- Awesome, Dear Boy: Anthony Hopkins has stated that the only reason he took a role in Freejack was because he had always wanted to meet Mick Jagger. Coincidentally, many sources say the reverse was the only reason Jagger took a role was because the producers told him Hopkins was involved.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $30 million. Box office, $17,129,026. This Cyber Punk thriller was hit with Executive Meddling and extensive reshoots which led to a product which was trashed by critics and ignored by audiences.
- Missing Trailer Scene: The trailer features alternative takes, including one where Alex and Julie don't realize that Michelette's men are going to shoot them when their elevator arrives into the lobby.
- Old Shame: Anthony Hopkins called this a "terrible film" in a later interview.
- The Other Marty: Linda Fiorentino was going to play Julie, but dropped out and was replaced by Rene Russo.
- Release Date Change: Poor test screenings and subsequent re-shoots bumped it from its original fall 1991 release date.
- Romance on the Set: Rene Russo met her husband, co-writer Dan Gilroy, during production. They have been married since 1992.
- What Could Have Been: Vincent Schiavelli was slated to play an unscrupulous "insurance salesman", who sold life insurance policies to Freejacks.
Trivia / Freejack