- Colbert Bump: Pretty much the only reason people know about it nowadays is because of JonTron.
- Manual Misprint: The "already dead" boss is a reptilian creature, not a giant spider as the manual claims.
- No Export for You: Strangely, although it was created in Japan, it only got a limited American release.
- What Could Have Been:
- The unreleased Japanese version called Parody World: Monster Party was rather... different. A ROM of a pre-release build was dumped in July 2014 after it changed hands multiple times between collectors who refused to make its internals public. The major differences are the number of parody characters that would have given entertainment lawyers a field day (though they generally all make a lot more sense than what we actually got), and the blood on the title screen, which was changed to green slime.
- There were plans to implement the Dark World effect seen in the first stage in all the other stages, but it got dropped for some reason.
Trivia / Monster Party