The story's main character, Linley was born in the Baruch clan, one of the Yulan continent's big families, sadly for him the Family had been reduced to three members: his father, his younger brother and himself. Before his sixth birthday, his father tells Linley his family once was famous for being one of the Supreme Warriors families, and in his veins runs the blood of the Dragon Warriors, sadly after the ages the blood's been too diluted and Linley lacks the ability to access this power, even more, this leaves Linley unable to train as a warrior. Looking to make a name for himself and recover the family's honor Linley decides to train as a Magus instead, and with the help of the Doehring, an ancient Saint level Magus, whose spirit resides in the Coiling Dragon Ring, and Bebe, a magical beast of unknown race, he will embark in world changing adventures.
Linley's a dual element magus of Earth and Wind, but continued to train as a warrior while attending the Ernst Institute. He later awakens his Dragon Warrior blood by consuming the blood and magicrystal of a 9th rank dragon.
- BFS: His adamantine greatword, Bladeless. Uses it often in conjunction with his Laws of Earth-empowered attacks
- Child Prodigy: Linley can be considered this for his outstanding progress, reaching 7th rank of Magus when he was 17, feat only surpassed once in more than 10000 years, Linley says it's mostly his hard word and training.
- Draconic Humanoid: his Dragonform
- Elemental Powers: As a prodigy mage and warrior the speed of his cultivation to Saint level is much higher than usual
- Dishing Out Dirt: He has exceptional aptitude to earth element which his spirit mentor Doehring Cowart guarantees
- Playing with Fire: His affinity with it is rather average but still gains understanding of the element faster than your usual deity. Reaction of the others is not knowing whether to laugh or cry.
- Blow You Away: Learns through an examination that he also has exceptional affinity with the wind element
- Making a Splash: Due to the Ancestral Baptism, Linley gained a Water Demigod and aptitude on par or greater with his Earth aptitude.
- God-Emperor: Becomes one when Baruch Kingdom expanded enough to become Baruch Empire. He becomes this in spirit to the Four Divine Beast Clan when he becomes a Paragon.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners with Bebe
- Missing Mom: Linley's mom was sacrificed to the Radiant Sovereign the day Wharton was born.
- Older Than He Looks: He never aged a day since he became a saint.
- Super Power Lottery: Gained the innate divine ability to slow down his opponent's perception of time, a terrifying ability where a few seconds means life or death.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: After suffering a soul attack from the Paragon of Fate, Magnus, Linley became able to fuse four different elemental laws allowing him to be stronger than regular Paragons by severalfold.
Bebe's normally a 20 cms long black mouse, but don't let appearances confuse you, Bebe's a magical beast a Godeater Rat, one of two specimens who naturally reach God level in adulthood, the other godeater rat is Beirut, the continent's real ruler, as such he has plenty of incredible abilities, between them lay the ability to change his body size several times, bite through almost anything and move at incredible speeds. Bebe created a bond of equals with Linley and as such is his soul brother, they share an emotional link and can talk mentally through great distances.
- The Dreaded: Even more than Beirut. People know that Beirut won't lower himself to kill people, Bebe on the other hand...
- Killer Rabbit: Bebe normally appears to be a 20 cms long mouse, but can bite through a dragon's head
- Super Power Lottery: Can directly eat a divine spark and forge weapon out of it that are only outspec by Sovereign Artifacts. Oh, if your soul defense isn't strong enough it automatically kills you.
Beruit, called the King of the Forest of Darkness, is the Highgod in charge of the Yulan plane and controls access to the Necropolis of the Gods. He lives in a metallic castle and rarely gets involved in the outside world. When he lays down a rule, however, you follow it. If you don't, you become an object lesson for the others.
- Blow You Away: Has a Highgod Wind Clone And turns out he refined a low wind sovereign spark with that clone 10,000 years ago.
