Fiction has a very fragile set of rules. Authors should be wary as one small crack can be enough to smash the boundary and send their stories careening out of control.
Wiz: We're really doing this.
The fourteenth and final episode of Season 3 calls forth two notable fan-favorite breakers of the fourth wall and pitting them against each other — one a mercenary who lost all common sense and routinely commentates even on the state of his own comic company, and a pony who not only enjoys throwing parties, but will happily bend the laws of physics to her will.
Despite Boomstick's objections, Deadpool forces Wiz and Boomstick to go over his origin story because he has shiny new footage to use. For educational purposes. Having developed an insane 34 cancerous tumors, Deadpool was approached by Weapon X and gave him Wolverine's healing factor which turned him into, as Boomstick put it, a "rotten testicle". After gaining his amazing healing factor, Deadpool went on crazy adventures, teaming up with Cable, allying himself with the Agent X mercenary force, joined Wolverine's X-Force team, rode a dinosaur in the Savage Land, gained the Power Cosmic temporarily and even got into a love triangle between Mistress Death and Thanos.
Deadpool has an arsenal of weaponry including katanas, shurikens, bolas, guns, grenades and a magic satchel that works like Hammerspace. His main skill, though, is his insane Healing Factor, which allows him to survive up to and including getting liquefied. However, when Deadpool gets serious, his assassin skills are incredible defeating the likes of Captain America, Doctor Doom, the Hulk, Taskmaster and more.
However, having years of virtual immortality has allowed Deadpool to get sloppy and let a more skilled fighter get the best of him.
Like Wiz applying a bit of Duck Amuck and erasing Deadpool.
Wiz: Oh, quit your whining! You'll be back!
Boomstick: Since when could you do that?!
Wiz: It's been two years since our last Deadpool episode. I've had plenty of prep time.
Born Pinkamena Diane Pie, Pinkie Pie was part of a family of earth ponies who lived on a rock farm (a literal rock farm — they even ate the rocks!). However, Pinkie wasn't too keen on this sort of thing. However, upon seeing the rainbow shockwave of Rainbow Dash's first Sonic Rainboom, she was immensely awed by the sight of it and sought to bring about happiness to others. After making her entire family smile for the first time via a party, she found her calling as a party pony, spreading happiness and joy wherever she went, moving to Ponyville, setting up shop in the Sugar Cube Corner bakery and ended up becoming one of six ponies brought together by Twilight Sparkle's arrival.
Uniquely, Pinkie Pie introduces herself through her Welcome Song, which horrifies Boomstick when she addresses the show itself. Boomstick asks her to explain her skills while he goes to get a beer and she's horrified when he corrects her when he wants the weaponry, which we're introduced to her Party Cannon, which is usually armed with party stuff, but can be used destructively, by using sticky cake batter or actual cannonballs. Her main skill, though, is her oddly elastic body, which allows her to stretch beyond normal proportions and withstand crushing blows. She's also able to keep up with Rainbow Dash and can alter the laws of physics for her own comical purposes. There's also her strange Pinkie Sense, which horrifies Wiz just as much as it did Twilight Sparkle. Even if you were to hurt Pinkie Pie physically, she's able to literally put herself back together. Despite her wacky attitude, she's actually smarter than she appears. She knows the names, birthdays, and preferences of everyone in Ponyville by memory, and plans out parties centuries in advance in her secret party-planning cave. She also alters physics on a whim, able to change her own gravity, walk on air, and appear and pop out of places she shouldn't be able to fit into.
Pinkie Pie: [giggles] Funny you should say that!
[cue army of Pinkie Pie clones]
Boomstick: No... No no no!
Pinkie Pie: I can always use the mirror pool, my Nana Pinkie taught me how to use it to duplicate myself over and over and over...
Wiz: Pony! No more, no more! Just go back to Ponyville! You-you'll be getting a new visitor soon. Very soon! Like, right now soon.
Pinkie Pie: [gasps] Really? Oh my gosh! I can't wait!
[zips off over Spike and Twilight Sparkle]
As it stands, though, Pinkie is no fighter and she has a fragile emotional state, leading her to even lose the ability to spread happiness to everyone. But Pinkie's mission is to spread happiness to all... whether you want it or not.
With everything said and done, it's time for a Death Battllllllllllllllllllle!
The scene takes us to Sweet Apple Acres, where we see Deadpool reemerge and drop into the forest behind him. Crash landing and recovering, he bids the audience welcome before asking who the opponent is. To his disbelief, it's Pinkie Pie, who is awed by the new arrival. Deadpool's shocked as Pinkie starts with her Welcoming Song before he cuts her off — "No! None of that! Shame on YOU!" In response, Pinkie bucks him and declares that she's going to welcome him one way or another!
Pinkie gets in the first hits, but Deadpool turns things around, knocking Pinkie senseless. He attempts to shoot her, but she proves to be too fast. However, Deadpool's just a tad bit faster and is able to kick her into the distance when she attempts a sneak attack. Deadpool's shocked to see an army of Pinkie Pies charging at him, but has to restrain himself — it's a TV-Y7 show and he can't cuss! He begins chopping apart the Pinkie Pies before reaching over the video and grabbing the YouTube like/dislike bar and using it as a lightsaber. As Deadpool closes in on the real Pinkie, an ad for Super Rad Raygun appears and Pinkie grabs it to block the attack...
... and grinds the fight to a halt when Deadpool realizes she can see those things, too! Deadpool puts in one last test — favorite food. Pinkie Pie mentions the Cherrychanga, which confuses the Merc with a Mouth. After he gets to eat one, he's in love and the two become friends! Their friendship cemented, they hop out of the video and invade other matches!
