Dove as a troper:
- These tropes, along with their laconics, page quotes, page images, and image captions, where applicable:
- Big Storm Episode: After watching the episode "Proteus" from Person of Interest about a week after watching the Hawaii Five-0 episode "Kai e'e," inspiration struck.
- Not So Remote: The original sponsor abandoned it. Dove renamed it, fleshed it out, and saw it through to launch.
- "Rear Window" Homage: Saw one in both Due South and Person of Interest within about two weeks of each other and decided there should be a page for that.
- Stubborn Hair: Dove herself let the page fall by the wayside despite babysitting it through to five hats because she took a TV Tropes hiatus for several months. She got over her angst about any similarities with Hair Reboot in the interim and launched the page upon her return.
- Transflormation: ForminaSage came to the Lost and Found looking for plant transformations. Whipped up a YKTTW and it got five hats in less than 24 hours.
- These page images and their captions and/or their page quotes:
- Altar Diplomacy: Had to cut together some screencaps to make a three-part collage because Lythande really wanted something showing the flags.
- Flexsplosion: There's a flexplosion-based duel in Castle In The Sky. The screenshot was perfect.
- Hassle-Free Hotwire: The existing quote and image were both about a difficult hotwire rather than a hassle-free hotwire, and most fictional examples of hotwiring only get screentime when they're difficult or impossible; eventually I figured out that hotwiring is really easy in GTA IV and went from there.
- It's Personal with the Dragon: Since Vader is the ultimate Dragon, it seemed only fitting to use him for this page as well. The screenshot started out pretty dark, though — his all-black silhouette may be difficult to see now, but before being run through Photoshop, the whole image was like that.
- You Shall Not Pass!: The quote-picking threat vetoed the previous page quote, which was just Gandalf's trope-naming lines from the movie, and requested something more indicative. A perfect poem was just waiting to be mined from the bottom of the lit section.
Known Troping Hopes
This section exists mostly because watchlisting YKTTWs is impossible.
- Has assumed responsibility the following YKTTWs with an eye to launching them:
- About-Face Fortress (born of query from Lyner that quickly turned into an enthusiastic debate between Dove and SolipSchism.)
- Behavioral Conditioning (original sponsor posted this several years ago, someone bumped it, and Dove realized it needed a complete overhaul)
- "Don't Call Me That" Backfire (sponsor hasn't been seen since original draft; Dove revamped the description, reformatted everything, and found a host of related tropes)
- Princess Lessons (the original sponsor may come back, as it's only been a few days, but Dove renamed the trope, revamped the description, and added all of the current examples while they were gone.)
- Plans are in motion to adopt or otherwise rescue these:
- Maaaay attempt to salvage these fixer-uppers at some point:
- Absurdly Specific Book Title (eroock noticed there were three similar YKTTWs like this that could be combined.)
- Fanon Immigrant (This got no love, but this is SO COMMON in fanfic that should the opportunity arise to rescue the YKTTW, there would be ample material in Dove's Ao3 bookmarks collection)
- Camp Wackyname (original sponsor never bothered to add in examples and hasn't been seen in several months.)
- Only Packed for Plan B (Dove proposed it, but it's probably Too Rare To Trope; it got no love.)
- Would like to personally illustrate something on the List of Pages Artists Can Illustrate.
Known Troping Tropes
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Noticeable in her attempts at naming YKTTWs as well as her word choice in examples themselves.
- Entry Pimp: For her various adopted YKTTWs as well as live trope pages.
- Good Old Ways: Fell in love with TVTropes at a young age, but was largely out of the picture for a great many reforms, and consequently gets confused on the regular by the newer "clearer" names of tropes like Truffaut Was Right, Bugs Meany Is Gonna Walk, and Thirty Xanatos Pileup.
- Grammar Nazi: Many edits will be things like removing a single comma or inserting a single apostrophe.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Love 'em.
- The Nicknamer: So far there's Skizz and Dal. More to follow.
- Serial Tweaker: Many more edits will be things like changing an adequate adjective to a slightly more
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Not as big of an issue as the grammar thing or the tweaking thing, but definitely crops up.
- Stealth Pun: Love 'em even more.
- CUPS: the Cool Unearthed Pictures Society: Trope titles are less important than the images.
- FORKS: the Friends Of Really Kool Sobriquet: Trope names should be as witty as possible, whether or not they make any obvious sense.
Known Troping Preferences
- Gets a kick out of making sure pages are alphabetized properly.
- Consequently likes to format examples by offsetting the work name with a colon rather than burying the lede in the text of the example itself.
- Prefers Ask the Tropers to the forums.
- Aspires to be a YKTTW Midwife.
Known Fan Tendencies
- Archive Binger: Often more than once with the same archive, actually. Especially Gunnerkrigg Court, Goblins, and The Order of the Stick.
- Reads a seriously worrying amount of Slash Fic.
- Has consumed a varied and diverse bevy of media, yet can usually be seen pimping these in particular:
Dove in general:
- Artist Disillusionment: Professional graphic designer with dreams of becoming a Sequential Artist.
- Art Nouveau: A perennial favorite.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: One of the primarily-inattentive girls who slipped through the cracks undiagnosed until early adulthood.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Hates being wrong and thus spends tons of time researching things.
- Forgets to Eat: Sometimes because of the ADHD itself and sometimes because of the ADHD medication.
- Hollywood Atheist: According to some.
- The Insomniac: Wrote this example at 3 AM. It's a thing.
- Ms. Exposition: Gets even worse when it's past midnight.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Forever and ever, amen.
- Super-Speed Reading: A somewhat unusual skill for an ADHD person, but very handy.
- Sweet Tooth: Of the chocoholic variety.