- Big Name Fan: Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse has said that it is his favorite show. He even covered the theme song as part of its Musical Episode.
- Creator Backlash: The reason why a Laugh Track/"drawn in front of a live studio audience" bit is used in the episodes "Please Retire" and "Under the Sea Monster" is because Thurop Van Orman felt that they weren't the strongest of the episodes.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: The Dock Hag is voiced by Daran Norris, Lady Nickelbottoms by Jeff Glen Bennett, and Dr. Barber's mother by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Descended Creator: Thurop Van Orman voices the main character Flapjack.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Hasn't aired on Cartoon Network since it first premiered and, despite Netflix airing some Cartoon Network shows (some of which include the much-hated live-action shows like "Destroy, Build, Destroy," "Dude, What Would Happen?" and "Hole in the Wall"), this show isn't on there. As far as home video releases go, the first five episodes were released on DVD in 2009, but the rest of the series remains unreleased on DVD due to the show's short run ending the next year (good luck finding the DVD itself, considering it's been out of print for years now). All is not lost, though. The good news is all three seasons are on Hulu. The bad news is you need to pay for Hulu so you can see it. It also took 10 years, but on June 9, 2018 it finally joined Boomerang's line-up, where you can currently watch rerunsnote . The entire series is also available to purchase on iTunes and Amazon.
- Retroactive Recognition: This show has become more recognized in recent years for launching the careers of Pendleton Ward, J.G. Quintel, Patrick McHale, and Alex Hirsch, all of whom would later go on to create several famous and critically-acclaimed series.
- Screwed by the Network: The show's timeslot changed several times over the course of its run, it rarely IF EVER got any reruns and as mentioned on the main page, unless you subscribed to Thurop's DeviantArt account, you wouldn't've known when the Series Finale aired!
- What Could Have Been: Paul "Pee-Wee Herman" Reubens was originally supposed to voice Flapjack, but he never came to the recordings, so the show creator Mark "Thurop" Van Orman stepped in to record lines.
- Bubbie was originally designed as a steampunk-ish whale submarine◊.
- The Wiki Rule: Flapjack Wiki Harbor.
- Write Who You Know: An In-Universe example, when Peppermint Larry starts putting on puppet shows, they revolve around "Pancake" and "Captain K'neecaps" and how lame they are.
Trivia / The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack