The third film in the Wrong Turn series, released in 2009.
A prison transport carrying a high-profile criminal and other assorted miscreants is stranded in the woods of West Virginia after it is attacked Three Finger, who still uses the area as a hunting ground for long pork. The prisoners take over from the guards, and start a dangerous trek through the forest to safety.
This movie has examples of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Three Finger's knife can easily cut through bone.
- Anti-Villain: Brandon is Type I. He constantly avoids doing anything unpleasant to the protagonists unlike other prisoners and even helps them in the end to get away. Subverted towards the very end though where he kills The Hero to steal the money and swiftly meets his Karmic Death.
- Asshole Victim: Most of the convicts qualify, but especially Crawford, Floyd, Chavez and, in the end, Nate and Brandon. The only exceptions are Willie, Preslow, Walter, Carver, Ally and Alex's friends.
- Big Bad: Three Finger, as he is the sole remaining member of his evil sibling trio from the previous two movies.
- Brain Food: After defeating Chavez in a fight, Three Finger hoists him up a tree, opens his skull and starts eating his brains.
- Chained Heat: The prisoners spend most of the film shackled together.
- Clean Cut: Three Finger's traps inflict these, one example being a trap that triggers two blades from underground which leaves its victim looking like he was put through an egg slicer.
- Continuity Nod: The cast come across the remains of the watchtower which got burned in the first movie.
- Creepy Child: Three Toes, Three Finger's mutant hillbilly protége who helps him with his traps.
- Death by Materialism: After the climax, Nate returns to the area to collect money from an armoured truck that had crashed there, only to be killed by Brandon, who is also after the money. Brandon is then killed by a yet another cannibal hillbilly.
- Decoy Protagonist: Final Girl Alex. Yes she is Final Girl of the movie, but after she become The Load she become more Decoy.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Three Finger's reaction to finding Three Toes' head on a spike is an anguished scream to the skies.
- Eye Scream: Three Finger kills Sophie by shooting an arrow through the back of her head, which pops one of her eyes out in the process.
- Fight Scene: There's a scene of Carlo and Three Finger beating the shit out of each other, which goes on for several minutes.
- Hooks and Crooks: Near the end, Three Finger picks up a meathook and uses it as a weapon. First against Chavez, and later during the climax. Said meathook ends up embedded in Three Finger's head courtesy of Nate.
- Kill It with Fire: Three Finger sets Floyd on fire with a Molotov Cocktail just as he is throwing away Chavez's money and giving him the finger.
- One Third The Man He Used To Be: Brent gets sliced in three by a Razor Floss Booby Trap.
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: Alex makes a reference to "creepy rednecks playing banjos", only to ge a "Huh?" from Sophie.
- Retirony: Nate is about to retire from prison guarding when he is sent to accompany an important prisoner transfer, which inevitably goes wrong.
- Stock Scream: Three Finger lets out a Wilhelm Scream when his Outside Ride in the climax comes to a sudden stop.
- Tear Off Your Face: Underover officer Willy finally makes his move against Chavez by pushing him, but then sets off a trap, which triggers a swinging scythe that slashes his face clean off.
- Trap Master: While he still gets his hands dirty, Three Finger now puts more emphasis on setting deadly traps.