- Actor Allusion: Fubuki Tenjouin/Atticus Rhodes isn't the first character associated with Red and Black that Koji Yusa and Jason Griffith have both voiced. Similarly, Dr. Allbert Zweinstein is played by Takeshi Aono, and guess who else he played? note
- Anime First: Also, it's the first original Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series.
- Blooper: In episode 143, The Supreme King uses "Dark Calling" against O'Brien/Axel, fusing "Elemental Hero Burstintrix" from his hand and "Elemental Hero Clayman" from his graveyard to fusion summon "Evil Hero Infernal Sniper". The problem is, at no point prior is The Supreme King shown actually sending "Clayman" to the graveyard, or even sending an unspecified card to the graveyard that might have been "Clayman".
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Both Sho and Johan are voiced by female seiyuus in the Japanese version.
- Executive Meddling: Both the anime and the manga had the tail end of the series rushed due to the execs wanting to push out the newer Yu-Gi-Oh! series (5Ds and ZEXAL respectively).
- Fake Brit: Bastion Misawa in the dub.
- Vellian Crowler leans towards this, but has more of a mid-Atlantic accent associated with Ivy League professors. In Japanese he was actually Italian.
- Lyman Banner is a Fake German in the dub.
- Fandom Nod: Apparently, LittleKuriboh writes the dub.
- Fan Nickname: Misawa's earned the nickname of "Floating Duel Disk" in some circles, as apparently his underuse has made him completely invisible.
- Courtesy of LittleKuriboh, Titan is The Undertaker.
- Name's the Same: Juudai's two female classmates, Rei and Asuka.
- No Export for You: The fourth season has never been dubbed or released on DVD outside Japan.
- Seasons 2-3 have never been aired in Finland, even though the first season was aired in Finland. Then again, the original Duel Monsters series has never been aired in Finland either.
- The Other Darrin:
- She Also Did: Jasmine's English voice actress, Suzanne Goldish, would also go on to direct a few anime dubs with the L.A-based Studiopolis, including Bleach (episodes 268-366), K, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Tiger & Bunny, and Sailor Moon (2014 re-dub).
- Matthew Labyorteaux, Jaden's voice actor in the English dub, had previously done quite a bit of acting work outside of voice acting, his most well-known role being Albert Quinn Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie.
- Star-Making Role: The anime happens to be KENN's debut and breakout role.
- What Could Have Been: Yu-Gi-Oh! VS. GX was a canceled movie that would have pit Yugi against Jaden. A lot of its plot points were incorporated into the second season - most obviously, the Domino Field Trip miniarc.
- The director for GX had wanted to have Jaden and Alexis be together by show's end, but said they wrote themselves into a corner with Yubel and had no way to reconcile it. Thus, the two remained as Just Friends.
- The Wiki Rule: The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki, its forked site, Yugipedia, and a Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Wiki.
Trivia / Yu-Gi-Oh! GX