How does one describe THE PETE PETERSON EXPERIENCE? Hmm, tough. The best description would probably be a slightly Lighter and Softer version of Comics Nix; while his stories generally lack explicit sexual content, they're just as insane and misspelled. And if you were looking for accurate, faithful depictions of a work and its characters? Look elsewhere. TPPE's material consists mostly of:
- Nonsensical Sly Cooper crackfics relying mostly on Vulgar Humor, including cluster F bombs, groin attacks, and
Murray"Murry" being either made fun of for being "fat and retarded", brutally killed, or both.
- Death fics simply titled "(character name) Dies A Horrible/Violent/Painful Death", which are almost always the EXACT same story written line for line, only with different character names and small details pasted in. In these stories, various characters are brutally dismembered by a serial killer named Evil Inspector Andy. In the introductions, he claims that he "loves" these characters and has dolls of them that he sleeps with every night. The words he uses to describe the their "accents" are also quite interesting. (What exactly does a "gay accent" sound like? What's a "dr accent"? How about a "Big-Head accent"? A "retard accent"?) A "cat accent"?)
- Indiana Jones Dot Com
- Red Dead Redemption But With A Good Ending
- Harry Potter Uses Facebook For The First Time
- Batman The Blackening
- Sly Cooper 100
- Anachronism Stew: John Marston plays a Playstation 3, makes a jetpack, drives a Ferrari, plays basketball, and plays X-Box 360 in Red Dead Redemption But With A Good Ending. Similarly, Harry Potter Uses Facebook for the First Time has Justin Bieber and the eponymous social networking site showing up in the early-mid 90's setting of the books.
- An Aesop: Crack Is Wack and Sly Gets Wasted.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Shows up often - including Jar-Jar Binks masturbating to Jabba the Hutt.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Evil Inspector Andy almost always succeeds in killing his targets and getting away with it.
- Beige Prose: His writing is very simplistic.
- Big "NO!" / Little "No": Taken Up to Eleven in "Sly Cooper In: NO!".
- Black Comedy Rape: Done quite a bit in some of his fanfics including "Sly Becomes Mr. Hands" and "Sly Cooper Opens A Resturant".
- Bury Your Gays: If there is a gay character in his fanfics, it is bound to die really quick.
- Butt-Monkey: Dear God,
MurrayMurry. Although it is averted in Sly Goes To the Dentist.
- Camp Gay: This happens to
ClockCOCKwerk in If Clockwork Was Gay, the horse in Sly Cooper Becomes Mr.Hands, and the conductor in Red Dead Redemption But With A Good Ending.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Evil Inspector Andy, as well as Doctor Jones in Indiana Jones.com.
- Cessation of Existence: From "Sly Gets A Monster Truck", after Sly sucks up Murry's ghost with a vacuum and launches it into the sun:they launched the vaccum and destroyed murry's spirit and soul. murry was nothing now. he could never reach the after life now. he was dead spiritually, mentally, and physically. he was nothing.
- Comedic Sociopathy: All over the freaking place.
- Crack Fic: That's putting it mildly.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Sly Makes A Bootleg DVD And Goes To Jail.
- Disproportionate Retribution: In "The Inevitable: Jar Jar Binks Gets Killed", Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Mace Windu brutally kill Jar-Jar Binks, all because they caught him masturbating.
- The Dog Bites Back: After being humiliated for countless fanfictions, Murry strikes back in "Sly 100".
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Sneaky Saturday.
- Evil Twin: Bently's brother (Or Cousin?), "Nently" from Cooper Makes Hunting Legalized and Sly Goes To the Dentist.
- Groin Attack: Too many to count.
- I Ate WHAT?!: The Crapburgers and "racoon tails" made in Murry's restaurant from Sly Cooper Opens A Resturant.
- Jerkass: It'd be easier to name the characters who aren't this trope.
- Karma Houdini: Evil Inspector Andy almost never gets any form of comeuppance.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Would you trust a guy named Evil Inspector Andy?
- No Dead Body Poops: This happens to Murray in The Return of Murray, in a Shout-Out to Chef's death in South Park.
- Pyrrhic Victory: Evil Inspector Andy may have successfully killed The Skipper in "Gilligan Dies a Horrible Painful Death", but he gets caught in the inferno that he made on the island.
- Shock Site: Makes several references to them. There are even a few stories where Sly decides to reenact them, with predictable results.
- Shout-Out: To Revenge of the Sith in "Murry the Robot", and South Park in "The Return of Murray".
- Straw Loser: "Kaiser Scott" in all of his appearances. He even loses to fights against "Murry".
- Take That!: His stories frequently feature "shout-outs" to flamers, most notably "Kaiser Scott".
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Used in "Sly And Bently Actually Make Iced Burritos".
- Took a Level in Badass: "Murry", of all characters in "Sly 100". He even gets a Humongous Mecha that looks like a fusion of a Gundam and a school bus and even kills almost everyone in the story!
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Once again, "Murry" in "Sly 100".
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Murry The Robot.
- Villain Protagonist: Unlike in the games, the Cooper Gang are pretty much straight criminals with very few sympathetic qualities.