isbern (Polar Bears), and the Mamuth (Mammoths). Both native wildlife to the icy landscape of Swedesia.
- Chef of Iron: Karl the Deranged. Can be expected from a cook wearing Terminator Armour and who has a golden spatula for a hand.
- Combat Pragmatist: The Legion firmly believes that anything that CAN be used to destroy the enemies of the Emperor, they SHOULD. This may or may not result in unusual alliances, white lying and of course ignoring the Codex Astartes at every given opportunity
- Crippling Overspecialisation: The 9th Company is practically unstoppable in ship-to-ship combat. On land, they become so incompetent they are considered a hindrance.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: This is a good way to describe the Legion, they are quite eccentric, yet have brought glory to the Emperor on more than one campaign through the use of unorthodox tactics.
- Death from Above: The main specialty of the 11th company. Also applies to Admiral Burke if he declares Ramming Speed
- Horny Vikings: Many members of the Legion fill this trope, due to the influence of the Space Wolves, and the natural tendencies of the Swedakiins.
- Insane Troll Logic: A good portion of Alfa Legion plans will work on this.
- It's Raining Men: The tactic of STEEHL REHN, a favored tactic of Spiritual Liege Indrick Boreale.
- Killed Off for Real: In Episode 26 Part 2 of If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device, the Legion returns at the end, summoned into a trap by a mysterious figure. Alfabusa prepares to lead the Legion against the forces only to get brutally killed by Magnus the Red, who offers the rest the chance to join Alfa's soul in the box. They enthusiastically accept (by which I mean they don't fight him at all and just gleefully let him kill them all).ThunderPsyker: Yeah alright, sure.Dr White: Yeah, count me in, gov.Earndil: Jeeze, it took you this long to do this? Eh, sure.The Fresh Sorcerer: KILL ME, DADDY!
- However, two marines were seen to walk away from the pile of corpses, their fate and whereabouts unknown.
- Older Than Dirt: Karl was brought into existence during the big bang. He has appeared all over human history from the ancient mongols to being the villain in Quest for Camelot.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: The 9th Company commander, Captain 'Bald Admiral' Burke, once rammed nine Emperor Class Battle Ships into a planet just to kill one Chaos Marine.
- MST: The Fresh Sorcerer, as contracted by Karl, occasionally reads truly terrible Warhammer fan fiction, pointing out the many flaws with logic, reasoning, and lore along the way, then goes to drown his sorrows from having laid eyes upon it in crack and bitches.
- Prematurely Bald: Astartes Pattern baldness is widespread among the legion, with some exceptions such as Disco Sergeant Garrot and Sigvard Steel.
- Ramming Always Works: The 9th Companies default strategy.
- Sapient Tank: Kiwi appears to be a sapient Leman Russ Battle Tank with googly eyes and a smile on the turret.
- Sticky Fingers: The Legion's specialty is kleptomania. Just like the Blood Ravens.
- Tank Goodness: The Legion has at least 3 companies dedicated entirely to this trope in some way or another.