In "Batman vs. Captain America", the good Captain is caught off-guard by Bat Bombs and throws his Mighty Shield into the clouds. A bat-like figure approaches... only for it to be Deadpool wearing Batman's cape and a paper bag. He throws Cap's shield back at him.
In "Ken Masters vs. Terry Bogart", Terry evades an attack from Ken and spins back to his feet, which prompts Deadpool and Pinkie Pie to drop in and declare a dance off. Terry is caught off-guard and Ken takes advantage of it, throwing a Hadoken at the three.
In "Amy Rose vs. Ramona Flowers", the hammer-wielders' fight is interrupted when Pinkie Pie cries at the loss of the arcade machines. However, her mourning is interrupted when Deadpool finds "the jackpot". Deadpool shows her a video, which she mistakes as the "Starscream vs. Rainbow Dash" fight, which she waves "hi" to her friend before he corrects her and points to the "Death Battle Podcast" video. She thinks they are going to go see Wiz and Boomstick. Oh, no, they are going "more meta".
They drop in on the podcast and Deadpool admonishes Ben, Chad and Nick (the one with the stupid face, the one with the stupid hair and the one who thinks he's funnier than him) and demands to know why they had him to fight on his birthday. Shocked that today is his birthday, Pinkie Pie decides to rectify that as we find ourselves back in Ponyville, celebrating Deadpool's birthday, the Mane Six and Derpy Hooves flanking the Merc with a Mouth.
Wiz and Boomstick are confused and flabbergasted — this shouldn't have happened at all! Boomstick does point out that Wiz warned of such a thing in the beginning of the episode!
Wiz: Boomstick, I think... the loser is us.
Boomstick: [Bleep] Pony!
- Bloodless Carnage: All the Pinkie clones Deadpool slices through just disappear into puffs.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Both combatants liberally shatter the fourth wall. The two completely destroy the fourth wall in the end, which allows them to escape the Death Battle without either having to kill the other.
- Casting Gag: Several of Deadpool's lines are nods to Dragon Ball Z Abridged, which Takahata101 is a part of:
- When describing the Love Triangle between him, Death and Thanos, Deadpool says that Thanos wants to kill him, but he can't because Deadpool'll win and he knows it. This is how Tien describes his antagonistic taunting towards Vegeta.
- When Deadpool stops Pinkie Pie from singing, he admonishes her with "No! None of that! Shame on you!", which is what Bardock does to the aliens who start singing to him.
- Dance Party Ending: The fight ends with Pinkie and Deadpool at the birthday party Pinkie threw him.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: This is a rare Death Battle because there is no death at all; both combatants walk away from it alive. Instead they both laugh at the party Pinkie threw Deadpool for his birthday.
- Foreshadowing: The episode opens with a shot from Duck Amuck, specifically one where we see Bugs Bunny using a pencil with eraser to mess with Daffy. This foreshadows the end of the Deadpool bio, where Wiz uses such a pencil to erase Deadpool from the video.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: The combatants break into the real world and confront the creators of Death Battle.
- Frame Break:
- Unlike with other matches, those two don't wait for the split-screen line announcing the start of the fight to disappear before going at each other.
- Later, there's another line splitting the screen when Deadpool asks about their respective favorite food; he leans on the line when Pinkie mentions cherrychanga, and she reach through it to smash one in his face.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Once the Pinkie clones swarm in, Deadpool has this reaction, especially once he looks up and sees the TV-Y7 rating.
- Healing Factor: Deadpool has an insane one. This is a key reason the fight ends in a tie: neither of them have a good way to kill the other due to this and Pinkie Pie's Toon Physics.
- Pie in the Face: Pinkie Pie smashes a cherrychanga into Deadpool's face; he's not offended in the least, though, and even seems able to taste it through his mask.
- Rage Against the Author: Wade confronts the Screw Attack stuff over the whole thing for doing it on his birthday, but only got as far as berating the staff before Pinkie absconded with him for a birthday party.
- Record Needle Scratch: The battle music scratches to a halt when Deadpool realizes that Pinkie can break the fourth wall like him.
- Roger Rabbit Effect: Toward the end of the match, the animated Deadpool manages to break into the live-action ScrewAttack studio and confronts the real-life team.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Boomstick and Deadpool exchanges a few snarky quips during the latter's intro. Of course, the Merc with a Mouth dominates easily.Boomstick: ...and turn him into a rotten testicle. Hey! That would have been a much better superhero name for you.
Deadpool: Whatever you say, Captain Bucktooth.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: Boomstick gets one when he curses the match for going against rules.
- Spider-Sense: Pinkie Pie's "Pinkie sense" is mentioned in her bio. Combined with her speed, it allows her to avoid Deadpool's bullets.
- Toon Physics: Pinkie Pie has this, to the point of being a lower-level Reality Warper and reassembling herself after falling apart. This is a key reason the fight ends in a tie according to Word of God: while Pinkie can't kill Deadpool due to his Healing Factor, he can't kill her either due to this.
- Win-Win Ending: Deadpool and Pinkie Pie's match ends with the two of them becoming friends, breaking out of the video, and ultimately breaking into the real world to confront the hosts before Pinkie takes Deadpool to throw him a massive birthday party. The hosts are left with no choice but to conclude that they themselves are the losers.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: This is Deadpool's reaction on finding out who is the "lucky victim".Deadpool: You cannot be serious right now...