Being Homer Simpson is a 2013 French Short Film featuring the French dub Voice Actors of Homer and Marge in The Simpsons. The plot revolves around Philippe Peythieu, who plays Homer, being stuck with Homer's voice after he is cursed by a crazed fan. His wife (in real life, as well as in the film), Véronique Augereau, is the voice of Marge. Comedian Arnaud Tsamere (of On n'demande qu'à en rire fame) plays the crazed fan of Philippe.
It was directed and written by Arnaud Demanche, and is available to watch online for free.
This work provides examples of:
- As Himself: Both Philippe and Véronique play themselves.
- Bad Vibrations: Philippe's cup of water vibrates ominously as Vincent stares at him.
- Also later in the bar, when Vincent makes the room shake.
- Berserk Button: Vincent's is being told to leave Philippe alone.Vincent: Vas-y, ferme ta gueule ! note
- Cassandra Truth: That Philippe really can't stop doing Homer's voice (until his wife eventually believes him).
- Catchphrase: Philippe adopts Homer's: "D'oh!", "Oh pinaise", "Ma bibiche", etc.
- Creative Closing Credits: The film's credits are in a yellow faux-handwriting font, imitating those of The Simpsons.
- Curse: Vincent puts one on Philippe.
- Death Glare: Vincent to Philippe, after he is thrown out of the signing.
- Disapproving Look: The banker, when Philippe continues to discuss his shares in Homer's voice.
- Fan Convention: The film opens at one for The Simpsons.
- Freeze-Frame Ending
- Here We Go Again!: The ending, with the Voice Actor of Eric Cartman.
- Hates Being Touched: Vincent, when the bar's staff tries to forcibly remove him.
- Is This a Joke?: The first police officer's reaction to Vincent's report. She thinks she is in a Candid Camera Prank.
- Loony Fan: Vincent.
- Police are Useless: The police officer does not buy Philippe's story.
- Averted later when Philippe and his wife successfully file a complaint.
- Psychic Strangle: Vincent does a variation of this on Philippe, which leaves him stuck with Homer's voice.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Vincent hitting Philippe on the back while he's drinking causes the latter to lose his cool.
- Set Behind the Scenes: Of The Simpsons: Philippe is shown recording dialogue in one scene.
- Shopping Montage: Philippe is shown buying and trying out various throat remedies.
- The Silent Bob: Philippe in the banker's office, so as not to use Homer's voice.
- Tongue Twister:Philippe: Petit pot de beurre, quand te dé-petit-pot-de-beurrer...
- You're Insane!: Said by Véronique to Philippe.