Michael Steven Bublé (pronounced Boo-Blay) (born 9 September 1975) is a Canadian Jazz/Big Band singer and occasional actor from Burnaby, B.C. Bublé is known for his easy-listening covers of popular jazz standards from the Sinatra-era, which he gives a contemporary touch. He's won 13 Junos and 4 Grammys. He sang the Spider-Man theme played during the end credits of Spider-Man 2. You might recognize him for his Canada, Eh? performance during the 2010 Winter Olympics closing ceremonies. Jazz afficianodos are not often fans, as they feel Bublé's takes on classic songs aren't purist enough, but he's won over large audiences as much with his boyish good looks, laidback charm and sense of humour as with his singing.
He is also the among the main reasons why many Canadians are willing to close an eye to the success and influence of Justin Bieber (and maybe even Céline Dion before that).
He also appears to have a great sense of humor. His song Haven't Met You Yet was parodied by Bad Lip Reading. He likes it, calling BLR "evil geniuses" and saying it was his new favorite song. He also made a brief cameo on an episode of Corner Gas for the purposes of one gag, and had an entire SNL skit about him working with other pop stars.
- First Dance - 1996
- Babalu - 2001
- Dream - 2002
- Totally Bublé - 2003
- Michael Bublé - 2003
- It's Time - 2005
- Call Me Irresponsible - 2007
- Crazy Love - 2009
- Christmas - 2011
- To Be Loved - 2013
- Nobody But Me - 2016
- ❤️ - 2018
- Come Fly with Me - 2004
- Caught in the Act - 2005
- Michael Bublé Meets Madison Square Garden - 2009
- Totally Bublé - 2003
- Let It Snow - 2003
- With Love - 2006
- Michael Bublé: Live in Concert (2004)
- It's Time Tour (2005–06)
- Irresponsible Tour (2007–08)
- Crazy Love Tour (2010–12)
- Auto-Tune: Found here and there, but only to the extent of correcting one or two off-pitch notes on short notice. He's made it quite clear that he can sing without it.
- Break-Up Song: "It's a Beautiful Day", which is possibly one of the most upbeat and triumphant breakup songs ever.
- Cover Version: The significant majority of his work, he does however write one or two songs on any album after "It's Time".
- Canada, Eh?: A wonderful bit of stereotyping made real: while on a tour of the UK, he played some ice hockey with some professional British ice hockey players, and turned out to be better than all of them at it.
- Christmas Songs: On his Christmas album and his Let It Snow EP.
- Homesickness Hymn: The hit single "Home" is about a man who acknowledges how lucky he is to be a famous globetrotting musician...but he misses his lover and longs to return. The song ends on an up note with the line, "I'll be home tonight, I'm coming back home."
- Keet: The vast majority of his songs are upbeat, cheerful, and energetic.
- Love Nostalgia Song: Many, many of his songs have this element like "Home".
- Lyrical Dissonance: "It's a Beautiful Day" is about how great life is now that the girl he's singing to is gone. Featuring such lovely lyrics as, "I'm so glad you were The One That Got Away!"
- Power Ballad: Except change guitars to Big Band elements. This is most of his songs, especially his Christmas album.
- Pronouncing My Name for You: In 2019 he became a spokesman for sparkling water brand Bubly (pronounced "boo-blee"), and the ad campaign features Michael trying to convince people that it's pronounced the same way as his last name (sometimes resorting to defacing the cases).
- Rearrange the Song: In 2012, Blake Shelton (who covered Bublé's "Home" in 2008) asked Bublé if he would rewrite the song with more Christmas-themed lyrics. He agreed, and even cut it with Shelton on the latter's Christmas album Cheers, It's Christmas.
- Self-Deprecation: His cameo on Corner Gas.
- Self-Titled Album: His debut major release.
- Shout-Out: Several to James Bond, such as "Feelin' Good," "Cry Me A River" and the intro to "Georgia On My Mind."
- Silly Love Songs: Many, many of his songs are romantic. "Haven't Met You Yet" is a silly love song about being single (whose video stars Michael and his wife).
- The Band Minus the Face: His backing band performs as The Boathouse All-Stars.