One Night Stand is a visual novel released as part of NaNoRenO 2016 by developer Kinmoku.
After a drunken night out, you awaken with a foggy memory and confusion as to where you are. This place doesn't look familiar. Looking down, you realize that you're completely naked. Looking to your right, you notice a sleeping female.
Well, something certainly happened last night.
Over the short length of the game, your actions will determine your future relationship with said girl as you learn more about her and just what exactly happened last night.
One Night Stand provides examples of:
- The All-Concealing "I": The Player Character doesn't get a name by default, but you can be prompted to input one depending on your choices.
- Backstory: You can find out more about Robin by exploring the room while she's gone.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: One of the reasons Robin goes home with you is because you provided her comfort in her time of need.
- Bedmate Reveal: One of the first scenes in the game.
- Bittersweet Ending: The best ending has you part on good terms with Robin but you can't remember your encounter with her and she doesn't want to date.
- Broken Aesop: The best way to avoid humiliating Robin (well, to keep her from being more humiliated than she already is, anyway) is go through her wallet or look at her laptop while she's in the bathroom so you can find out her name. Subverted if you either remain honest when she discovers you don't remember her name, to which she will be quite (if embarrassedly) sympathetic because she doesn't remember your name either, or if you call her by the wrong name, which is naturally a very bad idea.
- The Cutie: Robin is a pretty cute young lady. She's smart, beautiful, and a total sweetie.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Rather unfortunate as Robin seems like a nice enough girl but isn't comfortable trying for a second date.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: If you bring up the guitar, you have the potential to end the game on a sweet note.
- Friends with Benefits: Defied; Robin explicitly states that (in the "just friends" ending) she doesn't want this.
- Gamer Chick: Robin is implied to be this, as you can find gaming magazines while exploring her room.
- Hidden Depths: As explained in Backstory and Gamer Chick, you can find out a lot more about Robin by exploring the room.
- Introduction by Hookup: The Game.
- Instant Humiliation: Just Add YouTube!: Occurs if you choose to take a photo of Robin while she's sleeping to prove to Gary you did get lucky. A friend sends her the photo shortly after, and it spreads all around Facebook.
- Jerkass: Gary, one of the Player Character's friends, is not the nicest guy around. He calls bullshit on what you tell him, is implied to be the guy who stood Robin up, and will post the nude picture you can potentially send him to back up what you were saying to him on Facebook.
- Just Friends: A possible ending involves you and Robin agreeing to be friends...but nothing more than that.
- Luck-Based Mission: Escaping through the locked front door involves finding the key, which is located next to it in one of four places. The game selects the correct one randomly the moment the Player Character steps into the hallway, meaning that making a getaway before Robin catches him trying to leave without a word of goodbye is a matter of luck... unless you remembered that helpful save icon in the corner of the screen.
- Modesty Bedsheet: In the Bedmate Reveal shot, the blanket obscures her naked bottom from your view.
- Multiple Endings: You can either piss off Robin to the point where she asks you to leave, you can end up as just friends, or you can just leave of your own volition.
- Nice Girl: Robin. She is a total sweetheart; kind, smart, and beautiful to boot. Too bad you couldn't meet under better circumstances.
- Not Staying for Breakfast: Entirely up to you; in fact, you can choose to leave as soon as you get out of bed. Or you can, you know, show some kindness.
- Panty Thief: You have the option to be this. You can even wear them. Poor Robin's reaction is priceless:
- Precision F-Strike: When Robin catches you wearing her underwear, she'll drop the F-bomb.
- Reality Ensues: Robin is beautiful, sweet, intelligent, and really not comfortable dating the guy she slept with in order to feel better about being stood up.
- Sex for Solace: The other reason Robin goes home with you (besides the one covered under Because You Were Nice to Me) is because she feels humiliation at being stood up by someone.
- Sexy Shirt Switch: The first time you see Robin (well, from the front, anyway), she is wearing nothing but a shirt and some panties.
- Shout-Out: If Robin asks the Player Character in which bar did he go to with his friends, he can answer "The Stray Sheep".
- Stood Up: This happens to Robin, attempting to meet a guy over a dating app. This is also where the player character swings in, helping her as she feels down after being stood up. It's very possible she was your friend's date. It's later confirmed that you were the one who convinced him to ditch her.
- Video Game Caring Potential: You can be a total sweetie towards Robin, if you choose to be. However...
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Feel free to send a nude picture of her to a "friend" of yours who will then post it on Facebook. Or you can just be a straight-up douchebag.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Part of the main plot of the game. Robin is able to help you put some pieces together, but some parts remain a mystery.
- Wrong Name Outburst: It's possible to deduce Robin's name wrong and call her "Louise", which is an instant landmine because that name only appears on a document in her wallet and Robin will figure out that you went through it without permission.