Alluna the blonde, and Brie the redheadAlluna and Brie
is an RPG spinoff of Max's Big Bust: A Captain Nekorai Tale
by Lached Up Games, released in April 2019. You play as Brie, a magical girl with the power to summon magical grilled cheese sandwiches, as she and her companions, most of whom appeared in Max's Big Bust
, fight their way through the armies of Queen PryScilla, who is attempting to take over the world. Much hilarity and hijinks ensue.
This game provides examples of:
- Better Than a Bare Bulb: Loves lampshading all the absurdities that go on throughout the game.
- Blank White Eyes: A regular occurrence for both Alluna and Brie, usually occuring when they're surprised or thinking "wtf?"
- Bonus Boss: Five in total:
- One you can access anytime by feeding him enough is Hubert the duck, who is level 100.
- You can also fight three different bonus bosses at the ACYC, once you get far enough into the story. They are Martin S. Ghoulie, S.E.R.A., and Lori.
- The last one is from the non-canon bonus chapter, where you fight disco-bot Captain Nekorai. It's just as strange as it sounds.
- Cutting Off the Branches: Basically says that Brad was Max's love interest in Max's Big Bust, and that they ended up on bad terms for a while.
- Elemental Powers: Fire, water, earth, lightning, light, and darkness powers are all available, along with raw magic and raw physical damage.
- Failed a Spot Check: Eldoris missed a cave where a bunch of mages were hiding, that happened to be right behind her main staging ground. As Lori explains, she's powerful, not smart.
- Gay Option: Inverted. There are ten possible love interests for Brie, but only one is actually male.
- Genie in a Bottle: The entire party, plus Lori, gets trapped in a magic lamp as genies over Christmas. They get out by heating up Holly enough to evaporate via an offscreen lesbian orgy.
- The Goomba: The earliest and weakest enemies you face are the crab-like takokani. They're also unique amongst enemies in that they lack human features, unlike most other foes you face.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: Zig-zagged and handwaved. Food you eat in battle does not increase the hunger meter, while food you eat outside battle does. The game's explanation for this is simple: "food you eat in battle contains no calories."
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Said many, many times, usually in response to embarrassing or ridiculous incidents.
- Magical Girl: Alluna and Brie are both magical girls. Alluna has light magic, while Brie, well, she can summon grilled cheese sandwiches at will and that's about it.
- Mermaid Problem: Discussed after the first Mermaid Spikers match. As Alluna points out, mermaids have nipples and navels, which suggests that they give birth to live young, but they don't have any genitals or, more worryingly to Brie, butts.
- Mirror Match: In the explicitly non-canon bonus chapter, you fight beta artwork versions of Alluna, Brie, Evelyn, and Victoria, who are all part of your party.
- Narm: An in-universe Show Within a Show example. As part of the three-heart outing with Alluna, Brie watches a romance movie that is supposed to be very good. The problem is, the male protagonist of the movie is killed by a very slowly descending hot air balloon that he should have had plenty of time to get out of the way of while making his love confession at the end. This has Alluna laughing at what's supposed to be a dramatic, heartwrenching scene.
- Noodle Implements: Pandarai defeats Ellie's second crab mech offscreen with nothing but a cricket bat and a pair of thongs.
- Right Hand Vs Left Hand: If you pursue Natara's romance path, you end up on a police raid to take down a MinX smuggling ring, only to find your sting targeted another sting by the same police department. Your sting was planned by Nekorai, while the other was planned by Pandarai, who apparently didn't read Nekorai's emails about his planned sting. Much hilarity and facepalming ensues.
- Still Believes in Santa: Max, who happens to be a ditzy idiot (if a really good cop), reveals that she still believes that Santa brings presents every Christmas Eve while trapped in a magic lamp over Christmas. When everyone else points out that Santa doesn't exist, Max is devastated.
- Villain Forgot to Level Grind: Very near the end of the game, you fight Eldoris, who you defeated near the beginning of the game, and probably defeat her in a single stroke, because she had spent the last six months in the basement of LiCastro Manor doing nothing but watching movies and eating. This is lampshaded to hell and back, of course.
- Welcome to Hell: Brie says this to Natara when she gets trapped in a magic lamp with Brie and a number of other characters.