Rom, a Barbarian Hero, is travelling a desolate wasteland, almost out of food and water, when Barnabus, a mysterious old man, appears before him offering him food and shelter for the night. Although suspicious, Rom accepts the old man's offer and follows him to the long abandoned temple where the old man is staying with Kira, a beautiful young woman who he claims is his daughter.
Rom joins the pair for a meal, but it soon becomes apparent that neither are exactly who they appear to be...
The Barbarian and the Sorceress contains examples of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Rom's sword, up to cutting an Eldritch Abomination.
- Ancestral Weapon: Rom's sword.Rom: It was my father's blade, and his father's before him. And so on and so forth. Its been in the family for a while.
- Badass in Distress: Rom, a Barbarian Hero, gets captured by Barnabus and chained to a stone slab as a Human Sacrifice to an Eldritch Abomination.
- Bad Samaritan: Barnabus. He offers Rom food and shelter, while planning to sacrifice him to an Eldritch Abomination.
- Barbarian Hero: Rom, complete with Barbarian Longhair and Beard of Barbarism, albeit he's a bit more of a Deadpan Snarker than most.
- Barrier Warrior: Kira is able to conjure a mystical barrier to defend herself and Rom from Barnabus' sorcery.
- Big Bad: Barnabus
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Barnabus, who pretends to be a kindly, if eccentric, hermit is really a crazy Eldritch Abomination worshipping Evil Sorcerer.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Barnabus' eyes turn black when he uses his sorcery, as do Kira's.
- Black Magic: Barnabus' sorcery, including using it to inflict pain, choke someone, and to summon a Eldritch Abomination, for the intent of gaining more power with a Human Sacrifice.
- Blood Magic: Part of Barnabus' ritual involves cutting Rom's chest.
- Braids of Barbarism: Rom's long hair and beard are both braided.
- Collapsing Lair: After Barnabus is killed and the Eldritch Abomination is driven back, the ancient temple collapses as Rom and Kira are forced to flee. In a few seconds, it's like it was never even there.
- Distressed Dude: Rom is chained to a stone slab as a Human Sacrifice to an Eldritch Abomination.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Rom's horse is called "Horse". It wasn't intentional, he just didn't name his horse due to not wanting to get too attached to it, but found himself starting to think of Horse as its name.
- Eldritch Abomination: The creature Barnabus attempts to sacrifice Rom to.As Rom watched in horror, something began to come through. His senses screamed as they attempted to process exactly what was there, before deciding that discretion was the better part of valour and giving up. All Rom could make out was tentacles and teeth, the sound of a high-pierced, inhuman screech, and the sickly sweet stench of rot.
- Evil Sorcerer: Barnabus.
- Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong: Barnabus plans for Kira to become "mother to his million spawn".
- HeelFace Turn: Kira, upon learning what fate Barnabus has planned for her.
- Hot Witch: Kira. She's the Sorceress of the title, and rather attractive.
- Human Sacrifice: What Barnabus intends to do to Rom.
- In the Back: Kira stabs Barnabus in the back.
- Off with His Head!: The fate of Barnabus, thanks to Rom.
- Sword and Sorcerer: Rom and Kira, by the end. Rom kills Barnabus with his sword, while Kira uses her sorcery to banish the Eldritch Abomination he's summoned.
- Temple of Doom: The long-abandoned temple where Barnabus and Kira have been living.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: Kira gets one after banishing an Eldritch Abomination.Rom looked into her eyes. They were back to normal, but there was something there, a distant look that Rom had only seen before in old warriors.
- Thunderbolt Iron: Rom's sword is made of thunderbolt steel. It's even capable of cutting an Eldritch Abomination and making it feel pain.