Three young thieves plan a daring heist at a mansion dinner party. When their plan goes horribly wrong, the thieves realize the dinner guests are not as innocent as they seem, and their simple cash grab becomes a violent and desperate battle to survive.
Not a film adaptation of the 1989 video game.
- Attack the Injury: When Jeremy and Cameron attack Iris in the kitchen, she slices Jeremy's cheek open with a kitchen knife. When he grabs her arm, she jabs her fingers into the cut, forcing him to let go. Later, Milo goes a step further; digging his fingers into the cut and ripping off a chunk of Jeremy's cheek.
- An Axe to Grind: Elliot's preferred weapon is a meat cleaver. Later, Patrick arms himself with a hatchet when he goes hunting Casper and Alexis through the mansion.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Although Casper gets covered in blood splatter and severely mussed up while escaping from the mansion, Alexis remains completely untouched in a red party dress with perfect hair and makeup until she takes an unplanned dip in the pool.
- Black Dude Dies First: Of the three thieves who stage the heist in the mansion, it is Dodge—the black one—who is the first to fall victim to the murderers, and demonstrate to the other two that they are in way over their heads.
- Blood Is Squicker in Water: Elliot is shot through the head and plunges into the swimming pool. There is a shot from the bottom of the pool of his body descending towards the camera, with the blood blossoming out behind him like a halo.
- Chainsaw Good: Patrick hands Cameron a chainsaw when they go hunting Casper and Alexis. Cameron's eyes light up with a manic glee as he revs the engine.
- Death by Falling Over: Ollie gets knocked backwards down a staircase and breaks his neck.
- Extremely Short Time Span: Two days, with most of action occurring in a few hours on the second day.
- Females Are More Innocent: None of the women at the former Serial Killer support group want to relapse into violence, while all but one of the men ultimately do.
- Fingore: Luther uses his cigar-cutter to cut off Flash's finger as a warning to Casper as what will happen if Flash's debts are not paid in full.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Iris smashes a bottle over Cameron's head when she escapes from him in the kitchen.
- Katanas Are Just Better: After he takes Elliot's katana from the trophy room, Casper (who has demonstrated no previous training in swordsmanship) is able to effortlessly cleave people's heads from their shoulders, or slice the top of their skulls.
- Lockdown: When the security system is triggered, steel shutters close over all the doors and widows in the mansion: locking Casper, Iris and Dodge inside the mansion with the murderers.
- Madwoman in the Attic: The Dawsons keep their physically deformed, mentally deficient and homicidal son Mickey locked up in their basement.
- Man Bites Man: Mickey uses his teeth to kill Iris by biting out her throat.
- Not Quite Dead: Elliot takes a bullet the through the head and plunges into the swimming pool. However, just when everything seems to be over, he emerges from the water in a berserker rage only to be stabbed by Alexis.
- Offing the Offspring: During the blood-soaked finale, Roxanne Dawson shoots her son Elliot in the head in an attempt to prevent him from murdering Casper and Alexis, and shoves his body into the swimming pool. Elliot turns out to be Not Quite Dead and emerges from the water only to be finished off by his sister Alexis.
- Staircase Tumble: Ollie suffers Death by Falling Over when he gets knocked backwards down a flight of stairs and breaks his neck.
- Suicidal Sadistic Choice: When Elliot captures Casper and Alexis, he ties them up in chairs suspended over the swimming pool. Each of them has a knife taped to their hand which will allow them to cut the rope holding the other's chair: causing them to fall into the pool and drown. Elliot sets up a timer and tells them they have one minute for one of them to slice the other's rope or he will kill both of them.