Mischief is a 1985 film directed by Mel Damski.
Remember Happy Days where there was this dorky guy who buddied up with a cool drifter named the Fonz. This is similar, but it has some sex in it. This movie features Doug Mc Keon who plays the dorky Jonathan who is friends with the extroverted nonconformist named Gene played by Chris Nash. Shy Jonathan's goal is to win the heart of Marilyn, played by none other than Kelly Preston, and possibly lose his virginity in the process? Gene also develops a crush on Bunny, played by Catherine Mary Stewart of The Last Starfighter fame. What could possibly go wrong?
This movie provides examples of:
- Coming-of-Age Story: After the Sex as Rite-of-Passage and after the drama with Gene, Jonathan does a lot of growing up and comes out more mature.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Jonathan gets so distracted by Marilyn's beauty that he crashes his car through a fire hydrant.
- Fanservice: Well, it is a sex comedy, so you have to have a scene where gorgeous Marilyn takes her clothes off for a sex scene with Jonathan.
- In-Universe Soundtrack: A good deal of the soundtrack plays from radios or somewhere else. Three of them play during the sex scene from a record player in Marylin's bedroom. No joke.
- A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far Far Away...: After the 20th Century Fox Logo, this appears before the movie's opening: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... Ohio, 1956.
- Sex Comedy: Made in the 1980s, just like Porky's. It's also set in the 1950s like the more popular sex comedy.
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: Johnathan's main goal in the movie.