When Pearl brings in crystal shards that have the power to bring inanimate objects to life, Steven uses one of them to help a friend whose father, a restaurant owner, forces him to wear a costume of their mascot, Frybo.
The shard brings it to life, and at first it obeys them, but soon turns into a monster. Pearl tries to stop it but is temporarily blinded with ketchup. Ultimately, it is Steven who defeats it by using the rest of the crystals to bring his own clothes to life and have them attack it.
Iris Out over the star on Steven's shirt.
- Animating Artifact: Steven acquires a gem shard that can animate clothes. He uses it to bring Frybo, a mascot costume, to life so the guy wearing it can goof off with him. However, Frybo turns evil, so Steven uses more gem shards to bring his own clothes to life so they can defeat it.
- Badass Boast: When Steven goes after Frybo.Peedee: What are you gonna do?
Steven: [starry eyes] My job!
- Bait-and-Switch: Peedee asks Steven, who'd just gotten a gem shard that could animate clothing, if there was some way Frybo can be around without him being in it. Cut to Steven in the Frybo costume. He gets attacked by seagulls the same as Peedee, and then he uses the gem shard.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Frybo forcefully attacks people, forcing them down and stuffing their mouths with fries, after being ordered to "make people eat fries."
- Bond One-Liner: After Steven pulls the gem shard out of Frybo.Steven: As soon as I bared my butt, I knew he'd crack.
- Boredom Montage: As Peedee finally rides the Seahorse ride at the arcade, his face goes in and out of camera range, gradually shifting from excited to realizing that he doesn't think it's fun anymore.
- Dancing Pants: The crystal shards can bring clothing to life, including not only the Frybo costume but Steven's pants (and eventually the rest of his clothes).
- Early-Bird Cameo: Kiki and the cool kids (Jenny, Buck, and Sour Cream) are among Frybo's victims. Ronaldo is also seen in the shop early on but doesn't speak.
- Eye Scream: Pearl throws her spear into Frybo's eyes, scoring a direct hit but only managing to make it bleed a stream of ketchup and mustard onto her face.
- Fish Eyes: Steven's eyes start looking in opposite direction as he spaces out (twice) while Pearl is lecturing on the dangers of the crystal shards.
- Heroism Won't Pay the Bills: Peedee argues that being a Crystal Gem is not a job because they don't get paid. Steven claims that they get paid in the smiles of the people they save. Peedee then confesses that the money he gets doesn't compensate for what the job takes out of him.
- Hidden Disdain Reveal: While fighting the Frybo costume, Peedee surprises his father by admitting he always hated the thing.
- Literal Metaphor: After Steven forcefully puts on his animated pants, he declares "I wear the pants in this relationship!"
- Literal-Minded: Peedee sees Frybo can do his job, and tells it to "shake on it", so Frybo picks Peedee up and starts shaking him.Steven: He's got jokes!
- Naked People Are Funny: Steven uses the crystal shards to animate his clothes, including his underwear.
- Oral Fixation: While showing off that he turned his clothes into more soldiers, Steven holds a fry in his mouth to invoke the image of General MacArthur and his corncob pipe.
- Pants-Free: In the opening scene, Steven looks around in a pile that obscure his lower half. When Pearl comes in, the camera changes angle to show Steven isn't wearing his pants, which were what he was looking for.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Said by Pearl to Steven at the end of the episode, after he uses his clothes to defeat Frybo.
- Shadow Discretion Shot: Frybo hanging Mr. Fryman by its Combat Tentacles and Force Feeding him is shown in silhouette, which really makes it far creepier looking than what it really is.
- So Proud of You: When Frybo goes crazy, Mr. Fryman think it's still Peedee in the costume and tries to calm him down by telling him how much he appreciates him.Mr. Fryman: Ah, I get it, I pushed you too hard. I thought you wanted to be as good a Fryman as you could be, youre a tough kid for putting up with it as long as you did! The truth is: Youre a valued member of Fryman Brothers Incorporated and all its affiliates!
- Symbolic Blood: When Pearl stabbed Frybo in its eye, it attacks with a ketchup covered fry. After hitting Pearl, the pool of ketchup on the ground appears to look like Pearl was struck so hard it appears that she was actually bleeding.
- Temporary Blindness: Pearl is unable to continue battling Frybo when she gets ketchup in her eyes. After Frybo is defeated, Pearl asks if Steven's okay, apparently mistaking Mr. Fryman for him.
- Turned Against Their Masters: Pearl mentioned that gems stopped using shards to animate objects because the drones it created eventually stop taking orders, resulting in "many, many deaths".
- Verbal Backspace: When the Frybo costume comes to life and starts moving around, Mr. Fryman briefly forgets to pretending he was happy with Peedee's low enthusiasm when he was wearing it.Woah-ho, all right! Its about ti—I mean, good job, buddy!
- Viking Funeral: The Frybo costume is laid to rest by being burned on a boat. Pearl pushes the burning costume out to sea, clearly finding the whole idea ridiculous.