Bradley Darryl "B.D." Wong (born October 24, 1960) is an American actor of Hong Kongese descent.
Primarily a character actor, he won a Tony Award for his performance as Song Liling in M. Butterfly. He's also well-known for his roles as Dr. George Huang on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Father Ray Mukada on Oz, and Dr. Henry Wu in the Jurassic Park franchise.
His most well known voice acting role is Li Shang from Disney's Mulan.
- Family Business (1989) as Jimmy Chiu, Adam's MIT Prof
- The Freshman (1990) (1990) as Edward
- Father of the Bride (1991) as Howard Weinstein
- Jurassic Park as Dr. Henry Wu
- And the Band Played On (1993) as Kico Govantes
- The Ref (1994) as Dr. Wong, Marriage Counselor
- Men of War (1994) as Po
- Executive Decision (1996) as Sergeant Louie
- Seven Years in Tibet (1997) as Ngawang Jigme
- Mulan (1998) as Li Shang
- White Frog (2012) as Oliver Young
- All-American Girl as Dr. Stuart Kim (1994-1995)
- Oz as Father Ray Mukada (1997-2003)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Dr. George Huang (20012014)
- Awake as Dr. John Lee (2012)
- The Normal Heart as Buzzy (2014)
- Mr. Robot as White Rose (2015)
- Gotham as Hugo Strange (2015)
- DuckTales (2017) as Toad Liu Hai
- Awkwafina is Nora from Queens as Wally (2020-)
Video Game Roles
Tropes applying to his works:
- Badass Baritone: Wong has a very low voice, and he sometimes uses it to play commanding heroes.
- Evil Sounds Deep: On the other hand, he often plays terrifying villains and makes their lines sound very intimidating in his low voice.
- Mad Scientist: Henry Wu shaped himself as one in Jurassic World, and there's also Hugo Strange in Gotham.