- The Dreaded: He has a very high reputation in Infernal Realm and the one responsible that the Four Beasts Clans are still around even after 10,000 years of the demise of their Sovereign-level ancestors
- Super Power Lottery: Can kill deities easily by causing their divine sparks to leave them and can only be resisted by Sovereigns and Paragons. The artifacts he forges out of Divine Sparks are near peerless and only fall short of Sovereign artifacts.
- Underestimating Badassery: Underestimating Beruit is not a good idea, even if you are a powerful Highgod. He may not be as old as you, but he is still capable of blocking your attacks with back of his head.
Delia entered the Ernst Institute the same year as Linley, and was in the first-year Wind class with him. She tried to make friends with him from the beginning, much to the amusement of Doehring, but never progressed far beyond the friendly acquaintance stage until Linley started dating Alice. She is an friendly person, but will bring to bear everything she can against those that cross her.
Doehring Cowart, or Grandpa Doehring as Linley calls him, is a 5000 years old spirit who slept inside the Coiling Dragon Ring, Doehring told Linley that back when he was alive he had an encounter with a Fire Magus and lost his life when a third combatant back stabbed him, instead of letting his soul be lost or captured, Doehring stored it into the ring till next owner came.
Doehring's an Earth Saint Magus, this can be considered the top level a mortal reaches before turning into a god, he also acts as Linley teacher in Earth magic.
The younger brother, and only sibling, of Linley. When shown together as children, Wharton was often messy, whiny, and not as clever as his brother. Unlike when Linley was tested, Wharton's blood showed a sufficient density to transform into a Dragonblood Warrior. Because of this, Hogg sold enough family possessions to send him to the O'Brien Academy for training.
- Big Brother Worship: When they were children, Wharton would want to be around or go places with Linley. When Linley told him something, he would respond like he did to their father. Although that may be because Linley knew the way to get him to listen.
- Playing with Fire: His chosen path when he becomes a saint.
Yale, Reynolds, Linley, and George moved in together when they all began attending the Ernst Institute in the same year. They became fast friends and would stay friends after they each left the school. When one is hurt or otherwise needs help, the others don't hesitate to step in and dish out vengeance or assistance, as is required.
- True Companions: Whether it requires using a global trade conglomerate to destroy a romantic rival or killing the Emperor's brother, they will be there for each other.
CesarA 5000 year old saint known as "The King of Killers". later he became a demigod.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite being an assassin and trainings in the Laws of Darkness he is amiable to Linley.
- Casting a Shadow: Trains in the Law of Darkness.
Olivier AkerlundA Saint-level combatant in the OBrien Empire, renowned as the Prodigy Sword Saint. Defeated the Stellar Sword Saint Dillon shortly after reaching the Saint-level (at a very young age). Elder brother of Blumer Akerlund.
- Elemental Powers: He has high affinity towards light and darkness
O'BrienThe War God of the O'Brien Empire and one of the five gods of the Yulan Continent. He became a demigod 5000 years ago.
- Archenemy: Considers the High Priest of the Yulan Empire this.
- Playing with Fire:Trains in the Laws of Fire.
CatherineThe god of the Yulan Empire and has been around since 10,000 years ago.
ReisgemOnly son of the Bloodridge Sovereign. One of the Commanders that take part during the Planar Wars. Despite his age, incredibly childish, playful, and free-spirited.
- Gravity Master: His family's signature ability can debilitate, slow, trap, and against weaklings, outright kill those caught in it's field of effect.
- Gravity Screw: Those trapped within his signature ability can be pulled in any direction he wishes.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Old but childlike. Loves to torture and play with his prey. He and Bebe act like just One of the Kids when they're together.
- Royal Brat: Only child of a Sovereign, an incredibly powerful and wealthy entity. Casually tosses war-inducing fortunes to Linley, Bebe, and one of his own followers, each. The children or followers of other Sovereigns are expected to do his bidding.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor: When instructed by his mother to teach Linley, he tosses him into a gravitic vortex that starts to tear Linley apart. Linley must either learn the unique technique that Reisgem's family knows to get free, or die.