Kathryn "Kate" McKinnon Berthold (born January 6, 1984), is an American comedian and actor.
She's perhaps best known for being a cast member on Saturday Night Live, specifically for her impressions of Hillary Clinton, Ellen DeGeneres, and Justin Bieber, among many others. From 2016 to 2017, she won two Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, making her the first SNL cast member to win an Emmy for their performance on the show.
- The Venture Bros. (2010present) as Nikki and Margaret Fictel (voices)
- Saturday Night Live (2012present) as herself / various characters note
- Toy Story of Terror! (2013) as PEZ Cat (voice)
- The Awesomes (2015) as Lola Gold (voice)
- Nature Cat (20152016) as Squeeks (voice)
- The Angry Birds Movie (2016) as Stella & Eva (voices)
- Finding Dory (2016) as Stan's wife (voice)
- Ghostbusters (2016) as Jillian Holtzmann
- Family Guy (2016) as Karen Griffin (voice)
- Rough Night (2017) as Pippa
- The Magic School Bus Rides Again (2017) as Ms. Fiona Frizzle (voice)
- The Spy Who Dumped Me (2018) as Morgan Freeman (No relation)
- Bombshell (2019) as Jess Carr
Kate McKinnon's work provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Most notably in the case of Hillary Clinton, whom she deeply admires and respects.
- Ascended Fanboy:
- She has been an SNL fan since she was 12.
- She had made her love for Gillian Anderson known to the public well before the two worked together on The Spy Who Dumped Me.
- Beauty Inversion: As seen in the page image, she's a very beautiful lady. On SNL, she frequently plays elderly or physically repulsive characters. She is also dressed down in Ghostbusters (2016).
- Cross-Cast Role: She portrayed several men on SNL, most notably Jeff Sessions but also Julian Assange, Lindsey Graham, Robert Mueller, Wilbur Ross, Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran and Rudy Giuliani.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Especially for her role in Ghostbusters, which had many straight women perplexed. Helped by Holtzmann being revealed by Paul Feig to be gay, and McKinnon is openly gay herself.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: She has one cat, Nino Positano, who is often brought up in interviews and whom she refers to as 'My son'. She also has a recurring series of SNL sketches, "Whiskers 'R' We", in which she plays the elderly owner of a Dysfunction Junction cat shelter.
- Large Ham: She gets hilariously over the top quite often, specially in Ghostbusters.
- Stage Name: Her surname is Berthold; she uses her middle name for comedy.
- Trolling: According to an interview, she'd been using her "Jeff Sessions face" on the set of The Spy who Dumped Me to gross out Mila Kunis.