- All-Star Cast:
- Three of the four main characters are played by members of Saturday Night Live; Nature Cat is played by Taran Killam, Hal is played by Bobby Moynihan, and Squeeks is played by Kate McKinnon. Meanwhile, Kate Micucci, who plays Daisy, is known for Scrubs.
- In Season 1, Kenan Thompson had a recurring role as Ronald, Nature Cat's antagonist. Chris Parnell also appears sometimes but not as one particular character.
- Dog Gone is fronted by the voice of Lena Hall, a Tony-winning Broadway singer/actress.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: Some articles still list Kenan Thompson as the voice of Ronald, even after he was replaced by Chris Knowings.
- Edited for Syndication: Airings on commercial networks leave out the songs, the Don't Try This at Home disclaimer, and the Product Placement parody.
- Fandom Nod: The show's Periphery Demographic gets acknowledged in "No Bird Left Behind" when Nature Cat kisses Hal and calls him a genius for the umpteenth time, and Hal remarks that the fans know that he's a genius already.
- He Also Did: There are plenty of Muppet Performers on the series, such as Joey Mazzarino, Tyler Bunch, Leslie Carrara-Rudolph, and Stephanie D'Abruzzo. Another Spiffy Pictures series created by the Rudman brothers and using Muppet performers is Donkey Hodie.
- The Merch: A number of plushies have been made available, as well as shirts, beach towels, pillowcases, water bottles, and a music album.
- Name's the Same: There are episodes of Littlest Pet Shop (2012) and Ready Jet Go! that are also called "Pet Sounds".
- No Export for You: Nature Cat never saw any more seasons (beyond season 1) outside of the United States. Additionally, the show never saw a release in several countries, such as Britain (although it was on Amazon), Australia, and Japan.
- The Other Darrin: In season 2, Ronald is no longer voiced by Kenan Thompson, and is now voiced by Chris Knowings. This was most likely because he was more expensive that the rest of the voice cast on the show.
- Playing Against Type: Chris Knowings, best known for playing Gordon's nephew Chris on Sesame Street, is the second voice of Ronald, who antagonizes the characters.
- Production Posse: Many people who work with Adam Rudman and David Rudman on Sesame Street are also working here.
- Screwed by the Network:
- The show got hit with this hard when season 2 premiered in January 2018. PBS gave the episodes zero advertisement, and no one knew about the episodes unless they looked on their local station's website or on the show's social media. Ready Jet Go!, Wild Kratts, and Arthur can all attest to this.
- During the week of premieres from November 13th to November 16th of 2018, PBS gave it zero advertisement and didn't even bother to post the episode descriptions on their sites. The same thing happened with the February 2019 premieres.
- Series Hiatus: The show's longest hiatus was from May 2020 to June 2021, to air the last four episodes of Season 3. Since the show went so long without any new episodes, fans were worried it was cancelled. An email from Spiffy Pictures cleared things up.
- The Wiki Rule: Nature Cat Wiki.
Trivia / Nature Cat