Treasure of the Golden Suns
- In the first episode, Scrooge chastises a worker by telling him "there'll be no whistling while you work!".
- When Launchpad gets attacked by a water snake, he says that he hates snakes, then changes his mind and says that "that's someone else."
- The episode shouts out numerous times to Star Trek: The Original Series.
- The Jungle Duck is reference to Tarzan, including the bit about him really being Prince Graydrake (Tarzan was really Lord Greystoke).
Duck in the Iron Mask
- The episode is a Whole Plot Reference (complete with title) to The Man In The Iron Mask.
- These lines reference The Three Musketeers:Scrooge: All for one...Roy: ...And one for all!Launchpad: And three against four!
Much Ado About Scrooge
Dime Enough for Luck
- Gladstone sings a line of "Luck Be a Lady".
- Magica says, One dime to rule them all, one dime to find them!
- Scrooge and Gladstone have this discussion:
- Scrooge also tells Gladstone that "Money will get you through times of no luck, my boy, better than luck will get you through times of no money", paraphrasing a famous line from The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.
- The title is a clear reference to Top Gun.
- When telling the story of how he messed up, Launchpad begins, " A long time ago in a big sky far away..."
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. McDuck
- The title is an obvious reference to The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
- Shedlock Jones is an obvious parody of Sherlock Holmes.
Home Sweet Homer
- Circe says to her reflection, " You've come a long way, baby!", a reference to a slogan for a brand of cigarettes known as Virginia Slims.
Catch as Cash Can
- In "Aqua Ducks", after seeing Gyro, Doofus, and Launchpad trip each other up, Scrooge says, "Morons. I've got morons on my team."
- The episode begins with a Star Wars-style opening crawl.note
The Right Duck
- Launchpad, demanding One Phone Call, says, "Even ET got to phone home!"
- When Ping hears the ship is headed to Pluto, he says, "No way, I hate dogs!"
The Money Vanishes
- While holding a teleportation gun, Huey says a variant of Dirty Harry's "Make my day" quote. Definitely something for the adults in the audience.
Sweet Duck of Youth
- The title is a reference to Tennessee Williams' Sweet Bird of Youth.
The Uncrashable Hindentanic
- Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's that idiot McQuack!
- The same episode is chock full of references to disaster films like The Hindenburg, The Poseidon Adventure, Meteor, and The Swarm. An Irwin Allen stand in even shows up and comments on all the disasters appearing in his next movie.
- The character Gloria Swansong is both a reference to Gloria Swanson, and one of Swanson's most famous movie roles, that of the Norma Desmond in the Film Noir Sunset Boulevard.
Til Nephews Do Us Part
- Webby says about Ms. Vanderbucks, "If she offered me an apple in a forest, I sure wouldn't take it."
- As Scrooge is trying to stop his money bin from reentering Earth's atmosphere, he shouts, "Hi yo, silver dollar!"
Dough Ray Me
- Huey, Dewey, and Louie's first attempt to earn money has them wear gray jumpsuits and use vacuum cleaners while offering to clean the house for Mrs. Beakley as Dirt Busters. At one point, they even say "Who ya gonna call? Dirt Busters!"
The Big Flub
- Fenton says, "I'm a Pepper too" when the Pep gum makes him float away, referencing an infamous jingle for Dr. Pepper.
A DuckTales Valentine
- Aphroducky and her husband, Vulcan, act like Alice and Ralph Kramden.
- When Vulcan turns up looking for Aphroducky, Launchpad quips, "Live long and prosper."
A DuckTales A Whale of a Bad Time
- The evil Professor Bluebottle sounds and acts like Peter Sellers' character of the same name from The Goon Show.