- Acting for Two:
- Colbert Bump:
- Fandom Life Cycle: Stage 2 at the moment, though with its debut on the EVO main stage, it's on track to hit Stage 3.
- Fan Nickname:
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": Both of the Guest Fighters, as there had not been a Melty Blood or Akatsuki game released overseas at the time Exe:Late was released in western countries.note
- No Dub for You: It ultimately took an appearance in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle for the characters to get a dub, with the exception of the 7 characters who never made it in the game.
- The Other Darrin: Rather than Rio Natsuki voicing for Eltnum just like her Melty Blood counterpart, Satomi Akesaka takes over instead.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Yuuki Kaji, Yoshitsugu Matsuoka and Saori Hayami would go on to reprise their respective anime characters in the later French Bread-developed fighting game with the same type of HD engine, Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Satomi Akesaka along with one other person also narrate the official character tutorials for said game.
- Chaos himself has several:
- He and Orie while they've fought each other in the chronicle mode, let's just say the former has unrequited feelings for the latter. Orie also has Londrekia and Hyde as fellow classmates (the latter even outside of their universe).
- Both Chaos and Wagner are supreme chefs duking it out with orgasmic food, with the latter being a meat expert. Seth also annoys Chaos by calling him "Yuki-chin" all the time in that same series.
- Chaos has gotten himself in a loop with Phonon as one love interest out of a few. Londrekia on the other hand is just minding himself as someone else's cousin.
- Chaos even ended up with Londrekia in the same assassin's guild and they both end up rebelling against Eltnum/Uzuki.
- Later on, both Seth and Linnenote end up in the same class.
- To say nothing about Enkidu being a producer for a company where the likes of Orie, Vatista and Mika are pop stars.
- Chaos himself has several:
- What Could Have Been: Eltnum started off as a proof of concept of Sion for a HD remake of Melty Blood, a remake whose development has never come to pass.
- The devs have expressed interest in bringing in a Skullgirls character for a future build of the game. Specifically, a sprite for Filia was made as part of French Bread's congratulatory message to Lab Zero after the latter got their game released both on PC and in arcades, most likely made in response to Yuzuriha's background cameo in one of the stages.
- Silvaria was originally planned to wield throwing knives when fighting.
- Kaguya was first elaborated upon during a developer stream on upcoming characters where the likes of Chaos, Nanase, Wagner, Enkidu, and many others were shown off. Word of God states that Kaguya is taking longer than usual because they wanted to keep Kaguya's playstyle unique and not have a repeat of characters with weapons such as Noel and Petra.
- Londrekia was going to be made playable and scrapped at the last minute twice. Once during production of the original version of UNIB, where he would've been a puppet character with a rapier and a coffin for his puppet, which were given to Chaos, Orie and possibly Uzuki respectively. The second time was when his design was finalized. As datamining shows, he was given introduction text (as seen on his character page) and a placeholder. To even further enforce this, the game review site GameGrin accidentally leaked Londrekia's character art, which has been since deleted off of the site, but the art can still be found around the web. However, he has been officially made playable as of the Exe:Late[cl-r] update.
- The last point was further enforced when the fighting game coverage site Shoryuken interviewed Kamone Serizawa, French Bread's battle planner. When asked if they are done with Exe: Late[st], Kamone responded that nothing has been set in stone but they are interested in adding more content to the current version.
- The setting for the game was originally going to be a much more darker sci-fi setting, similar to BlazBlue. Hyde was still the main protagonist, but looked much older and more similar to Ragna The Bloodedge and the other characters were more darker looking, especially the likes of Waldstein and Hilda.
- The original version of the game was going to have Londrekia, Azel, Phonon, Lex and Zohar in the base roster.
- Tsurugi was originally going to make his debut at the end of Phonon's Arcade story, however, this was scrapped for unknown reasons.
- Two original versions of Linne had her as a young girl and as an older woman; her current incarnation came to be when a developer suggested combining both versions together.
Trivia / Under Night In-Birth