Monaco has a fun and interesting cast of characters, each with their own personality and set of skills. Although (barring a couple exceptions) all of the characters can perform any of the tasks, some characters are able to perform specific tasks faster, making it essential that you prioritize who is doing what.
- "Relax, chief, I can get us out of here."
Represented by the color blue, a blue collar infiltration expert who can open doors, safes, and ATMs with ease. He's good for getting in and out quickly.
- Boring, but Practical: His ability isn't flashy or particularly interesting compared to the rest of the crew, but given that this is a game that revolves around stealing things, and the Locksmith specializes in cracking open safes and the like, his ability can still be quite invaluable in tougher levels.
- Master of Unlocking: Unlocks doors and cracks safes fastest of them all.
Represented by the color red, a young woman who can rapidly climb ladders and get through windows quickly. While standing still or moving slowly, she will reveal every NPC on the map, making her ideal for planning.
- Action Girl: She moves and can enter through vents and windows quicker than the others. She can also wield a shotgun or machine gun.
- Boring, but Practical: Much like the Locksmith. Locating enemies isn't exciting, but it's invaluable for setting up ambushes and avoiding patrols.
- Defog of War: She can reveal the interiors of nearby rooms, as well as...
- Enemy-Detecting Radar: Her unique ability. Whenever she stands still or sneaks, nearby Guards are marked with an icon, even if they are behind walls.
- Lady in Red: Her outfit is a dark shade of red.
- Red Is Heroic: Averted. The Lookout wears and is associated with red, but isn't heroic in the slightest.
- "One of us is here out of loyalty. And one of us is here because of pragmatism."
Represented by the color yellow, a fiscally concerned hobo with a monkey named Hector who steals coins. He can quickly steal all of the coins in a room while drawing little attention to himself. He can also hide in bushes quickly.
- Assist Character: How Hector works. He can't be controlled directly, but he'll swipe coins for the Pickpocket without being noticed by guards or cameras.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: At least, it's better for your team. Not so much for civilians and police.
- Loveable Rogue: He certainly likes to see himself as one, anyway. For everyone else, it depends on whether he's on your side or not.
- Team Pet: His monkey, Hector, functions as a support animal for the team; he can grab any loose coins or steal money from civilians within a short radius of the Pickpocket.
Represented by the color pink, a glasses wearing psychopath who can knock unsuspecting people out with chloroform. He can also use health packs quickly, making him a great combat class.
- Bald of Evil: There isn't a speck of hair on his character model.
- The Brute: By far the most combat-oriented of the classes.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: He wears glasses, and he's definitely a nasty guy.
- Instant Sedation: Courtesy of Chloroform. It doesn't matter if the Guard is close to full alert status, the moment you touch him, he's down for the count.
- Non-Lethal K.O.: You can not permanently kill Guards with a shotgun, let alone Chloroform.
- The Quiet One: Most of his lines during the story have been '...'
- The Sociopath: The Locksmith all but refers to him as such, saying that he believes that the only reason the Cleaner sticks around with the rest of the crew is because he likes hurting people.
- "Nobody locks up Mole. Mole has FREEDOM SPOON."
Represented by the color purple. He is a breach expert who has the unique ability of breaking down walls. He can also enter secret passages quickly and break glass cases quickly. His hammer affords him a lot of mobility, but it attracts nearby guards, making him a great distraction.
- Dumb Muscle: Shows in his speech pattern, and especially in the Pickpocket's story.The Mole: Mole not understand.
- Dungeon Bypass: He can knock down walls with his hammer.
- I Call It "Vera": Mole refers to his hammer as the "FREEDOM SPOON".
- Simple, yet Awesome: He digs through walls. That's all he does. It is, however, extremely useful, allowing you to sometimes bypass large parts of a level, as well as incredibly satisfying to use.
- Tunnel King: As his name suggests, the Mole has the ability to tunnel through walls.
- Third-Person Person: As can be seen above.
- "Pay no heed to the officers in my foyer. I'm sure they will be perfectly polite."
Represented by the color teal, he is a skillful master of disguise who puts on disguises when hidden. These disguises last 6 seconds and allow him to slip through people. He can also enter escape cars very quickly.
- The Chessmaster: Everything he does is part of a grander scheme. A majority of the spoilers on the main page are a result of his actions, including backstabbing the original four thieves into taking the blame for his crimes.
- Gratuitous French: His dialogue is peppered with such.
- The Leader: He's the one who makes most of the crew's decisions.
- Master of Disguise: He automatically disguises himself whenever he's hidden.
- Stealth Expert: His disguise ability makes him one of the easiest characters to sneak around with. It doesn't last very long compared to the disguises you can pick up, though.
Represented by the color lime, a computer expert who can put viruses into outlets that will follow him around and wreak havoc. He can also hack into regular computers and cameras faster than any other class.
- Hollywood Hacking: He can hack security devices from electric outlets.
- Motor Mouth: If his chat text is any indication.The Hacker: getingetoutgetrich
- No Punctuation Period: In addition to omitting spaces, his dialogue is written this way, to accentuate his insanity.
- Slouch of Villainy: He's constantly bent over, unlike the other characters, who all stand up straight.
- Techno Wizard: Via exploiting Hollywood Hacking and Everything Is Online. The group recruits him for this exact reason.
- "Diamonds. Diamonds will make me feel better."
Represented by the color orange. A seductress who can get one NPC at a time to aid her and open doors for her, making her excellent in tight spots. She can also revive teammates faster than anyone else.
- Action Girl: She isn't as fast at moving about as the Lookout, but she can still wield a gun just as capably as the latter.
- Bi the Way: Possibly. At one point she flirted with The Lookout. It's doubtful that actually happened, considering as she is The Lookout.
- Charm Person: Her ability in a nutshell.
- Combat Medic: She can revive teammates faster than others, and as Action Girl above posits, she's no slouch in combat.
- Even the Girls Want Her: She can charm both male and female NPCs... even dogs. Which can open doors for her.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Before she met the Gentleman, she used to be the Blonde.
- Evil Redhead: She's pleasant enough with the other characters, but she's still a cold-blooded criminal and killer just like the rest of them.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Exploited.
- Rapunzel Hair: It overshadows her character model.