The Orville episodes:
open/close all folders
- "Old Wounds": Captain Ed Mercer is given command of the Orville, an exploratory vessel and his first command. This is his last chance to prove himself, after a year of poor performance in the aftermath of a divorce. On their way to their first mission, they stop to pick up Mercer's new first officer — his ex-wife, Commander Kelly Grayson.
- "Command Performance": Ed and Kelly embark on a rescue mission and mysteriously vanish, and with Commander Bortus on maternity leave Alara must take command of the Orville, much to her chagrin.
- "About a Girl": In keeping with Moclan tradition, Bortus and Klyden want a controversial procedure performed on their newborn child, causing a shipwide moral dilemma. The problem eventually escalates into a situation that jeopardizes the Union's alliance with the Moclan race.
- "If the Stars Should Appear": The Orville encounters a massive generation ship which is adrift and on course for a star.
- "Pria": After rescuing a stranded mining ship Ed swiftly falls for its captain, Pria, but Kelly suspects that Pria is more than she appears.
- "Krill": Ed and Gordon are sent on a risky undercover mission to retrieve a copy of the Krill bible. During this rare glimpse into Krill society, the two Orville officers soon find themselves entangled in a crisis with potentially grave ethical consequences.
- "Majority Rule": While investigating the disappearances of two Union anthropologists John runs afoul of the inhabitants of a planet similar to 21st century Earth, whose justice system is based on public voting.
- "Into the Fold": After their shuttle passes through a spacial fold, Isaac, Claire, and Claire's children find themselves stranded on a dangerous unknown world and must rely on each other to survive.
- "Cupid's Dagger": Things get very awkward when an anthropologist brought aboard the Orville turns out to be the man Kelly had cheated on Ed with.
- "Firestorm": Having failed to save the life of a crewman, Alara becomes racked with guilt and questions her worth as the Orville's Chief of Security. Shortly thereafter, she is the first to encounter bizarre deadly incidences occurring throughout the ship.
- "New Dimensions": John's promotion to Chief Engineer becomes a trial by fire as the Orville is caught between a Krill fleet and a hazardous 2-D Space anomaly.
- "Mad Idolatry": The Orville discovers a mysterious planet orbiting between dimensions, and a simple act of kindness from Kelly has major ramifications.
- "Ja'loja": The crew of the Orville heads for Moclus to attend a special ceremony, dealing with a myriad of personal issues during the trip.
- "Primal Urges": Bortus struggles with an addiction that strains his relationship with Klyden. Later, the Orville discovers a planet about to be destroyed by its sun.
- "Home": When her strength begins waning, Alara is forced to return to Xelaya. Once there, bitter feelings quickly resurface as Alara finds herself at odds with her disapproving family.
- "Nothing Left on Earth Excepting Fishes": Ed lands behind enemy lines after learning a shocking secret. Meanwhile, Gordon pursues a promotion but Kelly questions his motivations.
- "All The World Is a Birthday Cake": The new security chief of the Orville, Talla, begins her tour of duty as the ship makes first contact with a seemingly utopian world. However, trouble ensues when the Orville's envoy party unwittingly commits an unspeakable faux pas against their hosts.
- "A Happy Refrain": Claire wishes to explore her romantic feelings for Isaac. However, when the two take their relationship to the next level, Claire quickly discovers the challenges of dating someone who's incapable of human emotion.
- "Deflectors": Talla, Bortus, and Klyden all become embroiled in a tumultuous clash of cultures when Bortus's ex-boyfriend comes aboard the Orville. Meanwhile, Kelly finds that she must make difficult decisions in her own personal life.
- "Identity, Part 1": When Isaac mysteriously shuts down, the Orville journeys to Kaylon 1 in order to fix him. While there, Ed attempts to convince the Kaylon people to join the Union. However, things are not as they seem and a dark secret is soon uncovered.
- "Identity, Part 2": As the Kaylon begin their crusade to eradicate all biological life, the crew of the Orville fights back against their captors to save Earth.
- "Blood of Patriots": Ed feels the pressures of leadership as the Union tasks the Orville with a sensitive mission — to initiate a peace agreement with the Krill. The matter becomes all the more complicated after the Orville rescues two longtime prisoners of the Krill, one of whom is a Union officer and Gordon's close friend who had been MIA for twenty years.
- "Lasting Impressions": The contents of a time capsule from the year 2015 causes unrest for several of the Orville's crew members: Gordon uses the Environmental Simulator to recreate the life of a 21st century woman and promptly becomes obsessed with her. Bortus and Klyden also blunder into trouble when they try cigarettes.
- "Sanctuary": The Orville takes on two Moclan passengers with mysterious cargo, leading to a shocking discovery that threatens to tear the Union apart.
- "Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow": A temporal displacement transports Kelly's self from seven years prior onto the Orville in their present day — an event which may have dire repercussions for the Orville's timeline.
- "The Road Not Taken": In an alternate future where the Kaylon are prevailing in their war on biological life, Kelly brings the scattered crew of the Orville back together, embarking on a perilous all-or-nothing mission to set the timeline right.