Thomas, a resourceful child, is left alone with his fragile grandfather on Christmas Eve. When a killer dressed as Santa Claus breaks into their home, Thomas does whatever it takes to defend his home and grandfather.
Also known as Deadly Games.
Dial Code Santa Claus contains examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: Up until the end when Thomas nearly blind grandfather finishes off the already weakened Santa with a gun Thomas has to completely fend for himself against the intruder.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Near the end Thomas tearfully asks Santa why he's doing all this. The Santa appears sad and confused, as if even he doesn't know.
- Bad Santa: A deranged killer dressed as Santa stalks Thomas and his grandfather.
- Berserk Button: The Santa is very kind (if not a bit creepy) to a little girl on his lap at the mall until she tells him she doesn't like his face and calls him a fake. Then he slaps her.
- Big Fancy House: Thomas and his family live in a large hi-tech mansion that is easy to get lost in.
- Bittersweet Ending: Thomas and his grandfather are alive but Thomas dog has been killed and Thomas is clearly traumatized.
- Child Prodigy: Thomas has built most of the traps and surveillance devices of his house by himself.
- Children Are Innocent: Thomas still believes in Santa when his friends have stopped.
- Evil Is Petty: The main reason why the Santa pursues Thomas is because Thomas mother fired him from his job as a Mall Santa (after striking a child).
- Implacable Man: The Santa is unstoppable in his pursuit of Thomas and his grandfather even after being burned and shot at it with various projectiles and explosives.
- Kick the Dog: The first thing the Santa does after climbing down the chimney is kill Thomas' dog.
- Mall Santa: The Santa is this before being fired after slapping a child.
- Psychopathic Manchild: The Santa at various points acts like he is just playing a game with Thomas; at one point when he captures Thomas he decides to let him go to play 'hide and seek'.
- The Unreveal: Who the Santa is or where he comes from is never revealed. (The back of the recent Blu-ray release says he has escaped from an insane asylum but this is never stated in the film.)
- Would Harm A Child: The Santa stalks and tries to kill an eleven year old boy throughout the film.