BEWARE OF SPOILERS. Due to the nature of the show, with its many Walking Spoiler characters, twists, and turns, the only spoilers whited out are those for the current season "24: Live Another Day". Proceed with caution!
Sergei Petrovich Bazhaev
A high-ranking mob boss in the extremely secretive Russian crime syndicate Red Square, and was a co-conspirator in the assassination plot against President Omar Hassan.
- The Dreaded: Even a crazy psychopath like Vladimir Laitanan is scared of him, and worries about merely calling him.
- Due to the Dead: Buried his son Oleg like a soldier killed in battle.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He runs the syndicate with his 2 sons, and he later asks for witness protection for him and his family for helping expose the Russian conspiracy. On the other hand...
- I Will Punish Your Friend for Your Failure: When Josef tries to get medical treatment for Oleg, putting the operation at risk, Sergei kills Oleg.
- Kick the Dog: He kills his son who was exposed to the rods, largely to punish the other son for his attempt to treat him.
- Offing the Offspring: Oleg.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Lost his sons in one bad night.
- Pet the Dog: He shows sympathy for his son after the killing his brother, making sure he ends up with the angels and says he doesn't care where he himself ends up.
- Villainous Breakdown: Cries after admitting everything he's done was for nothing.
The son of Russian Red Square crime boss Sergei Bazhaev and Anna Ivanovna, and the older brother of Oleg Bazhaev. He and his father's group were active in the United States during Day 8.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He's pretty much entirely motivated by his love for his brother.
The son of mob boss Sergei Bazhaev and Anna Ivanovna, and the younger brother of Josef Bazhaev.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: He's dying of radiation poisoning, but gets the comparably merciful fate of being shot dead by his father.
- The Dutiful Son: Josef thought it was all just an act.
- The Load: Why his father kills him.
- Tragic Keepsake: His crucifix.
An assassin for an elite Russian criminal cartel, Red Square, during Day 8. He was the trigger-man for the plot to kill President Omar Hassan and had a cover identity of Mike Farmer, an NYPD officer.
- Accent Relapse: Tries to get a coworker to switch shifts with him by asking nicely, but when that fails, he drops the American accent.
- Character Death: Courtesy of Jack.
- Dirty Cop: His cover identity is an NYPD officer.
- Professional Killer: For the Red Square.
- Starter Villain: He's a major threat the first few episodes of the season, but as the season progresses, it's clear he was just a pawn.
The man in charge of an illegal Russian arms-trafficking ring prior to Day 8. After the ring was broken up by undercover FBI agent Renee Walker, all of its members were arrested except Laitanan, who disappeared. During Day 8, Renee Walker and CTU New York targeted Laitanan through Ziya Dakhilov as the best possible lead in their investigation of the Russian crime syndicate Red Square.
- Asshole Victim: He gets one of the most deserved deaths in 24's history.
- Ax-Crazy: Vladimir is dangerously psychotic.
- Character Death: At Renee's hands.
- Eye Scream: Renee gives one to Vlad with a steak knife before stabbing him an additional 14 times.
- Faux Affably Evil: Only briefly, due to him being a Mood-Swinger.
- Jerkass: Easily one of the most loathsome, evil and cruel characters to ever appear on the show.
- Karmic Death: He's killed by the woman he tormented and tried to rape.
- The Mafiya: He's a Russian mobster with ties to Red Square.
- Mood-Swinger: Vladimir goes from apologetic and contrite to psychotically angry within a sentence.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Renee utterly despises him for his attempted rape of her.
- No Kill Like Overkill: Renee stabs him once, and then 14 more times to make sure it took.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Does this to Ziya.
A Russian convict with connection to criminal kingpin Vladimir Laitanan. The FBI offered him full immunity to turn Laitanan in, however, Dakhilov kept quiet and served his prison time, pleading guilty to a class-three felony. On parole, he worked in an auto-parts store in Long Island City, wearing a security tracking bracelet on his wrist. He also had a reputation as a pedophile: Renee Walker commented that he liked thirteen year-old girls.
Vladimir Laitanan's right hand man during Day 8.
- Beard of Evil: He has a light beard.
- Character Death: Lugo is killed by Jack.
- The Dragon: For Vladimir.
- Evil Redhead: Due to being played by Tony Curran.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: To Vladimir. Lugo seems a little more sane.
- The Mafiya: He's a Russian mobster.
- Only Sane Employee: Of Vladimir. He doesn't want to get involved with Renee and the nuclear rods.