John Richard Schlesinger CBE (16 February 1926 – 25 July 2003) was an English film and stage director.
Films with pages on this wiki:
- Terminus (1961)
- Billy Liar (1963)
- Darling (1965)
- Far from the Madding Crowd (1967)
- Midnight Cowboy (1969)
- Sunday Bloody Sunday (1971)
- The Day of the Locust (1975)
- Marathon Man (1976)
- The Falcon and the Snowman (1985)
- The Believers (1987)
- Pacific Heights (1990)
- Eye for an Eye (1996)
Tropes associated with Schlesinger's work:
- What Could Have Been:
- He was offered to direct A Clockwork Orange but turned it down because of its violent content.
- He had envisioned Marathon Man as starring Al Pacino, Julie Christie, and Laurence Olivier. Producer Robert Evans vetoed the idea of Pacino as the lead, and Christie turned down the role. Olivier, of course, was ultimately cast.