Black Belt Jones was a 1975 Blaxploitation Martial Arts Movie staring Jim Kelly (you know, the black guy from Enter the Dragon) directed by Robert Clouse (who also directed Enter the Dragon) and co-starring Scatman Crothers.
In it, The Mafia wants to buy Papa Byrd's (Crothers) dojo for the land under it, but Pop won't budge. After Byrd is killed by the mob, Black Belt Jones, a former student of his comes back to town to pay his respects and get some justice for Papa Byrd's murder.
This movie includes examples of:
- A Man Is Always Eager: This bit of dialogue:Black Belt Jones: "Take it? I could do that. But I don't need it that badly..."Sydney: "What are ya, a faggot? Why, you henhouse... My cookie would kill you..."
- The Ace: Black Belt Jones, of course.
- Action-Hogging Opening: The film opens with a bit of dialogue, then Jones jumping over a car and beating up a bunch of Mooks (who are actually his associates in the story proper).
- Adjective Noun Fred: Black Belt Jones, which is apparently his actual name.
- Arch-Enemy: Jones has Don Steffano, a crime boss who killed his master and wants to buy out his childhood dojo.
- Beard of Evil: Pinky's mighty beard.
- Big Bad: Don Steffano, The Mafia boss trying to take Byrd's school.
- Blaxploitation: Duh.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Each side gets one in. Sydney is first with the "sick faggots"; Pinky's guys storm the karate school in response:"Sydney's a broad, man!""You mean a broad did this?"
- Elite Mooks: The Bogarts.Mook: "Bogarts?"Pinky: "Treacherous Niggas..."
- Fat Idiot: Jelly. Is so useless in the fights that one starts to wonder why Pinky even keeps him around.
- Killed Off for Real: Papa Byrd.
- N-Word Privileges: Par for the course in Blaxploitation...
- No Dead Body Poops: Averted at the start of the film. "Mark this down to five dollars a bottle - he shit his pants when he died."
- Protagonist Title
- Precision F-Strike:
- "Who the FUCK just hit me?"
- "BATMAN, MuthaFUCKA!!!"
- Revenge by Proxy: Sydney delivers a Curb-Stomp Battle to some of Pinky's associates; Pinky responds in kind at the academy.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Jones' initial reaction to Sydney joining him on his Roaring Rampage of Revenge. At one point, he tells her to stay at home and do the dishes; she responds by shooting said dishes.Sydney: They're done.