The character sheet for One Week Friends. Help will be much appreciated.
The protagonist of the series, Yūki is a second year high school student who develops an interest in Kaori Fujimiya, his classmate who keeps herself isolated from the others. He later learns that she loses all memories of her friends each week, including him. Despite this, Yūki still wants to become her new friend every week.
- Book Dumb: Very bad at mathematics.
- Butt-Monkey: He is probably the closest thing this series has to one.
- Adorkable: He has his moments.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Subverted by the end of the manga. He almost did it, but then cue Interrupted Declaration of Love.
- Catch Phrase: "Please be friends with me."
- Crazy Jealous Guy
- The Determinator:
- He will never stop trying to ask Kaori to be his friend again and again... unless he starts to think that she's interested in other boys besides him. Which is quite often.
- It's because he's this that he became best friends with Shōgo, who was the typical Lone Wolf at the start of middle school and refused to be friendly with anyone. Hase actually took this attitude as a challenge and wanted Shōgo to acknowledge him as someone at his level. His plan of action? Interact with Shōgo everyday in class and after school, no matter how annoyed he gets.
- Nice Guy
- Not So Different: With Hajime.
- What the Hell, Hero?: He does this quite a few times, which can also count as Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!.
Heroine of the series, Kaori is Yūki's classmate who keeps losing her memory of her friends each Monday. As a result, she tries to isolate herself from other people.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Though her aloofness was just an act to avoid making friends.
- Break the Cutie: After she starts losing her memories. Fortunately, she gets better.
- Broken Bird: Prior the story due to her amnesia.
- Childhood Friends: With Hajime.
- The Cutie: Originally was one prior the story.
- Easy Amnesia: Kaori loses every memory of her friends each Monday.
- Eating Lunch Alone
- Nice Guy: Very much so.
- Missing Dad: Downplayed as he is alive and well, he just doesn't appear on screen.
- Oblivious to Love: She never gets that Yūki has a huge crush on her. Understandable, as she has low self-esteem and doesn't expect a kind of relationship beside friendship.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Looks a lot like her mother.
- Supreme Chef
- Used to Be More Social: She was very kind and friendly until she started to lose her memories, which made her want to isolate herself from others so nobody would feel hurt.
Yuuki's best friend. He appears to be a cold person and treats everything else as a bother, but he is always very reliable.
- The Ace: Let's just expect him to be good at everything he does.
- Big Brother Mentor: Played this role to Yuuki, as he gives him advice from time to time. Even lampshaded by himself.Shougo: You know, I can't keep helping you forever.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Sleeping in the classroom doesn't stop him from being the top of his class.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is harsh but he actually means well.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Has older and younger sisters who seem to rely on him a lot.
- Ship Tease: Has some with Saki.
- The Stoic: He very rarely changes his expression from his default bored one.
One of Hase's classmates. Saki is a clumsy and forgetful girl who used to be Shōgo's primary school classmate.
- The Ditz
- Shipper on Deck: Ships Hase and Fujimiya a lot.
- Ship Tease: With Shougo.
- Token Mini-Moe: Acts childish and is the smallest of the cast.
A transfer student. He was Kaori's primary school classmate, but he treats her poorly when they're reunited. Once he learns about her amnesia, he starts to hang around with the group.
- Childhood Friends: With Kaori.
- Deadpan Snarker: Just like Shougo. The two get along in the manga.
- Forgotten First Meeting: With Kaori, for good reason.
- It's All My Fault: Get hit by this after the reveal.
- Jerkass Realization: Once he learns about Kaori's problem.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his harsh words toward Kaori, he actually cares for her and is pretty nice guy.
- Not So Different: Both Hajime and Yuki are friends with Kaori, and are very protective of her.
- Mum Looks Like a Sister: She could easily be mistaken for Kaori's sister.
- Adults Are Useless: Subverted, as he understands Kaori's situation and gives her a rooftop key.
- Those Two Guys: With Ai.
- Those Two Guys: With Maiko.
- The Ditz: He doesn't even seem to mind that his parents disowned him due to him being a slacker.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: It's revealed that in the past, Kaori indeed went to the park to see Kujō, but she overheard him suggesting making fun of her and letting Kujō play a hero role so she would remember him after Kujō moved away. While Kujō refused to do it, Kaori had already run off. She then ran into some of her other friends who were bad mouthing her. Long story short, his joking for Kujō's sake unknowingly caused a chain of events for Kaori.
- Last Episode, New Character: He appears near the end of volume 6.