Michel Jacques Daniel Piccoli (December 27, 1925 - May 12, 2020) was a French actor of Swiss descent.
His parents came from the Italian-speaking Canton of Ticino, Switzerland. He famously worked with Luis Buñuel in The '50s. Then in The '60s he became the leading actor in the emerging European arthouse cinema working with the same Buñuel as well as with other directors of note, including Marco Ferreri and Jean-Luc Godard.
Films with pages on TV Tropes:
- Contempt (1963)
- Diary of a Chambermaid (1964)
- The Young Girls of Rochefort (1967)
- Belle de Jour (1967)
- Danger: Diabolik (1968)
- Dillinger è morto (1969)
- The Milky Way (1969)
- Topaz (1969)
- The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972)
- La Grande Bouffe (1973)
- Fellini's Casanova (1976, dubbed Donald Sutherland in French)
- Espion, lève-toi (1982)
- Dangerous Moves (1984)
- La Belle Noiseuse (1991)
- The Timekeeper (1992) as Jules Verne
- Beaumarchais (1996) as the Prince of Conti
- We Have A Pope (2011)
Tropes associated with his works:
- Carpet of Virility: Had quite a few Shirtless Scenes though his career, showing his very hairy chest.
- Cool Old Guy: His roles as a senior citizen, with his imposing appearance and dignified demeanor.