Furry Vengeance is a comedy movie starring Brendan Fraser as an entrepreneur planning to tear down a forest for a shopping mall. The animals of the forest don't take that well and set out for revenge. It's pretty much a live-action version of Over the Hedge, from the perspective of the humans.
This film provides examples of:
- Bears Are Bad News: One of the disgruntled forest critters is a grizzly bear.
- Butt-Monkey: Dan. BIG TIME.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Tyler calls out Dan for working in an organization that causes deforestation.
- Cassandra Truth: Dan has a hard time convincing his wife about the animals.
- The Chew Toy
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Neil Lyman.
- Decoy Protagonist: Riggs would appear to be the protagonist at first, but after the raccoon blows up his car, it's Dan who is the protagonist.
- Demonization: The animals think of Dan as a devil for trying to tear down their forest for a shopping mall.
- Green Aesop
- Humiliation Conga: The entire movie is this to Dan.
- It Can Think: The animals know how to operate human technology.
- Product Placement: Almost every character owns an iPhone. Not only that but Tyler owns a Macbook and Tammy owns an iPod. It isn't just Apple that gets a shout-out, though, as characters are also shown using a Wii, nike merchandise, and a Panasonic T.V. Two of the construction workers also have droid phones and Dan puts Byrne Dairy milk in his cereal.
- The Scream: Tyler does this when Dan tries to convince him about Lyman Enterprises being the good guys by giving him a Wii.
- Serious Business: The animals aren't gonna take well of the news of their forest being torn down for a development.
- Starring Special Effects
- Tomato Skunk Stink Cure