Sakurako Kawawa is a high school first year and has just moved into the boarding house attached to her school. The boarding house pairs students with roommates so its not long after starting to unpack that Sakurako meets her new roommate, the absolutely gorgeous Kasumi Yamabuki. While smitten with the beautiful girl at first sight, Kasumi quickly reveals herself to be something of absent minded layabout who not only didn't pack much belongings, but didn't even bring a bed. Kasumi's personality awakened Sakurako's big sis instincts and it wasn't long before she began caring for Kasumi's every need.
A Room for Two, also known as Futaribeya (ふたりべや) in Japanese, is an ongoing Slice of Life manga by Yukiko. It is set up in the Yonkoma style and began serialization on July 30, 2014 in Comic Birz Magazine. Currently it has 6 volumes published.
Tropes Present in this work are:
- Ambiguously Gay: While Sakurako's feelings for Kasumi are pretty explicit, its hard to judge how Kasumi feels. While she certainly doesn't mind Sakurako's affection and will even show some in return, its usually more shown as indifference, making her seem more Asexual then anything else.
- Big Eater: Kasumi is a complete glutton, whose capable of eating more food by herself then a whole family. Quite a few characters have lamented the fact that she can eat so much and not gain a pound.
- Opposites Attract: Sakurako and Kasumi could not be more different but these differences end up being the reason they get along so well.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Sakurako has eyes only for Kasumi.
- Yuri: While subtle at first with each volume it has become increasingly obvious the main plot is a love story between the two leads.